Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:lol:Banded June 23. Would love to chat about it. Having some problems but overall going very well. General Aneseth. zaps you plus lack of nutrition. Not so hungry but would love to crunch on something. Having some major gas issues that make it uncomfortable. Taking GasX but not getting much relief. Also had hiatal hernia repair with Lap Band. I don't know if that bring other recovery issues but generally all going well.:tt2:

Congrats on your new band. I've been reading that the gas pains are the worst of it, and the best way to relieve that is by walking, heating pads and staying hydrated.

Hope that every day brings an improvement! Don't try to do too much too soon.

Thank you. I am not having gas pains just gas fullness which causes the stomach to be uncomfortable. And, that shoulder pain is really intense. I'm told that there are a few nerves in the diaphram that trigger the shoulder and that is where it comes from. I feel the shoulder pain when I burp and when the gas is worst. The incisions are not that much of a problem. Good luck to you.

Your shoulder pain is from Gas which is from the anesthesia. My friends husbands shoulders hurt him for almost 2 weeks. He had a terrible time with gas only because of the anesthesia. You will pull through it as all do. Just be on the road to becoming healthy. It all pays off in the end. Trust me.

Josephine

Don't sweat the small stuff.

Good Luck

I was banded on the 23rd also, with a hernia repair. I'm like you. I don't feel that hungry, but my body seems to be getting weak from lack of food. It would really like something to eat. Soup, and Protein Drinks are not getting it. Truly the gas is the worst part. I've been walking on the treadmill (very slow 1.5 mph) for 10-15 min every afternoon, when the gas is the worst. It seems to help, and, makes me sleep better. The heating pad, and walking seem to help more than anything. However, I have found that a ride in the car seems to help. I'm like a colicy baby. I'll start burping about a mile down the road. :tt2:

CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW BAND AND THE START OF YOUR NEW LIFE!!!

I am scheduled to be banded on July 14th and I have been reading alot about gas pains. I'm curious......is it the burping kind of gas.....or is it the other end?

Thank you!

Jane

Jane, it is both... I find when I feel a need to burp, if I will help get it out (maybe 5 or so burps) it helps alleviate the shoulder pain. Then your stomach feels like you have just gorged yourself in a large meal. It didn't start for me till 3 days post op--about the time the incisions were feeling better. Now I am 5 days post op. I put on pants yesterday (loose ones) and I think that added to the gas pains. I find the gas is better if I just wear a moo moo. I have talked to others who never had a problem with the gas. Believe me, when it comes out in the other end, you are so happy and it really makes the stomach feel better. So, embrace that part of it. Good luck to you...I'm still happy I did it. I started my fast 4 days before surgery and I am 5 days out and have lost 8 lbs. Good luck.:tt2:

I was banded on the 25th and also had the hernia repair. I would think it would make recovery a little more difficult, but don't know that. I noticed no one else replied to that concern. I too have had gas pains but not intolerable. This surgery was more difficult for me than I had thought it would be, but I am older. I am no longer on pain medication and am planning to go back to work on Monday.