Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Whosya... careful... if you relax at all, your heart might stop completely! OMG how fit are you! Congrats!

Georgia... great NSV!

Lacey... how'd your surgery go?

Congrats on all the great progress everyone's making, especially those on the C25k... you guys are doing so great.

Ok, I've now taken the full week off. Even though my strep is gone, the medication really did a number on my stomach. I've pretty much been on full fluids for the last few days as nothing stays down. I took my last dose this morning, so hopefully the irritation will stop and I can get back to myself... be able to eat and actually have some energy!

Kathy~ I hope you get to feeling better, it is no fun being sick!

I finished my second 5K today. I hit my goal that I made in December! I was pretty excited about that. I finished in 34:40 and was able to take 5 minutes off of my time.

It was the first time since Dec that my DH has run with me. He noticed that I was faster and my conditioning was better. Nice to have some confirmation.

Lots of congrats ktork! your time was great! and its always nice and fun to meet a goal.

Kathy, i really hope you feel better very soon.

today i ran! it wasnt the best but not as bad as the other day. I changed things slightly, but only for the trial and error of it. i just didnt feel like changing my shoes. was wearing my crappy everyday reeboks that id been wearing all day....I know i broke all the rules regarding running shoes i bet. they're the only ones i have besides my asics which are my good running shoes. my feel actually felt ok. not bad if i say so. also, i moved up to wk 3! it wasnt terrible, but i did get a tiny bit confused with which part of the sequence i was supposed to be on. but, I did do 1 of the 2 3 minute run intervals. i kept thinking why am i doing this, but i did it.

so considering both of the things above, when i have my good shoes on i figure i'll be able to do it ok. very exciting really!

tc all,

Carol

Lacey... how'd your surgery go?

Hey Kathy, it went well, thanks for asking. Way less pain than I expected. I go tomorrow to get the stitches out and hopefully get the all clear to go back to "life as normal". I am antsy to get back to running.

I hope your tummy feels better soon, some meds are just so harsh on our systems.

I ran my first 5K race! It was awesome. In spite of my pants trying to fall down at the start and the bad weather.

I ran 36'21" which is faster than I run in the gym!

That put me at 25/75 in my age group -- top 1/3 finish! Woot, woot! I was in the middle in terms of the entire race though. Which means I met two of my goals: (1) don't come in last and (2) finish in under 40 min.

Here's my full race report:

Fatty Fights Back: My first 5k - Race Report

Mac~ WTG! Doesn't it feel great when you reach those goals!

Kristen & Mac... Congrats on your 5k's!! Great time both of you!

Whosya... Happy race anniversary!

Well, I'm finally feeling better! YEAHHHHH! I did a few walks on the weekend just to get going again, and tonight I'm going for a run. Glad that's over! Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

Lacey, glad you're feeling good.

Mac and krtork - Congrats!

Kathy and Lacey - Glad you are getting better and back in the saddle again.

Carol - Good job on the run, I hope you continue to enjoy it. Keep pushing forward.

Whosya - One year is amazing, you give me hope that I'll be on here this time next year in much better shape than I am in now!

Last night I did W7D1, it was so EASY! OMG, I never thought I'd say those words. I had such a stressful day and I worried that I would defeat myself and convince myself to take the night off, instead I kept telling myself how much better the run would make me feel and what a great stress reliever it is.

I had an AWESOME run and then knocked out some pull-ups after. I can now pull up from flat on the floor then back down and up 1/2 way 2 times. Sort of a set of 3 semi-full pull-ups. I did 4 sets! When I started C25K I had to stand on a chair to get up there and then only could do flex arm hang! Woot!

I now look forward to running and absolutely LOVE the way it makes my body feel. This is crazy! Thanks for the inspiration everyone and thanks for cheering me on!!!

OMG!!!!!!! I DID IT! I DID IT! I DID IT! LOL I'm not entirely sure I know exactly what I did with w3d2, but I did something! (And yes, i think maybe i am nuts. LOL) Maybe its the podrunner djbeatsmith thingy thats weird and not me. Who knows...

Ok heres how it went: I did the 3 minute intervals today - all of them with the 90 sec ones in between!!! I may have even made a mistake and did an extra 4 minute run depending on whether it was me or the podcast that had the mistake. If I made the mistake it was a fantastic mistake, that I never thought I would. The intervals follow the printed outline, but the end has that long chime indicating the end of a walk cycle and more music comes on. So I ran the last interval! According to the chart I ran 4 minutes and 10 secs extra that I didnt have to. But I SOOOOO DID IT!!!!!!!

I finished my block to cool down (about 5-7 mins based on the songs i was listening to.)

and i feel so awesome i could just burst! I know I still have a long way to go but I am so proud of myself. And, I'm ready to cry I'm so happy. Maybe this is a runner's high. I hope so!

Carol

I'm so excited to see you guys so excited about Couch-to-5K!

Today we did a trail run instead of a track run. So some hills. The whole thing was 4 miles, with rests, so now I've done 4 miles for the first time. I am hopeful for my tri next month. I wasn't sure I could do 4 miles by then.

Carol - Congrats! I know exactly how you feel!

Mac - Way to go with the 4 miles. A trail run sounds like fun.

Carol... LOL, I remember making the same mistake on that week!!! By the sounds of your post, you are on a runners high!! Congrats. It is such an amazing feeling when you finish your run and are so proud of your accomplishment! We are also proud for you too!!!

Suzanne... way to go! Pull ups and a long run! I'm impressed! I have absolutely no upper body strength, so the thought of a pull up scares me!

It's our kids spring break this week, so yesterday we all went off to the Toronto Zoo. It was beautiful out, sunny and fairly warm all day. The zoo was packed with people, but didn't matter, we still had a great day. I actually wore my Nike+ the whole day to see how far I walked... about 5m total. Not bad, but what's better is the kids did that as well! They were totally whacked out on the drive home!

wow Kathy. thanks for helping me feel less nuts. so what did you do for the last part? did u keep running it? or did u walk more? im still confused what to do with the very last interval for week3...let me know what u did...

thanks again for all the support ladies and gent(s)!

Carol

I decided to run again today even though I ran yesterday. I had to miss my swim workout for my support meeting. But then the scheduled topic didn't happen so I was annoyed. I'd rather swim!