Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Haha.

I love it Renewed! I glad your all after me!! I dont think i could be everyone here though!

I was late getting to the Y this morning, i had a 5:45am spin class so i could only run from 5:20-5:45 so i made it count and ran as fast as i could because i knew you would be after me.

Okay Renewed....I'll do it too. I really don't want to change my ticker, but like you said, maybe that will just motivate me more. I haven't weighed since a couple of days after Christmas. I had gained about 8 lbs between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I hope I have lost some of that since...we'll see. I will weigh in the morning and adjust my ticker.

It was hard to change mine too, but I need to be realistic about where I am and I am heavier than my ticker. I needed a kick in the butt and I think having to change it might have just done it! I have always said that my ticker is one directional, but now I don't have to lose 9 pounds before any of it counts. I will have to work hard for each pound and they ALL count.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Diddo on the ticker...heck I deleted mine! Once I get back to where my lowest weight was (ah hem - October) I'll put it back up :-)...it's coming off though...TG!

The challenge we are doing is with the nike plus system. You can go to www.nikeplus.com to learn more about the equipment. It is very inexpensive and is used with your ipod. I would love to add you to the challenge. If you get the software just pm me your email address and your nikeplus userid and I will get you going. 3.2 miles 5 to 6 days a week is awesome. I am not doing that right now, but all of you have motivated me to get going again!!

Wow... I sense a renewed motivation level!!!! This is great... I love reading all of the posts.

I ran 5k on Sat and again on Sun, so now I'm feeling stiff in my thighs. I plan on run/walking later just to losen up a bit, but don't want to overdo it.

This should be lots of fun! BTW which one of us is Eclipse???

Whosya... how do you copy the image from Nike+ and paste it here? You know, the one you posted yesterday of you kicking Renewed's butt... LOL!

This Nike+ thing is too cool! I just logged my first run for the challenge. I think this is really gonna help me stay motivated for a while. As soon as this one is over, we need to plan on setting another one up so we don't have any down time.

My trainer buddy from the Y wants me to sign up for a 10k in March! He's gonna do the half-marathon and says I should do the 10k. I really don't think I can be ready for a 10k by March. I told him I would think about it though.

Let's make this a great week guys!

Renewed... I'm in on the ticker update and Monday weigh in. I've been at 196 for a few weeks now, and its just not moving. Frustrating!!! It hasn't gone up, but its not going down either, and I've been running a lot. So I'm in on keeping myself honest, and only weighing 1x per week.

On a good note, I have a body comp scale which helps me keep track of my body fat. Just after I started running, my body fat was 47.4% in Aug. On Jan 1 my body fat was 37.5%. That's a 10% loss!!!! I lost a total of 26.5 lbs during that time, but lost 32.0 lbs of fat and gained 5.5 lbs in muscle mass (my Water weight stayed the same). So proof positive that running is helping me, and the weight on the scale doesn't tell the whole story!

All of you Nike+ people, I am going to set up a challenge to begin on the first and end on the 21st. Since it takes 21 days to form a habit, I figure that is a good place to start. So...send me you email address and userid for Nike+ and I would love to add you to our challenge. Whosya and Kathy I have yalls.

Is it too late for me to join in?? lacey@digital-drama.com or thatdegirl , whatever it needs...

Georgia... great run! 6.6 km is amazing. Must feel good to be the first on the board! :tongue2:

BTW, as I'm in Canada, all the details show up on my site in km not miles. Nike+ just translates it. I have my sensor set to miles, but can't change the site.

Thatdegirl, I added you. You should have an invite.

This is sooo cool. I do see increased motivation on our fun little thread!!

Georgia, great run. I have done 2 miles and wanted to quit, but now I guess I am going to have to go get back on the stinkin treadmill. It is pouring down rain outside so that kinda messed up my runnin for today!