Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

MacMadame, You are doing a great job!! I am going to have to pace myself a little better, but if I can be as consistant as you are we will do awesome in the new challenge!! :thumbup:

Guest Leslie2Lose

Hi everyone! Wanted to drop an line to let you know I'm alive. I've had a really hard time lately - struggling with just about every issue - exercising, eating right - I know I'm not tight enough. I've completely bottomed out. My fair-weather friend "food" has become my stress reliever again - and I'm so pissed off at myself for allowing it to happen. I just wanted to say hello and that I miss all of you :-)

Oh Leslie,

you've done so well since you were banded! Lighten up on yourself a bit. youve recognized and are taking responsibility in this, and you know what you need to do. None of us needs to tell any of the others what we allready know, except for showing support.

I know it's easy to get back into those old habits. I struggle with it every day. food is my favorite subsititue for boredom stress and the whole thing. I'm glad youre back. its a good first step to getting back on track.

If you can my first step would be to try for a fill based on what you said. Next slowly do the changes you need to do to CONTINUE your success, journal your food if it helps or if you never have, try it, make those good choices, and every time you do give yourself a pat on the back. (Thats the MOST important thing.) and next, exercise is what it'd do. I dont remember where you live, but I know youre a very resourseful woman and can find a way to do it for yourself. You're so far ahead of where you were this time last year, and you can only keep getting better.

I hope this helps, cuz i know how this goes and i see that this is just a blip on the radar for your overall journey. you will succeed and reach the goals you want and are meant to reach!!!

TC, sweetie,

Carol

p.s. in case you dont remember, i used to be cspring. LOL

Happy Birthday Whosya!!! Hope you have a great day!!

Leslie.....it's good to hear from you girlie! I've missed you! Carol gave you some great advice. You have done a wonderful job girl, don't give up now! You can do it! If you don't have a fill appt scheduled, I'm thinking of giving mine up on Feb. 3rd if you want it. Just let me know. ttyl

Hey Leslie!! Good to hear from you. I put off getting a fill for several months because I felt like I just needed more willpower. Well, I got a fill last week and I remember now what restriction feels like. Go get a fill!! Good restriction makes the biggest difference.

Georgia, I just noticed that your weigh in put you back at 100 pounds lost!!! Congrats!!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

I got my fill today! I am going to do the pouch test again...I've been eating horribly too. I just posted to the April Avengers (April 2008 Bandsters) link a bunch of stuff I've been going through...I guess I needed to vent....so if ya'll want to check in with me - there's everything in a nutshell.

Oh and to add to that - when I ran my first 5K back in November I asked for him to take off and be there with me and the kids. He "forgot" to ask off and the morning of the race I didn't even get a good luck. I almost had to cancel because he once again "forgot" to ask his mom to keep the kids so I could do the race. He knew how important it was to me but he didn't care. Sorry for carrying on...I guess today is my day for venting.

Georgia... congrats on racking up the miles... OMG you shot like a bullet to the head of the group (except for Whosya).

Renewed... congrats on the lbs lost! On the running, maybe keep your treadmill runs really long and then do a few shorter runs on occasion with the boys outside. That could break up the monotony of the treadmill. I hope you know I'm only joking when I tease about the "heat" of Texas. Given my freezing climate, anything above freezing is downright warm! So its just my jealousy speaking!

Carol... "doc in a box", LOL. I just love using the "I'm a runner" line. I don't know if it will ever come out of my mouth where I don't stop and giggle internally. Feels good, enjoy it!!

Leslie... so good to hear from you! I've missed you. I'll read your Avengers post, but can guess at a bit. Hugs to you. One step at a time, and be selfish for yourself.

MacMadam... great run! Congrats on adding even more time. I think your endourance is great!

Whosya... Happy Birthday!!!

Alrighty. For the team challenge i sent the invites.

Looks like this:

Georgia & Whosya

MacMadame & Renewed

ThatDEGirl, Kathy Bad and Salsa

I sent them out today. It was kinda weird how they went out so if you dont get an invite let me know asap. I did wwith your user names (except Georgia) and if it doesnt work i am going to have to send the invite with your email.

I noticed some of you didnt join LBT Frost feeling so i sent then one out again too.

Contact me asap if you didnt get you invite.

I set up an extra team too if anyone else wants to join.

I didn't get the new one...

Kathy, I wasn't offended in the least. I know it is REALLY cold up there. Actually, I have no concept of how cold it really is. It is supposed to be 21 here in the morning and I am planning on staying home all day because that is just TOO cold for me. I would never survive in Canada would I?? LOL

I am planning to run in the morning. Here is my new plan. You guys hold me accountable, not just for when I do nothing, but also when I do so much that it is obvious that I won't sustain it. Here goes...

Sunday - rest

Monday - run

Tuesday - Jillian video

Wednesday - run

Thursday - Jililan Video

Friday - Run

Saturday - Jillian Video

I may increase it with time, but I want to do this consistantly and then we will go from there. DH and I are thinking of getting the PX90 videos once we get moved and settled, but this is my plan for now!

Ugh... I knew I wasn't really up to running tonight, but went ahead. As soon as I started walking, I could feel the muscle strain in my hamstring?? (back of thigh). It's not damaged, just not stretched enough. But I really couldn't run. So I fast walked a mile, and ran maybe 3 min. Disappointing, especially with the challenge(s) on!

Renewed... No you wouldn't survive here in the cold... but then again, I don't want to be here either! I hate winter, and this year it's going to be 6.5 months long! Yuck!

Your plan looks good, and I promise to remind you to lay off when you get too manic! :(

Renewed...your new plan sounds great! How is Dylan's foot...still healing well I hope?

Which Jillian video do you have? I've been thinking of getting Jillian's Wii Fit game, but I dunno.

Ugh... I knew I wasn't really up to running tonight, but went ahead. As soon as I started walking, I could feel the muscle strain in my hamstring?? (back of thigh). It's not damaged, just not stretched enough. But I really couldn't run. So I fast walked a mile, and ran maybe 3 min. Disappointing, especially with the challenge(s) on!

I get this too when ive been over running. Just taking a day or two off, cures it!

Its VERY important to rest. When your hurting like this you tend to change your stride or the way you stand without even noticing you are, and it can lead to INJURY because your not in good form!!! So rest is a MUST.