Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Ok, just a bit of a pity party! How long do I have to sit at the 99.5 lbs lost mark before the scale tips a measly 0.5 lbs! Its been weeks and it still hasn't moved. I just want that measly 1/2 lb to make the official 100 lb club!

Ok... venting gone!

It doesn't take long, but its important to get the basic body conditioning first. I can't tell you how much that has helped me. I hated running, but for some reason by following the C25k program, I built up my bone/muscle structure enough and my heart health so that I could do it, and better yet... I wanted to do it!

Thanks Again Kathy! without meaning to you answered my question for me. I was wondering about whether or not to move on to week 2 or build up my muscle conditioning by staying with week 1. i did week 1 again yesterday, and still plan to for the rest of this week. i want to be consistant and more comfortable with the condition of my legs b4 moving on i think. i realize this is a systematic program and dont want to get too comfortable with week 1 and while my breathing seems to be doing better, my legs and especially my left foot need the work b4 moving on. but if i keep on with week 1 after this weekend i may need some serious butt kicking to move to week 2.

Hear that c25k veterans??? Whosya, Kathy, Renewed, GA, Beanie, Suz and anyone else has permission to kick Carol's butt to week 2 by Saturday the 28th if i havent done it on my own!

tomorrow, i run again.

Carol!

I still don't have a Nike+ and I'm bummed. I haven't looked at how I'm doing in the challenges because it's too depressing to know that I've run but I'm not getting credit for it.

I keep expecting my missing receiver to show up one day (like all my single earrings that show up the day after I throw out the matching one).

MacMadame...if it makes you feel better, I didn't get credit for my run tonight. UGGHHH! Sooooo frustrating!! I went to the gym and my ipod was frozen. It wouldn't do anything! It wouldn't move, turn off....nothin'. So, I didn't get credit for my 5 miles tonight. When I got home, DH figured out how to reset it.

The worst part was having to run with no music! It was soooo boring! I plugged my headphones into the TV thingy and watched "Chuck", but it was hard to keep going without the music.

I DID IT! I ran Week4 Day1 last night and I felt AMAZING afterward. I felt like Rocky, like I could run again. I skipped all over the house while making dinner. Dare I ask? Is this a runner's high? Or shall I say, fledgling runner's high?

Kathy - Thanks for the encouragement, you guys really inspire me! Good luck with your .5 pound. I've had the same problem dipping below 150. I was 149 over the weekend and it bounced right back up. Dang it that 150 is like a brick wall!

Slinky - Don't wait, GO FOR IT. Try week two on your next run. Each week I feel like I can't do the next one, but then I surprise myself and do it. Give it a try and let me know how it feels.

Mac - Too funny about the earring. I can't count how many times I've done that. Now you guys are making me want to check into this Nike+ thing. Can someone give me a quick synopsis of what it does?

GA - Do you have music specific for running or do you just listen to whatever music you have on your iPod? I'm using the podcast for now, but will be switching to regular music in a few weeks. I just got my first iPod, so I am starting from scratch on music. Any suggestions?

What kind of music do you guys like for running? I'm trying to compile a playlist.

Renewed - I'm fairly new to the thread. I've picked up on a bit of your story. Glad to hear you are settling in.

Whosya - Were you a swimmer and biker before or did you start those after becoming enthused about running? I love the idea of a tri, but can't imagine ever doing one.

Ninner - I have the exact same issue if I wear the same shoes every day. I haven't noticed it with workout shoes yet, but even my every day shoes, I have to switch it up and I buy really comfortable shoes (Birkenstock and Easy Spirit Mostly). I hate not wearing cute shoes, but my feet just won't allow it.

Edited by SuzanneG

MacMadem

I coulden't bare the thought of running without my nike plus so when my reciever stoped working I bought another kit. I still need to send the broken one in for replacement.

GA - Do you have music specific for running or do you just listen to whatever music you have on your iPod? I'm using the podcast for now, but will be switching to regular music in a few weeks. I just got my first iPod, so I am starting from scratch on music. Any suggestions?

I have a running playlist I use. It's a lot of my favorite fast songs and I also bought a workout album on itunes. The workout album is popular songs, not all are orginally fast, but they are remixed to be fast with a good beat. My music style is eclectic. I have everything from Miley Cyrus to Kid Rock to Hinder to Flo Rida....everything under the sun, lol. I like a good, fast beat.

Congrats on week 4!!!! You definitely experienced a runners high! Congrats!!

Kathy....you will get there. I've been in the "100 lbs club" several times, lol. My biggest goal right now is to get to Onederland....seems like it's never going to happen!

I'm even debating on going low carb again. Ughhh! I really don't like low carb, but it's the only way I lose. I can maintain with calorie counting, but I don't lose much. I think the PCOS has a lot to do with it. If I decide to low carb it, I probably won't be able to keep running 5 miles a day :smile:

Try week two on your next run. Each week I feel like I can't do the next one, but then I surprise myself and do it.

That was my experience too.

Ughhh! I really don't like low carb, but it's the only way I lose.

That's what insulin resistance does to you.

This is one reason why, even though I have tons of PCOS symptoms, I don't think I actually have it as I don't seem to be insulin resistant. But I do feel like I'm losing slower this time than my last big diet. Maybe due to my age.

I also prefer eating low carb. I just feel better overall.

Edited by MacMadame

Yeah, the insulin resistance sucks. The problem I get into with ANY amount of sugar, is I constantly crave it....even if it's just a little. When I do low carb, the first couple of days are rough. But after the sugar is out of my system, I'm fine. I think I'm just gonna do it and hope I can sustain my fitness level without the carbs.

Whosya - Were you a swimmer and biker before or did you start those after becoming enthused about running? I love the idea of a tri, but can't imagine ever doing one.

Awwwww thanks. They just posted my results. 11th out of 29 total. Now in an outdoor tri you would be looking at 300- 700 ppl.

Yes i was a swimmer and biker before becoming a runner. Not good at them but i could do it.

this might be a basic bandster/runner question but not sure where to find the info except to ask y'all... i had a stuck episode today. (got stuck on scrambled eggs around noon and it finally cleared in the last hour.) even though the eggs went through the band i still feel a bit sore and inflamed. Plus the weather is changing and i have a fairly bad sinus headache. i'm supposed to run today-well tonite anyway-im super stressed so i really want to run (omg did i really say that? lol) but not sure if i should. anyone know if it'll aggravate the irritation or if i should take it easy tonite. tonite will be better schedule wise too.

let me know,

Carol

Carol....I'm not the best person to give advice on being stuck or pb'ing. I've only pb'ed twice in the 1.5 years I've been banded. I don't think I've ever really been stuck either. You know your body better than anyone though. If you are feeling better, I say go for it. If not, wait until tomorrow. Feel better.

Uggghhh, my week has started off bad! As you know, yesterday my ipod wasn't working and I had a crappy workout. Well, tonight I went to the YMCA to run. I was getting into my groove on the treadmill and I was asked to get off because people were waiting!!!!! I was soooo mad. They have a rule that if people are waiting, you can only do 20 minutes of cardio. While I understand that people don't like to wait, I was not ready to get off! I only ran 2.83 miles. Going without carbs already had me in a pissy mood and that just made it worse.

Usually the gym has dwindled down by now. Darn all those New Years resolutions!! Okay....rant over.

I had my track workout today. Ran 1600 m at T pace (i.e., really slow) and then 400 m at R or I pace (not quite as slow). Then rest for 90 seconds and do it again.

I can't believe I was actually able to run FASTER after running a mile, but I did.

Oh and my R/I pace is slower than some people's T pace. :)