Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

All of you Nike+ people, I am going to set up a challenge to begin on the first and end on the 21st. Since it takes 21 days to form a habit, I figure that is a good place to start. So...send me you email address and userid for Nike+ and I would love to add you to our challenge. Whosya and Kathy I have yalls.

Amazon says mine won't come until 1/5 at the earliest. :party:

Hi Everyone,

I have not written in a while, but have been running like crazy! I am up to running 15 minutes, walk 2, run 15 minutes, walk 2 and run 10 minutes! Some days are harder than others, but I am sticking with this for a while. I owe it all to you guys for challenging me! Ok,

what is Nike +?

MominFL... glad to hear from you... your running is great! A Nike+ is short for "Nike+ iPod". Its a sensor and connector piece that is designed to work with the Nano to collect stats about your run. It is supposed to be worn inside the Nike+ running shoe, but for those of us who use other shoes, there is a holder that attaches to your shoelaces so it can work with any shoe. But you still need a Nano for

it to work.

It provides distance, pace, time, calories of your run, can provide feedback during your run, and also gives you your "powersong" when you want it. Then it sends all of your data to an online website where you can track your results, join a community, create and join challenges, set goals... etc.

The best part is its very inexpensive!:party:

Yipee Skippy - Thanks Kathy and Georgia for the advice. I was able to run 10 minutes straight on my first interval then only 3 minutes on the second. I am stoked about 10 minutes straight!!!! The most I have ever done before is 5. I think luluc suggested along time ago to count 1-2, 1-2. I worked really hard to concentrate on my breathing.

Okay advice time: Should I be concentrating on the first inverval and worry later about the second? Or should I have a different strategy?

Guest Leslie2Lose

Hi Sugar! Good for you girl! I'm getting my butt on the threadmill in the morning and running too...you've inspired me!

How's everyone today?

Hello to all my C25K buddies! I'm back!!!! I am soooo glad to be home. We had a good time, but I am ready to see my boys.

Welcome back Leslie...I've missed you! I'm glad you are posting again.

Renewed....I'm going to get my nike+ up and going tonight and figure out how to work it, lol. I'll PM you my email address.

Well, I'm gonna go pick up my son in just a few minutes....I'm soooooo ready to see him! I'm going to do something tonight...not sure what yet, but something. I may get the Wii Fit out and do it. I feel like I've gained at least 5 pounds since I've been gone. Gosh, I hope not, lol.

Anyway, I'm glad to be home and ready to start running again!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Thanks everybody! I missed all of you! My kids just left - gone to my parents for a few days while they are out of school. OMG I just went to Johnny Carino's...as soon as my stomach stops saying, "What the hell did you just do?" I'm going to dust of my pilates DVD and get my lazy rump moving. I have a 5:45 appointment at the Y with my workout buddy...yippie...C25K - yeppers!

Got up early this morning to run (6:00am) and while I headed out the door I realized my ipod was not synced! No music at all. Went back inside to try to figure out what was wrong (can't run without tunes) and took me 20 minutes before I fixed the problem. Only ran 30 minutes, but did this without stopping! This is the longest I have run without a 2 minute break. I think I will keep this up.

Sugar... WTG!!! 10 min is such a huge leap forward! My advice would be to push yourself on the first interval, so keep increasing the time there, then when you just can't run any longer, finish with whatever you can on the intervals, but concentrate on the first interval.

MominFL... funny how getting sidetracked probably pushed you to reach a new level. WTG!

Leslie... glad you're back on track. Good luck on your run!

Georgia... hope your trip was good. Looking forward to your Nike+ runs.

Whosya... On Nike+ how do you copy the run analysis and paste it here? I've seen you do this in past posts, but can't figure it out.

Ok... I had a GREAT RUN!!! I ran 5k in 37:01 min. That is 7 min faster than the race I ran in Sept!!!!! This was the first time I ran the full 5k on a treadmill. I usually give up around 3.5k or so... but really wanted to do this! I can't believe I did it in 37 min.

OMG I love my Nike+. I joined a "Beginners" challenge to run 33 k between Dec 26-Jan 31 and so far I've done 12k and I'm in 12th place out of 27 people! Imagine that!

I am going shopping to get the Nike+. It sounds like fun. I could use all the motivation I could get.

Kathy-great job! My goal is to run my next 5K at 35min. I have until March to get there. Any suggestions on upping the speed?

krtork... I've been working on the treadmill to increase my speed. Similar to the C25k program, I've been running at a faster pace for a period of time then slowing it down to a lighter jog to recover and then increasing the speed a bit. I concentrate on the first interval and increasing the time I can run at the faster speed.

For example, today I ran the first 2 miles at my fast pace, then had to slow it down for .75 miles and then finished the run at my top speed. My goal is to keep shrinking that slow pace time.

Kathy~ Thanks for the tip. I started doing that same thing yesterday. I went out at a faster paced, slowed for the middle of the run and picked it up at the end.

Thanks for the tip.

Wishing you all a Happy, Healthy New Year!!!!

I am at home with my DH and 12 year old DS. We have been eating Snacks (I can't believe how much I have eaten) and playing games. We just took a break to watch "America Funniest Home Videos" I love to hear my DS laugh. I still have buffalo wings and mozzerella cheese sticks to bake. Ughh...

Tomorrow is a new day - a new year.