Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

No way, this is SUPER FAR!!! Thats a huge acomplishment!!!! Way to go!!! FANTASTIC!!!!! I mean it!!! That really ROCKS!!!

I think its fantastic!

Thanks Whosya... you just made my night!

...If you take blow bubbles outside they freeze before they hit the ground!!

Ohhh I'm going to try this... kids will love it, and I need to do something in this weather! It's -8F here but with the windchill its -26!!

Minxz... Welcome! You'll love this program. I got a good sports bra, one that was for "Active" sports. I think it was Wonderbra, but not sure. You want one thats going to hold the girls good and tight with no movement!

I think the cold weather is affecting me. I feel drained. A few people mentioned that I looked down or sad today, and my DH is convinced there's something wrong. I know its what I'm projecting, but I'm not sad, I'm just kind of tired and without the typical boundless energy and joyful spark. I don't know why, so I'll blame the weather. It's the Canadian thing to do! LOL.

I don't think I could live where it's THAT cold, lol. It's supposed to get to down to 19 degrees here tonight and that is MAJOR cold here, lol. Heck, the 30's are major cold here! I sure can't imagine running in it! Kudos to ya'll...

I have been eying this program for awhile. I really want to try it. In preparation I need to get some good gear. First and foremost I need a really good exercising bra? What do you ladies recommend

I have Champion sports bras. They come in different support levels and I went for MAXIMUM! :(

This is my last day of week 6 of Couch-to-5K. From this point on, it's just straight running. 25 min. each day next week and then add on about 10% each week. So I'm going to ditch the tapes with their horrible music and just use the Nike+ training instead.

MacMadam... what - you don't like that beep-bob-whowho music! Congrats on your success!!! I ditched the program at the end of week 6 too! I much prefer running to my own music! I thought I might listen to week 9 or 10 to say I actually graduated, but in the end, chose not too!

Took the family and dog out for a walk today. We all bundled up and my DD kept saying she was a snow man! While walking against the wind it was horrific. The kids didn't complain, but OMG it was so cold. Then when we turned the corner away from the wind we were fine. It was refreshing.

I saw lots of families out walking and biking today on the "recreation trail". I guess that's what thin families do. Maybe my family should try it. :)

We've always gotten out for walks, even when I was at my highest. It was just harder for me then. But very important for my kids to get exercise. Now I look forward to going for walks.

Yesterday we took the dog for 2 walks, both about a mile each. I should have worn my Nike+ sensor to rack up the distance... LOL, but that's not running! Oh it was cold, but it helped the dog and the kids sleep better!

I didn't feel like running last night, but I did. Once I got started it was much better.

Renewed... you haven't been around much? How are you?

Georgia... how's your ankle? I hope its healing up.

Georgia... how's your ankle? I hope its healing up.

I'm kinda regretting not having an x-ray done. It's even more bruised now than it was a few days ago. The swelling is continuing to go down, but I still have to be very careful when I'm walking. I'm debating on whether or not to go on to the doctor tomorrow...

Sorry I have ben MIA. Suddenly life has become crazy busy. It's funny how that always happens and sends me into nothing mode. Well, my run/walk this morning was my decision not to go back to nothing mode. What have I been up to??? Well, I have a sick 2 year old. Dylan is snotty, running fever, and wheezing. His chest is REALLY congested. Not sleeping much and wearing this mommy out. Poor little guy. I am pretty sure he has RSV (we've done this before). We went to the doctor on Friday, but our doc was out. The DR we saw said it looked like a cold. Well, he is much sicker now, so I imagine we will go back tomorrow.

On the homefront, Kathy you crack me up!!! Actually, there is not public Water to our little home in the woods, but after $11,400 we will have a 500ft well and all of the pure, clean water we can stand. I LOVE WELL WATER!! We will have internet. We are going to go through our cell phone provider and our signal is good out there, so I think we will be fine. We close at the bank on Wednesday. Then the work can begin. We are going from 3000ft living area to 1180 ft, so I have got to start packing and downsizing. I am really excited to thin out the junk here. Not just physically, but we are choosing a much more quiet, simple lifestyle. It is going to be so good for our son who thrives in this gimme society. He and I have been watching a lot of Little House on the Prairie. We won't have a prairie, but you get the picture. I can't wait.

I am going to the doctor on Tuesday for a fill. I have pretty much no restriction and am eating way too much. I am looking forward to sinching my band up and getting this thing done!!

I hope to run again today(at least a long walk with Dalton). We'll see. "Aunt Flo" came to visit today so I am kinda in a mood, however, we only have one week left of the challenge and I have got to get off my butt and kick some Whosya butt. :)

BTW, thanks for the invite to the new challenge Whosya. These challenges are such great motivation.

You guys are the best!!

Georgia... If I can give you some advice given to me a long time ago... "if you think there's a problem, there is!" It was given to me at work in reference to a problem employee, but I've applied it to many areas of life, so that I listen to my sixth sense. If you think there might be a problem with your ankle, then GO GET AN X-RAY!!!! It sounds like there might be some damage.

Renewed... Thanks for the update! What a great adventour your family is starting! Congrats on moving back to the front of the challenge!!!

I did 10 miles today. I walked a lot of it because DS was with me the 2nd half. I checked tonight and Whosya did another 6 mile run, so I am far behind again. My left knee is hurting tonight. I SOOOO hope it is ok. I have never had knee pain before.. Yuck!! We'll see how it feels in the morning.

Georgia, I would definately get your ankle checked on. It should be feeling much better by now. Even if the treatment doesn't change, you will feel better knowing what is going on.

Hey guys! The doctor's office is closed today, so I didn't go. My ankle feels A LOT better today though. I even went to the gym and walked on the treadmill this morning. I'm still wearing my ankle wrap and it seems to be giving me a lot of support.

I'm sooooo excited it is feeling better. My mom suggested that I soak it in hot Water with epsom salt, so I did that last night. I'm not sure if that's why it's better today or not, but I'm gonna keep doing it.

I can't run yet, but I'm gonna log my walk in the nike+ challenge. Hope everyone is having a great day!

Question...I have stated and stopped this program a couple of times...So far I am happy to say that I am walking/running every other day.....

My first question: Do you really have to do the intervals as stated on the program. When I just jog as long as I can and then do a walk, it seems I go a longer distance and burn more calories....Do you all follow the program to a "tee"?

My second question: I really don't get winded, but my legs tire out so easily which causes me not to go as far as I can...Is that normal? I have not introduced weight lifting in my program yet....Will this help?

Any advice is welcome...

Birdee

I think it depends on your goals. My goal is to be able to run a 5k so I wanted to get to the point where I was running 25 min. straight and then adding on every week by 10% until I was doing the whole 3.1 k at a run. I got to this point last week.

I found if I followed the program intervals, I progressed all the way through the program. Sometimes, if I felt I had more to give, I'd do an extra interval on the end, but I alway run the amount they say and walk the amount they say. If I don't do this, then I get stuck on a particular week and can't get off. I also had to do 3x a week minimum and couldn't do 2x a week like I tried in the beginning.

I did 10 miles today. I walked a lot of it because DS was with me the 2nd half. I checked tonight and Whosya did another 6 mile run, so I am far behind again. My left knee is hurting tonight. I SOOOO hope it is ok. I have never had knee pain before.. Yuck!! We'll see how it feels in the morning.

Georgia, I would definately get your ankle checked on. It should be feeling much better by now. Even if the treatment doesn't change, you will feel better knowing what is going on.

You need to rest!!! i got up to 10 miles run training for the half marathon and it takes its toll. .....rest....

Im not saying that to beat you...