Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Happy Valentines Day all you Lovers!!!!!

I am so excited about my day. It is Saturday and my husband is in a Poker Tournement (which will last all day).

I got to sleep in! When I woke up there was a note next to my bed with a large cup of Tim Horton's coffee and oatmeal awaking me; with a hand written Happy Valentines Day card. (Tim Horton's coffee is CRACK to me - I love it!) I am going to go pick up my DS and DH's birthday cake (non for me! Come home get a long run in and have the day to do whaever I want. I will have great food control, exercise, shopping, reading, napping! Oh glorious day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy, I start my new job in 2 weeks; Everyone want to take me out to Celebrate and there are going away parties and welcome aboard parties. I really do not want my new coworkers to know about my band. How did you handle all of the eating events when you started your new job.

PS I am still up 4 pounds from my vacation. I plan to kick the cardio into high gear today. It is really the only way for me to loss. I had a band adjustment and feel it is in the perfect spot for right now.

Lacey - My daughter's name is Lacey, she is 26!!! My son just turned 30! ouch! that hurt me. Anyway, I still love the name Lacey and as fate would have it; she is a children's clothing designer for Justice, just for girls. "Lacey is a perfect name for a clothing designer, don't you think?

OK off to pick up a cake I wont eat!!! I can do it!

Hi All,

Well I did it again: did my 6k race. mostly walked lost track of the sprints, and i had a minor pity party after. but DH reminded me that this is only my 3rd race ever, and that next time (yes, next time) will be better. he actually said he's proud of me and told me to write a friend who races for extra support. hope i get a reply back from the specific friend if the email gets there.

came to the conclusion that i need to actually train to feel more successful with this stuff. and in order to do that - unfortunately it means i will need to find a new podiatrist since my old one isnt on this insurance, or an ortho even. feet keep bothering me and the more i stretch the more it seems to hurt. :thumbup:

Kathy thnks for the encouragement. i tried last nite to respond but the whole site seemd to crash as i was replying. and i really like the reminder you gave lyn about whosya's idea of writing the word cancer on the bottom of the shoes.

very good imagery, whosya. very metaphysical.

I'll ttys everyone, gonna take tomorrow off except for casual walking, and look into the podcast, to start monday or tuesday at the latest on the c25k. i MIGHT sign up for another race for st. pattys day. I'll let yall know.

Carol

Good Job Slinky!!!

Today (Sat) i put in a 11 mile run in about 1hr 45min. Not too bad. I put some 10 miles in before but i need to keet it up.

I signed up for olympic distance triathlon yesterday. Only done sprints till now.

An Olly is : 800yrds swim, 29mile bike ride and 6.2mile run (10k) So i got to get some training finished.

Thanks Whosya! WOW 11 miles...getting dang close to that half Mary! Soon, Soon. Keep up the great work!

Oh what a glorious day!!! I took my DS to a birthday party today at the movies. This is the first time that I dropped him off and left. Usually I stay to keep an eye on him and help out, but the boy's mom is my friend and she just pushed me to let go and go have fun! So I went shopping and got a Nike ladies running coat. Its a really nice colour blue... kind of ocean/teal in colour. It is Nike+ compatiable and holds the ipod and threads the ear phone cord inside. It fit perfectly and looks really nice! Then I went for a nice lunch by myself and finally picked up my son before heading home.

I then took advantage of the beautiful weather (26F) and ran outside. It was perfect. I love running outside. I did just over 5k and my pace was really fast for me. I finished in 36:15!!! Just another 1:15 to hit my "under 35 min" goal. I could feel my pace was so much quicker that in the past when I ran outside. When you're on a treadmill you don't notice the pace as much. It sort of propells you along. The only problem was I wanted to check my distance so I pressed the centre button of my iPod and it ended the run, so I had to restart another run instead. So it recorded it as 2 runs instead of 1. That was unfortunate, as I think it would have been a PB record for 5k. Oh well. Maybe I do another tomorrow!

Lyn... Tim Horton's eh! You must be Canadian at heart! That is like our national treasure! We have a Tim Horton's on every major corner around here... kind of like Starbucks in Seattle. I know they have some stores in boarder cities, but didn't realize they went as far as you.

As for how I handled not telling people about my band... well I hadn't told my previouse work friends either. I just tend to talk a lot during meals and move food around. I nibble and make a good show of it. If they ask questions, I just say I'm not a big eater. Then if the worst happens, I just excuse myself and go to the washroom. I haven't had any major issues yet. They all know I diet, but that's it.

Carol... congrats on your 3rd race. Don't beat yourself up. Each race is a major accomplishement. Good luck on your C25k training!

I ran today too as part of our "brick" training. I don't know how far or how long as I still have no freaking Nike+ receiver!! I am guessing that it took me about 15-20 min which means I ran 1 mi. minimum.

Man, it is really hard to run after biking. My heart and lungs kept saying "go faster, I have more capacity" but legs kept saying "No way!"

Ok, I feel quilty after reading everyone's posts! I took the day off and was rather lazy! Oh my, I will have to hit it tomorrow. I am going to try 4mi tomorrow. I hope it isn't snowing. The weather has been all over the place, warm, cold, rain, snow, wind - I wish it would make up its mind!

Well I certainly HOPE they get easier!!

Kathy - We have a Tim Horton's on every block too. Love their Oatmeal!!!

I did just two stinkin miles yesterday. I really struggle on the treadmill - boring!!! I hoped to run outside today, but it is raining cats and dogs. Back to the treadmill.

Well, I think I will work on with the Wii a little after the run. I still enjoy it too.

See evryone next week.

I had mine out in '89. Open! They do it lap these days and it's not that big a deal. Plus no more gallbladder attacks!
DeGirl... I had mine out in 1993, when laproscopic was really new. I recovered very quickly and was back to work in 3 days (had to... no sick pay then). The lapband surgery was pretty similar for me, so don't worry, its no big deal! BTW, did you read Whosya's post a long time ago about writing the word Cancer on the bottom of your running shoes? That way every time you run, you're stomping out cancer! I did it, as its such a family medical tradition!

Thanks ladies! I just wonder how long it will keep me out of running..hopefully not too long, I go nuts not running at least a few times a week now.

As for the cancer on the shoe, I have thought about it but still never done it. Most days it doesn't bother me, nor do I give it a second thought...this was just a bad week.

Lacey - My daughter's name is Lacey, she is 26!!! My son just turned 30! ouch! that hurt me. Anyway, I still love the name Lacey and as fate would have it; she is a children's clothing designer for Justice, just for girls. "Lacey is a perfect name for a clothing designer, don't you think?

Cool, I have only *met* one other person with my name. My daughter's name is Jacey, I like unique names.

So, I ran today but got to the gym without my Nike+ receiver (sorry, teammates). I was going to do my long run but didn't since I couldn't track it. Hopefully the gym won't be crowded tomorrow, so I can do my long run.

ok c25k buds...

i'm getting frustrated. I was online and tried to find what i thought was mentioned here - i thought i saw a c25k nike program as a podcast. i cant seem to find it. im not prepared to get their full sports package right now. I want to find a good one to d/l to my nano if possible. i saw so many on the internet, but would rather have some recommendations as a subsitiute in case i was delusional about a nike one. please let me know with a link if possible if theres a good one y'all recomend.

thanks,

Carol

There are several out there, but not made by Nike. Do a search for c25k or couch to 5k podcast. I personally used Robert Ulrey's until about week 7 or so when I could no longer stand his music choices...LOL!