Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kareyquilts, Mimin, Ghost & BJean The Final Push

Thanks for all the support! When you lose enough to get out of the original pain you're in, and you're feeling amazingly better, it is too easy to go on cruise control. Especially with the band since it is not as hard to overeat as it was before the band.

I know EXACTLY how you feel! The bodybugg will help- even cutting back 100-200 calories and moving a little more will get the weight off gradually :thumbup:

Hello ladies, just dropping in to say "hello" and to wish you all the best. Karey, so are such a delight to read and I've no doubt you are going to rock this just as you have everything else! I am curious though.... do you worry that you'll gain the weight back losing it this way? I mean, once you're no longer doing the HCG shots and you resume your normal, post-band eating habits? On the one hand, EVERY SINGLE person I know and have worked with who did/do WFL has gained back the amount they lost, and most have gained more. Then again, I did the milk diet pre-op and I haven't gained that back. I was just curious if that is something that concerns you. I mean, *I* think you look amazingly wonderful now.... and ugh, just think of the new clothes you will need to shop for when you lose this last 20 (I know, I'm a freak. I HATE to shop for clothes!)

I lost another pound today (yeah!!!!) and am almost to half way. Not nearly as exciting as being near goal, but heck, I'll take half-way over all-the-way to go any day! My Protein intake was too low and I know that slowed my weight loss. I just need to remind myself constantly to watch that intake level. I'm also going to different shift soon (no more 12 hr shifts.... which make a 14 hour day. I RARELY exercise on my long days at work) and I'm hoping that will help me boost up my exercise level. It's a tough mental balance. I want to lose the weight slowly so I've a better chance of keeping it off and to allow my poor old saggy skin time to tighten up, yet the immediate results of a quicker loss are so mentally rewarding. UGH!!!!

Anyway, best of luck to you all and here's hoping you had a great, productive day.

Go girls go!

Let me tempt you by saying that the last 20 were the most effective pounds in making one look fabulous! They are so worth it. I don't have any different advice than to go for the gold with exercise and eat clean.

You can do it, if I can do it anyone can do it.

hugs all around

Thanks for all the encouragement. Yes, I am worried that I could gain the weight back. I've been worried about that with the LB, as well as this diet push, but I have promised myself that more than a 3 pound gain and I will be on it like a bug on a hot rock. So far that has worked for me. I also exercise a lot which I think will help. Plus, I have learned a lot of strategies from all my time with the band. I can get a little fill if I need it. I can wear my body bugg, I can exercise more and I can eat less. The diet center that I'm going to also has a maintance program and will give me some support with keeping the weight off, too. I'm not looking at HCG as a way of life or a great way to lose the weight. I have my lap band for that and it has been my best friend. I'm just getting frustrated that the last 20 has been so hard to get off. I just felt like I needed to do something to shake my body up a little. I haven't lost any weight in 4 months, actually gained 2 after my plastic surgery. It's been very frustrating. Of course, I couldn't exercise for almost 3 months. I had my DD wedding, a vacation and my mother here cooking everyone's favorites for almost 2 months! LOL. Anyway, yesterday was the first day on the very restrictive part of the diet. I lost 3 pounds. I'm sure that won't keep up and some of it was Water weight, probably most of it. I didn't feel hungry, even with water aerobics and pilates, but around 6 pm, I got very shaky and cranky. I knew I needed to eat! After eating dinner, I felt much better. For the rest of the evening, I just drank herbal tea and lots of water. I'm just wondering if I should add some potassium supplement to my diet, what with the heat and the exercise? I know that most docs don't recommend that, but maybe that was part of the problem? Any opinions out there?

Mimin: How's the water retention? How are you feeling? Speak to me cutie!

Well i have 20lbs to go too, I had banding done sep 2007 gone from 204lb to 128lb now have 20lb left. sorry having problems my keyboard not deleting at the moment.1.sn

Hi Karey- if they let you eat raw spinach with this diet, that's full of Calcium and might meet your handful of salad requirement at lunch :thumbup:

Love how you talk about the LB helping you stay where you need to be- I think that's one of its greatest benefits, not only does us help to lose but maintain as well. My weight was stable for almost 6 months until I got the motivation to start really pushing to get it off. This last 20 will be the hardest for all of us. When we were morbidly obese, losing 10-20 lbs was only a small % of body weight. Now, its much higher and I think it will be harder. You can do it!

we all can do it!

Paulax! So happy you reached goal! And its GREAT to hear that you felt the last 20 made the biggest difference. I remember how frustrating it was at first- I'd lose freaking 30 lbs and barely drop a size but closer to goal even 5 lbs can knock you down a size

:eek:

happy 4th yall!

Slimmy: Feel free to post what you are eating and doing here.

I agree that the last weight is the hardest and makes the biggest difference in appearance. It's interesting, because I'm not telling a lot of people that I'm hitting my diet hard. Why? Because they say you like fine, you don't need to lose anymore weight, etc. However much I might want to believe them, I had my body fat analazed and it said I was 38% fat still. Can you impagine? I'm 5'6" and weight 162. They said I should weight 140 and that is what I'm aiming for. Can't imagine what percentage of fat I was before I lost almost 100 pounds! Does anyone else get comments that they shouldn't lose anymore? That they should be satisfied where they are?

Yes, spinach is one of the veggies, I can eat. Fortunately, I really like spinach! Today, I had a great weight training work out with my trainer. I added a little Protein (90 calories) and ate my chicken and fruit before the workout. I was nervous that it would be too much for me, but I actually feel good after the workout. It may have even curbed my appetite a little.

and heck- I meant spinach was full of potassium! it is full of Calcium too :thumbup:

It's hard ignoring people's comments- even when they are well intentioned. I've had people tell me to stop losing weight as well because they can see my ribs. I want to pull down my shorts and show them my fat heiny and ask if they still feel the same way!

McGreen: You're funny!

I lost another 2 pounds yesterday, but I woke up feeling very nauseated like I have morning sickness. Not sure if that is the pregnancy hormone at work or what. I could also swear that my breasts feel a little tender. HMM! Went to a big 4th of July show last night with my little girl. Miley Cyrus was performing along with the Blue Man Group. Spectacular fireworks. I really didn't enjoy it that much, though. I was so tired and I kept seeing all the goodies that everyone was eating. Ice cream, popcorn, frozen limonades, etc. Now, normally I probably wouldn't have eaten any of that anyway or maybe had a taste of a family members, but when you can't have it, there is really something psychological about that. Isn't there? Anyway for me there is. Still so many food issues! I was able to refrain from eating any of the stuff and just drank my Water, but I felt whiny about it! It reminded me of when I first got the band and my mom came to help. She helped but she also made all my family's favorite food and there I was on liquids. It was hard. The pschology of dieting is really fascinating. Maybe I should write a book about it. While, all the accolades for losing weight are nice, it's the quite battles that get us there. Have to remind myself of that, because this diet is not easy at all. I've already got bruises on my legs from the injections and I am hungry. Not starving, but hungry. Constantly having to try and figure out if it's real hunger or mind hunger. Anyway, I think I'm writing a book here, so I will stop! Have a nice weekend!

congrats on making through that day full of tempting foods! Hopefully you will adjust quickly to this new diet and it will become a habit like bandster eating

keep up the good work!

Staying on the diet, my appetite is going down. I feel a little shaky, but I think it's from all the oolong tea, they ask you to drink. I'm really not use to the caffeine. I lost another 2 pounds over the weekend, for a total of 6! YEAH! Had a very hard workout with my trainer today. Which is good, I think!

Ghost, Mimin, BJean, Slimy: How are you doing?

Karey, It sounds like the diet is working. Six pounds already! The first few days of any diet are always the hardest. I bet you will start feeling better any day now. How is the energy level?

Hang in there. You'll have that 20 pounds off in no time. Becky

Hi ladies and happy post 4th :)

Karey, potassium is a funny one. It is just as dangerous to be hyperkalemic as it is to be hypokalemic. So, be VERY, VERY careful with potassium suppliments. I'd definitely defer to a doc or a nutritionist on that one.

Your weight loss is fantastic!!! Congrats to you!!! It does make me worry that you are dizzy.... that can be a sign of many things and you need to be extra careful. No matter what anyone says ("you've lost too much" or "you need to lose more") I FIRMLY believe you have to follow your gut (literally!) on that one. If you feel good where you are then that is clearly where you need to be. If you feel like you should lose more, then that's what you need to do.

One of the things I love most about this is being able to eat a bit of whatever looks tempting. I get full so quickly that I don't worry about eating too much and many times, after a bite or two I realize I didn't really want whatever it was that was tempting me anyway. Except for kettle korn. I sooooo love kettle korn and I am thrilled that I can eat it!

Then again, I have about 30-40 more to lose (I figure I'll know when I get there... hopefully) so I'm not at that final 20 that is so challenging.

Be well and take care of yourselves ladies!