Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Carol... I used the "Podrunner" series. Here's the link to it:

Podrunner: Intervals - Free Workout Music for 5K Training

You can download the podcast on iTunes or directly from here. The outline is also helpful, as it gives you what each week's plan is. Here's a link to that...

First Day 2 5K - Printable Outline

The music isn't the greatest... but it takes the guesswork out of when to run and when to walk. I used it up until week 7 when I didn't run/walk anymore. That's when I switched to my own music.

There are several out there, but not made by Nike. Do a search for c25k or couch to 5k podcast. I personally used Robert Ulrey's until about week 7 or so when I could no longer stand his music choices...LOL!

+1 on Ulreys until week seven after that it easy enough to track with a watch. Besides the Powersong option caused me to run 3.5 minutes longer than nessary. :rolleyes:

There are several out there, but not made by Nike. Do a search for c25k or couch to 5k podcast. I personally used Robert Ulrey's until about week 7 or so when I could no longer stand his music choices...LOL!

Me too.

I found this and others at:

Couch to 5k - C25K Running Program

Wow... I'm on a major runner's high!!!

I went on my longest run yet... 7.4km (4.6m?) and loved it. I went to this great park... same place as my 5k run was in the fall. DH took the kids and dog on a walk and ended at the playground, and I just ran, and ran, and ran!

I just wanted to see how far I could go, so when my legs finally started to feel like rubber I finished. I ran the whole distance, and at a decent pace. In fact, my Nike+ told me I ran 5k in 35:37 min.

I'm so psyched up I think I'm going to enter the Mother's Day 10k. That's 12 weeks away... if I can go 7.4 now, I should be able to do 10 by then!

That's great!

Me too. i had my longest run ever today.

So on Sat i ran 12 miles and normally when ive run 10 my legs ache for about 2 days after. Well so achey yesterday. But i rested anyway.

Today my legs were itching to go! so i ran 15 miles!!!

15!!!

It took about 2hr 30 mins

And i did a spin class afterwards for 55 mins.

KAthy: SUPER JOB!!!

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember when you started! and look at you now!!!

Who would of thought we could do this after we started C25k!

15! All Right, Whosya!!!. Thats more than a 1/2 mary, way more. I'm waiting to hear when u do your first official one! Very proud of u!

Im not sure if I have a runners high or if I just want to choke the music on the podrunner thingy. lol. Thanks for the links Kathy and all who sent them. I managed to figure out how to d/l them and load them on the nano. And it was sooooo nice out today I just had to. I do feel the need to rest tomorrow tho. My lungs were having a fit, not to mention my shins but I did it! Was proud of myself that I managed to do all the runs and for the whole duration each time. So, maybe a little runners buzz if not a high yet. Every time I ran I was thinking 2 distinct things tho.

(1) that I was amazed how close my "instinctual" - fly by the seat of my pants - self directed training stuff was actually sorta close to the first day on podrunner; and

(2) that I might need to do week 1 for more than 1 week. Not sure I will feel ready to move on by the end of this week... What do y'all think???

Have a great day on Tuesday, everyone!

Carol

This is a cool little thread. I actually started running 5k's pre-band in hope it'd make me thin but that didn't work out well. Now that I'm banded, I'm going to continue the 5k's and shoot for a half-marathon. Best of luck, all!

You guys are all such inspirations! Congrats to each of you!

I did Week3Day1 yesterday. I was nervous that I wouldn't be able to do it, but I did. Now I'm nervous about week4. LOL

Hey guys! Sounds like everyone is doing great!

I woke up on Valentines Day feeling sick with a cold. I feel a little better today, so I may attempt to run this afternoon. Sorry Whosya....haven't been much help lately.

Whosya... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! 15m is huge! You are such an inspiration!

Carol... congrats on Week 1 Day 1! You're officially a runner now! Yeah, I know, you walk too... but you're a runner at heart! don't worry about repeating a week. I know many of us did... Just move on when you're ready. My only advice is to push yourself a little, but don't be crazy. I moved up when I was able to complete the run requirements in at least 1 of the week's runs. If not, I stayed.

Suzanne... great work! Keep it up!

Georgia... you must be feelin better if you ran 5m. BTW, on the new team challenge, did you know you're on both the "Hotties" team and on Salsas team? Of course you're supposed to be a "Hottie", cause we need you!!!

Georgia... you must be feelin better if you ran 5m. BTW, on the new team challenge, did you know you're on both the "Hotties" team and on Salsas team? Of course you're supposed to be a "Hottie", cause we need you!!!

I didn't know it until I saw your post on the nike+ site. When I joined, I clicked on "Hotties", so I don't know how that happened or how to fix it....

I also did the 1st day of week three today. I repeated week 1. I may end up repeating week 3!! I'm trying not to get discouraged..but haven't experienced that "runner's high" yet. I'm just proud I've gotten this far and hope it gets easier. Reading this thread every day is honestly what has motivated me, and I thank you all!