Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

I had a conference with my students this past week. My good intentions were only that! We left on Saturday and got back on Wednesday. I did wake up on Sunday morning and use the treadmill at the hotel, did 40 minutes before all the kids got up. That was the last of it.

I woke up Monday morning and could hardly swallow my throat was so sore and swollen. Even had ear pain. Came home on Wed, exhausted and now I have laryngitis. I want to try to run tomorrow, but still feeling a bit run down, sore throat, stuffy nose. I have my next 5K scheduled on March 14, feeling the pressure to be ready!

Advice?

Kristen... REST!!! When you are really sick, you won't be doing your body any favours by taxing it with too much exercise. If you are only a little under the weather, then a bit of exercise can be good... but listen to your body, and if it says "NO WAY", then don't. Also, don't beat yourself up for not running while away. Even if you weren't sick, its hard to keep motivated and on track when everything else is out of routine. Give yourself a few days to heal up before pushing yourself. As for your run... you still have 2 weeks to prepare, so don't worry. If worse comes to worse, walk some of the race.

I ran last night for 30 min at a fairly good pace for me. I've been pushing myself to get to 5mph, but I can't sustain that for more than a few minutes, so I've been doing intervals with that speed and then putting it down to 4.5 or less if need be. Last night I did 5 min at 5.0 and the rest at 4.8, which is much faster than usual. At one point I had to slow it down to 4.5 for about 1min, and it felt so SLOW!!! LOL. I ran a total of 4.2 km and made my Feb goal of 50km. Today I plan to run outside. Its very cold, but not windy and beautifully sunny, and no ice or snow on the ground!!! Listen to me... I'm actually excited!

I agree Kristen.....rest up! Feel better soon!

Kathy, you are doing soooo great!

I am taking the weekend off. I had another stomach virus yesterday (I think). My stomach has been bothering me a lot lately. I started taking Metformin again and I'm wondering if that is why. I'm not gonna take it for a few days and see if that helps.

Whosya.....WE WON!!! YAAYYY! My first Nike+ victory....couldn't have done it without ya Whosya!

Renewed....hope the moving is still going well. How is your tummy since the revision??

We did some interesting running drills today. Running up and down hills trying to practice a certain form that is good for triathlons.

I just finished my run. I did 4m outside in the beautiful sunshine! I followed a new route that took me on some main roads outside the neighbourhood. I've shyed away for the main roads - self consious - but wanted to push myself. It was fine! There were also a lot of hills, which I did ok. By the time I was finished I felt spent but in a good way.

We took the kids and dog to the park and this time my DH did the long run as I walked the kids & dog. It was fun. I can feel spring is coming, even though its still very cold, I can see the buds on the trees... oh I love spring!

Now its off to bake a cake... promised the kids I'd make one for DH & my anniversary!

Georgia & Whosya... congrats on the win!!! That was a good one.

Georgia... I've noticed your ticker runner is moving! Congrats!

Georgia & Whosya... congrats on the win!!! That was a good one.

Georgia... I've noticed your ticker runner is moving! Congrats!

Thanks Kathy! Low carb is really helping with the scales. My energy is not where I want it but I'm hoping that will change. Congrats on your run! I'm taking the weekend off and will hit it hard Monday. Have a great weekend!

Kathy & Georgia~ Thanks! I took today off, I might try a short run tomorrow if my cough lets up. I just know that this time of year has always been a time when I get off track. I don't want to lose what I have gained, that is why I purposely planned the 5K in March - good motivator!

Kathy~good job on increasing the speed. I have been trying to do the same thing with work on the treadmill, that way I know it is consistent. I have also been working on speeding up for short distances on my outside runs. I did a 4mile on the Friday before I took my students to their conference - it felt really good to go that far!

I had my 5K yesterday, the first one that I have officially RAN the whole way. I came in at 36:01. I really wanted a sub 35 number (which I know I can do) but the 96% humidity and 22mph wind gusts were working against me. I'd like to do another in April, but we shall see. I have my gallbladder out March 9th and I am not sure how long they'll want me to stop running...if not, next one is a 4.4 mile in May.

I haven't ran since Tuesday and am trying to talk myself out of it this morning, I'll go today though. Little Leuage and T-Ball started last week do I can kiss the next 7 weeks goodby. This year the kids are on two seperate teams so every night Monday thru Thursday is tied up. I guess this is my schedule for the forseeable future. We will see if I lose or gain weight on this schedule.

Wake, Workout, Work, Little Leauge, Homework and sleep. followed by Wake, Workout, Work, Little Leauge, Homework and sleep. followed by Wake, Workout, Work, Little Leauge, Homework and sleep. followed by Wake, Workout, Work, Little Leauge, Homework and sleep. Weekend. Wake, Workout, Work, Little Leauge, Homework and sleep. followed by Wake, Workout, Work, Little Leauge, Homework and sleep. followed by Wake, Workout, Work, Little Leauge, Homework and sleep. followed by Wake, Workout, Work, Little Leauge, Homework and sleep. Weekend. Wake, Workout, Work, Little Leauge, Homework and sleep. followed by Wake, Workout, Work, Little Leauge, Homework and sleep. followed by Wake, Workout, Work, Little Leauge, Homework and sleep. followed by Wake, Workout, Work, Little Leauge, Homework and sleep. Weekend. Wake, Workout, Work, Little Leauge, Homework and sleep. followed by Wake, Workout, Work, Little Leauge, Homework and sleep. followed by Wake, Workout, Work, Little Leauge, Homework and sleep. followed by Wake, Workout, Work, Little Leauge, Homework and sleep. Weekend. Wake, Workout, Work, Little Leauge, Homework and sleep. followed by Wake, Workout, Work, Little Leauge, Homework and sleep. followed by Wake, Workout, Work, Little Leauge, Homework and sleep. followed by Wake, Workout, Work, Little Leauge, Homework and sleep. Weekend. Wake, Workout, Work, Little Leauge, Homework and sleep. followed by Wake, Workout, Work, Little Leauge, Homework and sleep. followed by Wake, Workout, Work, Little Leauge, Homework and sleep. followed by Wake, Workout, Work, Little Leauge, Homework and sleep. Weekend. You get the point.

I am doing my first 5K in two weeks. I will be SHOCKED if I can do it in under 36 min. I am thinking it will be more like 40 minutes. So I'm very impressed.

I made the 28 minutes. It was rough though. Ran less than 2 miles today.

DE... Congrats on the 5k! That's a great time! I know its not what you were hoping for, but given the weather, its great!

Ninner... Yeah!!! 28min is amazing. You have done so well on this program. Don't worry about the distance or speed yet. You're just building endourance now!

Mac... good luck on the 5k!

Kristen... glad you rested. Don't worry about keeping your motivation, well all keep you in line! LOL.

No running for me today... DH is really sick so I'm playing nurse and mom to the kids. He did get me a great anniversary present... a really pretty Nike running shirt, plus a gift certificate for a pedicure!!!

DE~ WTG! Don't be disappointed, I am very impressed!

Ninner~ I hear you on the kids sports! It only gets worse as they get older! Try to find some time for yourself, you will be glad you did.

Mac~ Good luck with the 5K, you will do great!

Kathy~ Great presents, a pedicure, how awesome is that! Sounds so good.

I took today off, cold is moving down into my chest. Dang! I will see how I feel after school tomorrow, maybe I can squeeze in an easy mile and see how I am feeling!

Hope you all had a great weekend and have a great week! Keep adding up the miles!!!!

DE- Congrats! That is a good time! WTG!

Mac- Good luck with your 5k!

Kathy- Hope hubby feels better soon.

Ninner- Congrats on the 28 minute run!!

Kristen- Hope you feel better soon.

I didn't run all weekend, but that was my plan. I'm hitting it hard tomorrow!