Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Well, I only got half way through the second 3 minute run and sputtered out. ughh!!! I ended up doing an hour of Wii fit after the treadmill. So I did burn a few more calories. There is a big jump between week 3 and week 4. I'll get it eventually.

Sugar... can I suggest something? Next time, just try running until you can't run anymore, rather than intervals. It may not work, but it worked for me. I find once I start running I get in a groove. The first 5 min is the hardest and if I can get past that, I'm good until I slow down. When I slow down to a walk, I have a really really hard time with the next run.

If you run until you have to stop, and you like that time, then just keep adding a minute or two each week until you're at the 5k level.

I did 2 miles today, at a slightly faster pace than I've done before. I was really struggling at the end, but did it and felt great! This Nike+ is a real motivator!

Today I finished my 2nd session of week 1. It was hard. But about 10 minutes after I finished I felt great.

I was sorta bummed when I found out the Nike + doesn't work with my 30 gig classic ipod. I just can't justify springing for a nano when I already have what I have. So I'm just gonna have to kick it old school and stick with what I have.

My friend asked me why the hell I even wanted to do this. I told her I used to run a 1.5 mile thing through this park near my home years ago (my early 20's when I was 145 and I wore all these athletic clothes and felt great about myself.) Just something for myself back when I liked how I felt and looked. I want that back. I don't need to run a marathon, or beat peoples times. I highly commend people that are motivated enough to do that. I just want that peace and health feeling about myself back. And to know I can run 3 miles at a whack 3 times a week.

Sugar...I agree with Kathy, try doing one interval and just go until you HAVE to stop. I think Kathy was the one that suggested that to me when I was stuck and it worked wonders. Like she said, just add a minute or two each week until you work up to the 5K. It worked for me.

Melody...good for you! You are doing great!

Well, I'm leaving in the morning and will be gone until Tuesday. When I get back, I'm gonna set up my nike+ system and get busy! I hope taking a month off hasn't brought me down too far....oh well, if it has, I'll just start over again. I'm so ready to get going again!!

Talk to ya'll on Tuesday!!

Ooh, I want a Nike+!

Melody.... Congrats on your 2nd run! Your reason for doing this is perfect, and I hope your friend understands and supports your efforts!

MacMadam... I have to admit... it's pretty cool.

Georgia... have fun on your trip.

Ok, my plan today is to run outside! Its so windy out, but the warm weather has melted most of the snow and ice. I'm just going to go and give it a try. If the roads are too icky (LOL), then I'll just walk, but think I'll give it a try.

Oh what a rush! I ran outside for the first time since October (I think). I missed it so much! It was really windy, but so refreshing. I really noticed my pace is so much faster than it was before and my stride is longer. I didn't run very long, as the wind was so intense, but went 2 km.

Yeah Outside running!! I ran outside Saturday - it was soooo great. I had on shorts (white legs and all.) It was beautiful and so energizing. I end up doing a walk/run for abou 4 miles actually only ran 2 miles but I burned over 500 calories. I moved my Wii upstairs today. I think I will use it more if it is more in my face. I used my Jillian Micheal Wii and my Wii fit today. It was fun. I think i hit the treadmill for a little run this afternoon. I feel so much better now that I am back on track.. By is it had to get back in the routine.

I will check back in later.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Hello everyone!

Well I got up this morning, went to the gym and ran (well attempted)...today is a new begining.

I went through a mental breakdown a month or so back. I'm doing okay but miss all my friends and the support on here. Hope you are all doing great.

I'm back to posting and hope you are all doing wonderful. Hope you had a great Christmas (well and Thanksgiving for that matter).

Guest Leslie2Lose

Thanks Kathy! I agree - only look forward. I want the past to remain that way - no repeat offenders! At least I'm 65 pounds lighter than I've ever been! The band gave me back my life. Now it's time for me to finish the journey.

Welcome back Leslie!! We missed you!

DH and I have done a Jillean Micheal video each of the past 3 mornings. We are both so sore we can hardly move. I am goign to add running to that on the 1st.

All of you Nike+ people, I am going to set up a challenge to begin on the first and end on the 21st. Since it takes 21 days to form a habit, I figure that is a good place to start. So...send me you email address and userid for Nike+ and I would love to add you to our challenge. Whosya and Kathy I have yalls.

It does feel good to be back on track. The holidays were great, but it is very refreshing to get them behind. It is so ahrd to make good food choices during the holidays.

Everyone is doing so well. I can't wait to run outside again either.

You guys are the best!!

NSV moment... I had a massage this morning (my work benefits pay for it!!!!) and when she was massaging my calf muscles and the back of my thighs (whatever they are called), it actually was sore. That's never really happened before. She said it was due to my running, that I'm working those muscles hard right now. You'd think it would have hurt before, but I think since those are my strongest muscles (for me I'm all leg!), all I've really been working so far is my cardio, not necessarily my legs... but now I'm getting to the good stuff! I'm resting today and plan to run the rest of the week. I want this to be a 6 runs out of 7 days week!

Hi Everyone,

I have not written in a while, but have been running like crazy! I am up to running 15 minutes, walk 2, run 15 minutes, walk 2 and run 10 minutes! Some days are harder than others, but I am sticking with this for a while. I owe it all to you guys for challenging me! Ok,

what is Nike +?

Glad to see you back Leslie.

Thanks Kathy and Georgia - I was able to do 3 minutes and then the 5 minutes, but during the 2nd 3 minute I thought I would die. I will try adding a few minutes to my first interval and see how that goes. I'll try it in the morning. I just got back from shopping with my SIL, I am eating and then off to see Christmas lights at the park with my DH and DS. We haven't got there yet and it closes in a few days.

Welcome to the Newbies.

Have a great evening.