Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Whosya - Congrats on the weightloss. Where do you find the time for all this exercise? I'm in awe.

I gave up watching TV..playing Xbox360 and sleeping! yes i have to get up at 4am to make the workouts.

i still watch Biggest loser on dvr

I don't know how you do it. I get up at 4am to get ready for work and don't get home until 6:45pm. It takes all I have to get dinner made, 30 mins on treadmill, eat, cleanup, wind down and get to bed.

Good luck on your marathon!

Suzanne... congrats on the 20min run! You did it on the first try! You should notice pretty fast progress now! Good luck on week 6. I know Day 1 week 6 for me was really hard. After running 20min straight I thought I could do the intervals no problem... NOT! LOL!

Wow! This board has really grown!! I have been reading through the posts for the last month and they are very impressive. I found the thread by RenewedHope back when I was first banded and am so thrilled to say that the band has given me the opportunity to return to one of my first loves - running. When I was first banded my knees hurt so bad, I could not climb stairs very easily and experienced a lot of pain. Now I have surpassed the couch to 5K and have become addicted to the running scene again!! My personal best is 4 miles in 46.40 - still not enough to pass Renewed's personal best!!! But I am trying.............. Such good posts everyone. Thanks for sharing!!

i didnt run tonite :laugh: i had a thing to do with my daughter. i was beat and didnt have the time by the time we got home. TOMORROW. yay cant wait actually. sticking with week 2 for the conditioning. If im not ready to move to week 3 by next week, please kick my butt.

the blah news: im not losing at all. my band is fickle, I've been eating junk, havent been taking my cinnamon, and i havent been logging food. So, one step at a time...(just like running)... tomorrow i'll start taking the cinnamon again. even put the bottle with my purse. and i'll start logging at sparks again. ok thats 2 steps tomorrow, but im up for it. lol.

Yay for u suzanne!

and OMG WTG whosya!

tc all

Carol

Thanks Kathy and Carol. W6D1 went very well and I woke up feeling strong this morning. Then I got to work and the stairs made me feel so TIRED. LOL

I think I'm almost ready to include other exercises into my week. I was thinking about doing kick boxing tonight. Up until now I was afraid I'd make myself too tired for the C25K, but I'm feeling pretty good about that. Then again, I may wait until I've run 20+ minutes for 3 days in one week, which would be after next week.

I too am struggling with the scales. They just will not cooperate. I've always heard the last few pounds are difficult, but this is rediculous. LOL

Carol, what's the cinnamon for?

I've heard about cinnamon for years now, and was always skeptical. What I've narrowed down as the general benefits are in these articles I'm posting here. Please, if you're considering taking cinnamon supplements read the do's and donts in the 2nd article. This is what its supposed to do.... For ppl with normal blood sugar, its supposed to "regulate" blood sugar thorugh the day, which FOR ME means fewer hunger spikes. Probably the way any good quality Fiber is supposed to do. It's not supposed to be a cure for diabetes or anything, but since I got rid of the diabetes with the wt loss (so far), my BS is normal. I do get drops in my BS and spikes, etc. I find that when I take the cinnamon capsules that I get in the Vitamin aisle at Target, I stay less hungry through the day and so it helps me.

Hope these articles help.

Carol

The Health Benefits of Cinnamon

The Top 5 Health Benefits of Cinnamon

Thanks Carol. Interesting Read. I heard that Cinnamon helps with BS. I'm hypoglycemic, but after reading this, I'm not so sure it would help with that since my sugar is already oftentimes too low.

I like the idea of appetite suppression though.

Good luck with your run tonight.

Way to go Whosya!!!! 200 pounds is awesome. Whosya, have you read anything about the PX90. I have ordered it and it should arrive this week. If you have a chance google it and tell me what you think. Muscle confusion is one of the primary tactics that it uses. I am looking forward to starting it. I would be interested in your opinion.

I was down to 163 for my weigh in this week. I am a little puzzled. Since I haven't run in over a month my scales are starting to drop. I hope I am not losing muscle. Maybe the change has stopped this horid plateau. I also got a fil about a month ago so maybe that is why. Anyway, I will take it.

I unpacked my safety strap to my treadmill last night, so I will be back on soon. I am actually starting to want to run a little.

You guys are doing awesome!!! I am so impressed with all of your consistancy. I am so on or off. I wish I could be more like most of you!!

Way to go Whosya!!!! 200 pounds is awesome. Whosya, have you read anything about the PX90. I have ordered it and it should arrive this week. If you have a chance google it and tell me what you think. Muscle confusion is one of the primary tactics that it uses. I am looking forward to starting it. I would be interested in your opinion.

quote]

P90X is awesome!!! in my opinion. Now it is totally goign to kick your butt! there is a whole group out there now that cross train like p90X does. I would HIGHLY recomend it. Basically alot of the things p90x does is what i use.

YOu can see it on Biggest loser too. They do alot of weird and different exersises to keep there muscles confused so to speak.

If you can keep up with it it will be fantastic for you!

It looks pretty tough. I am hoping I can hang. I really think I have exercise ADD. Once I do this for the initial 90 days I will probably have to find something else to keep me motivated. My body just wants something new! I am really excited about adding some weights. I can't wait to get started!

Thanks Carol. Interesting Read. I heard that Cinnamon helps with BS. I'm hypoglycemic, but after reading this, I'm not so sure it would help with that since my sugar is already oftentimes too low.

I like the idea of appetite suppression though.

Good luck with your run tonight.

Suzanne, Im not sure the cinnamon lowers the BS specifically, but "regulates" it. I kinda take that to mean that it will just keep it more level. But, I could be wrong. As for the appetite suppression...it doesnt supress my appetite in the way a medication would supress appetite. For me, it just helps to keep me from getting the intense hunger pangs where I feel like if I dont eat im gonna go nutz. lol I really do notice a difference when I dont take it though. Hope this helps.

Going for a run now! Woo hoo! Continuing W2D5. Conditioning remember.

:biggrin:

Carol

Hey guys! I had a super busy weekend....stayed gone the whole weekend. I took about a week off of running but I ran today. I think I was getting a bit burned out, so the break was good for me. I haven't caught up on all the threads yet.

Congrats Whosya!!! 200 lbs is AWESOME!!!!!

I have a HUGE NSV to share. I went shopping all day Saturday with a friend of mine and for once in my life....I enjoyed trying on clothes! I started my journey in a size 30/32 and I bought a dress that was a size 14!!! I mostly wear 16/18, but I am sooooo stoked that I fit into a 14! It's been soooo long since I have seen that size!