Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are the Lap-band support Groups in NC areas?

Not sure I can have a smootie? We shall see. I am on the boost shakes and all. I am scared to try anything different. Afraid I will mess something up! lol I will be ok. I will bring my boost with me! :(

Angie

I know Cammie will not be able to make it. She said next month if we do it one night or on the weekend. Below is what they have listed for food...maybe we should get something in the food court before heading to jeepers. I know once I get Curtis in there he isn't going to want to leave.

While the menu will vary slightly from one location to another, the quality and value of our food remains consistently high.

Fresh, baked-to-order pizza

Hotdogs and French Fries

Nachos and other yummy appetizers

Snacks such as popcorn, Cotton candy and pretzels

Soft drinks, Juices, Milk…and coffee
(for the Grown Ups)

Angie...look at you bringing your boost. That is great. I too am still afaird of trying things that I haven't had at home. How did you Dr's appt go today?

I'm thinking eating in the food Court first is a good idea...don't they have a Chick-Fil-A there? That's usually a hit with the kiddos.

So, I had my first fill yesterday and was doing fine until...

I started out this morning with a little coffee, got hungry and made a vanilla Boost with frozen blueberries and 1/2 a banana. Got stuck. Switched to a creamy Yoplait yogurt and PB'd it. AUGHHH!! So I'm off all coffee and back to week 2 post-op with you guys. Full liquids, smooth, and NO Coffee!! When I did this post-surgery (it was much worse then since now I know what's going on!) I blamed it on the V-8, which I'm sure had a hand in it but now it's confirmed, the coffee is too acidic when I'm this tight.

I have to back up and punt, and do my best to get the swelling down and then see what my restriction looks like. It's frustrating because if you don't try it, you don't know! By then, it may be too late to stop the swelling spiral. Back to basics for me. I'll be Boosting it, I guess.

I can't stand the coffee headache though! I need some caffiene!! Maybe I'll try some chocolate and melt it in my mouth a bit...wonder if I have any around here? He!

See you all tomorrow!

There is a chick fila outside the mall....but sorry not one in.

Good Luck Kathy...I will probably just hitting that stage the next time we meet. I will be 4 weeks post op on Monday 7/11 and Dr V says the first fill will be 6 - 8 weeks. I am still loosing but I noticed that the small amounts don't fill me up much. I am just trying to stay focused on loosing some weight.

I am very excited about tomorrow...here is a link of the food places in the mall.

http://www.concordmills.com/static/node380.jsp

Everything went great at the Doctors. I have lost 13.8 pounds and I am feeling great. My back has been giving me a fit but other than that I am fine.

Sorry to hear Kathy. Well at least I will have someone with me drinking boost! lol That will be fun. I can't wait until I can have some Soups. I love my Soups. Potato and split pea are my fav's! :( Ok, enough talk about food! lol I will chat with you girls later. Gotta get to the store.

See you tomorrow.

Angie

Eating in the food court will be perfect for me since my 5 year can get her rice fix. There is a burger king too, usually pretty popular with the kids.

Melissa

I hope you guys have a great time!! I'll miss you all. I'm out of town all of next week, thats why it's hard forme to get out.

Oh I have my exercise thingy tomorrow at 2:30. That should be interesting. I've been in traction for months now. This is the last pre=op thing.

hey do you like this weather!!!

Take pictures of your first meeting! It will be good to look back in a year! Or sooner!

Dianne great idea on the picture....we are going to miss you but we will have to make this monthly and hopefully you will be able to join us next month....We will have to take a picture of all of us together and it will be good to see the group grow....We will have to use Melissa's daughter to take the picture, my 2 yr old would probably get our feet. haha.

Hey Gang! I had a great time with all of you on Friday. I think the kids had a great time too. Hey Kathy, Lets see that picture! :) I weighed myself yesterday and I have now lost 17 pounds! I am so happy with this so far. I go to the Nutritionist on Thursday at 4pm. I will get to go to mushies then! :D I am counting the days.

Thanks for a good time and can't wait to see you all next time.

Angie

Sorry it's taken me so long, ladies...I have been pitiful with my fill, look for a new thread for the update, sigh.

So, heres our pic!! L to R is Kathy (Best Me), Kim (gordanfamily3), Melissa (dragonwilo), and Angie (bondgirl). We had fun!

Just so everyone knows, we had 8 kids there and my 2yo son was the bad boy...fussy, temper tantrum, not listening, too big for his britches, wore me slap out. I can't wait to get together "sans kids" next month! Well, ya'll can bring your kids, mine are staying home!!! LOL We had fun, though. It was so nice to meet you all in person and get to know you better!

post-204312-13813131945656_thumb.jpg

Hey Ladies...it was alot of fun...I can't wait to meet up again. I will let everyone know what Dr. V says about the monthly meetings at his office or even if we could meet there every other month.

Angie that is great on your weight loss...I can tell it's time for a fill for me. (Hopefully in a about 2 more weeks and hopefully it will not be as full as Kathy's.)

Kathy good luck on that fill...I know to make sure not to go with 2cc for the first fill...See I am learning. Where do you get your fills at? Here in Charlotte? Your son wasn't bad...just 2!! That wasn't my normal child with me friday..he was taken over by someone nice and sweet. haha

Melissa...keep up posted on your test and where you stand. I know you go to see Dr. V this week...I want to hear how it goes.

We should start a new thread for our next meeting....in case others want to join and they might not read all the way through this one. Thoughts?

It was a blast...can't wait til the next one. :-)

Thanks Kathy! I love it! I hate the shirt I am wearing though! blah! Oh well I will know next time.

I hope you are doing ok with the fill. I am sure it isnt pleasant to have to drink liquids again. Get well soon!!!

Angie

I too had a great time, and I think all the kids were great! Your son just wanted to play the video games, not some lame slide thats all. At least he wasn't escaping to the picture booth the whole time while eating or bumming others foods like MY little one! LOL I too want to meet without my kids in tow.....simply because I never escape them!

Remember me saying my friend was sending chocolates? Well they arrived today, and sat on my front porch for hours in the heat....so the good news, the chocolate is ruined and won't be as tempting! LOL But the coconut things are good. Raffaellos? ....don't need them either. I've made her promise not to send anymore food items. Now she wants to make me a hostpital gown for the hostpital stay. Do I even need this? I mean I'm not planning on staying there long, just seems like a waste of fabric. I don't want her to go to all that trouble either.

Melissa

You all sound like you had fun! I look forward to making the next meeting.

I'm out of town this week heading to WVA for a mission trip. Lots of stair climbing!!! and walking!

Do you all remember me telling you about Debbie, my theripist? She had her stomach stapled a while back. She chose that route for her because it was less intrusive that the RYN. So she lost very slowly..She is willing to lead a group for us, if you guys are interested. I love her and think she's the best! Let me know what you think.

I hope your feeling better Kathy. I love the picture of all of you. I'm a picture nut!

Talk to you all next weekend when I get back! AHHH I'm nervous and excited!