Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are the Lap-band support Groups in NC areas?

Hi,

I'm new at this, and love love to hook up with ya'll!

I live in the south Charlotte area, not far from Stonecrest.

I had my first visit with Dr.V yesterday. So I'm in the early stage of things.

Tomorrow I go for my endoscopy!

I would love to meet up with you all if thats ok.

That would be awesome Dianne! We are getting a group, we are getting a group!! Yee Haw! :) I am silly, sorry!

Angie

The 8th will be fine for me. There is Jeepers there,but there is also the go cart place that has a play area in it in the top. I don't think there is a fee for it, but not sure, I haven't been since it first opened. Also across from the mall area is a chucky cheeses with the play equipment. There is also a McDonalds, but I can't remember if there is a play area there. If we can get out without the kids that would be great too.

My endoscopy is scheduled for next week (the 7th). Thats the last of the tests I think before my visit to Dr. V. I stopped by there today, because I lost my sheet of things to do, and spoke with Erin. But on the new sheet some of the things I have already schedule are marked as (wait till surgeon requests) things. Hmmm, They must be requiring less testing? I will be out of town from the evening of the 14th until the 17th (girl scout trip) But can pretty much meet any other time.

Hey Angie, Just wanted to wish you luck tomorrow. I live in concord and my sister actually works @ Northeast. It's a good hospital from what she tells me. Does Dr. Bauman keep you overnight or do you go home? Dr. V requires a 1 - 2 night stay. (I made mine 1 night)

Good Luck Tomorrow and can't wait to hear how you are doing!!!!

It all depends on how I am doing. He said that I can stay if I wanted too. Because I have three little rats at home I may just do that to have one night to recooperate. We shall see.

I have heard it is a good hospital too. It says its one of the 100 best hospital's in the Nation. Dr. Bauman hasnt lost a patient yet and he has been doing weight loss surgery for 5 years now. So I think that is a great track record.

Thanks for the good wishes, I appreciate them. I will keep you all posted on how I am doing and when I get home.

Here's to a quick recovery for all of us!

Angie

Good luck Angie! I will be thinking of you tomorrow. I say stay overnight just to get the rest. With 3 little ones they are all going to want mommies attention no matter who is there to help with them. Or at least that is my experience.

Melissa

This is so exciting! I can't wait to meet you all!

So are we meeting at night or durning the day? I'm not exactly sure where were meeting on the 8th, but I'm game! Later in the afternoon would be good for me, but what ever works for all of you is ok with my.

I had my endoscopy yesterday for Dr.V Dr. Werth did it. He's a real nice guy. They said I tried to talk through the whole thing..lol..For people who know me they are not suprised!

I thought the stay in the hospital was only 1 night. I really would rather have 2 nights!

I live near Providence Rd and 485, anyone near me?

Bye for now,

Dianne, I replied on your Introduction thread...so pencil in the 8th. We don't have times set yet, but it looks like this gathering is with kids around lunchtime. 11:30ish until whenever? At Concord Mills, not sure exactly where yet. Maybe we'll start in the food Court and travel from there to wherever looks good for kiddos.

So ladies, I have 2 little ones and Angie has 3, anyone else bringing kids?

Also, if Angie is having a more difficult recovery than she wants, we will postpone for a few weeks until she's better. You just never know how you will feel a week out...so wer'e waiting on you, bondgirl!

We have a group! We have a group!!!

Well, I think what we were thinking when we came up with Concord Mills is 1) it's out of Charlotte traffic, 2) it has places for kiddos 3) we can walk the laps if we want to 4) it's off 85 and 485 and easily accessed by everyone 5) Anige drives the farthest but she said it was fine, she sees Bauman in Concord anyway so she's used to the drive. I guess it's just easy for everyone for our first get-together. Besides, the next time we meet can be no kids, in the evening, girls night out in South Charlotte or something? We'll see.

Angie should be banded about now...thining of you!!!!

OK, do we have a time set yet? And are we meetng in Concord Mills?

I hope she's doing well! I'm excited for her.

She should be back in her room sucking on ice chips by now. :D I bought protien powders and stuff to try for the pre op diet today. Man that stuff is expensive...and somehow ended up with a GNC customer club card. :D And the CIB isn't that much cheaper!

I have a 13 yo girl and a 5 yo girl. The 13 yo will probally drop us as fast as she can, especially if she can get a friend to go with her. There is a merry go round in the food court just so all the moms are prepared (kiddies always beg to ride that) Think I might pull the old stroller out of storage to go, especially if we might be up to walking some laps.

Melissa

Hey Ladies...I will probably have my 2 year old little boy...and he is all boy and in the terrible twos. :-)

Hope Angie is doing well...lets hope she stayed overnight to get some rest. It's rough right afterwards.

Dianne Dr. Werth did mine also. He is very nice. It's short and sweet, I remember laying there telling them my name was spelled wrong and the next thing I know if my husband was standing there by my side. I think that was the easiest of all to do.

Can't wait to meet everyone...

Melissa, The worst part of it was waiting! I wanted something to relax with but they didn't give me anything until I was in the room. I was real nervous. I've had the other end done before, but I was more nervous this time.

Within 5 minutes after I went int he treatment room they gave me the good stuff. It is amazing how fast that stuff works. The last thing I remember is they said they were going to spray a bad tasting medicine to numb things. The next thing I remember my husband was there.

When I was leaving they said I was trying to talk alot!!

I slept pretty much all day yesterday. My throat feels odd today not really sore though. I'm still sleepy but that could just be me.

It really wasn't bad at all.

The realization of actually doing this surgery hit me alittle more while I was waiting. I had to hold back the tears for a second.

Kim, after you had all your info into Dr.V's how long did it take to get your date?

I'm excited, scared, sad and happy!