Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are the Lap-band support Groups in NC areas?

It took Dr. V about a week or so to have his report written. My insurance approved it with in 3 days of getting the paperwork. When Bobbi called to make my appt she had something two weeks from when she called. My boss made me wait until June for it. Hey at least I have it now. So once you get the approval things move pretty quick. She called the first couple of days in May and I was banded June 13th. I had all my test done before my first meeting...I was so ready to get this done I couldn't wait. :-)

I remember having those same feelings....scared, exciting, nervous, happy all at one time.

We are leaving for the beach tomorrow so everyone have a great 4Th, if I don't talk to you all again.....

Oh have fun at the beach...don't forget to wear your sunblock. I just watched this plastic surgery on a man recently that had terrible skin damage. I wish pale would come back into fashion...lol...cause thats me. I have two looks, pale or lobster red. I prefer the pale...will have to tell you of the time I thought it was a grand idea to sunbathe nude (couldn't sit for a week).

Melissa

We just got back from Litchfield beach Saturday it was wonderful!!! Have a great time.

Ok, Charlotte Girls! I did it! I am banded and I am feeling pretty good. I was having some gas pain in the beginning but other than that I feel great. A bit sore too but I am sure that will go away in time.

Not sure if I will feel up to the 8th or not but we shall see. I go and see my Doctor on the 6th for my follow up. I will let you know then what he has to say. I did weigh myself, just curious, to see if I had lost any. I have lost 5 pounds so far. I can feel it in my shirt I wore to the hospital. It was a bit snug around my tummy but not it isnt. It is so awesome! :D

OK, I am off to watch a movie and then go to bed. Talk to you all later.

Angie

Glad to hear your doing so well! Congrats on the loss already!!!

I would do better meeting in the evening, than the day time. But I'm new here so you guys decide and I'll do my best to come whenever.

I would think, you'd need to take it easy for a little while Angie.

Have a good weekend guys.

I wish pale would come back into fashion...Melissa

Oh no! Pale's not in fashion?! Darnit, I am NEVER up to date! hehe Wait till ya'll see me in person, I'm NO fashion Diva, that's for sure!

Okay Angie, we are waiting on you! Post on the 6th and let us know if you are up for the 8th or not. We have 8 kiddos between us!! Right? 2 for me, 3 for Angie, 2 for Melissa, and 1 for Kim? Wowza! And two of those are 2yo boys! I think we will want to duck into a kids' place pretty quick! I'm not sure about Cammie, she hasn't checked in for a while. And Dianne, you said evenings are better for you, what's your kid status? If you can come during the day, will you have any kids? I promise, I promise we will do our next get-together in the evening...we'll discuss it when we meet next. I hope you can come during the day this time, even if for a quick visit during your lunch break? Concord Mills is a pretty quick trip up 485 from Waxhaw, but maybe you work in Charlotte? Anyhow, we will do an evening next go-round. Everyone bring your calendars!

So, Friday the 8th, 11:30 food Court Concord Mills, then somewhere from there with our entourage! And don't worry Angie, if you just get you and your kids there, I'll help you chase after them if needed. :D

Any questions? Everyone good to go? Happy 4th of July everyone!!

We can all help chase them, don't worry about that. Jeepers is there...and on their website they have coupons for wristbands.

The go cart place also has the climbing play area too, dont' know if there is an admission for there or not. If we end up at the mall after church today I'll check it out.

Melissa

Hey Ladies...Congrats Angie....we just got home from the beach it was hot and rainy/ cloudy. Not a good combo for a long weekend, but it was relaxing.

I will be getting off work Friday the 8th @ 11:00. I might be a few minutes late as I have to go and pick up Curtis. So I might be cutting it a little close, but I will be there. As for Cammie, I actually ride a van pool to uptown with her. I have told her we have planned on the 8th but it might change. I think she is going to try to come and if she can't make it this time, I am sure she will the next one. She use to go to the one @ Dr. V's office.

Hope everyone is having a great 4th...I have to go an unpack and do laundry..wash clothes...you know all the normal stuff we have to do. :-)

I am glad you had a great holiday! I did too it was hard to not be able to eat the hamburgers with the family but I survived. The smells just get to me I hope that passes! lol

Angie

Ok Everyone I should be able to make it on Friday with the three little ones. I am doing great and feel really good. What time should we meet and where should we meet? Let me know. How about a private message? I am able to drive and I have lost 13.8 pounds!!!! WOOO HOOO! I am so excited!!!!! Let me know what we are doing.

Thanks Girls!

Angie

I too need to know what time we are meeting. I will probally be out there earlier, because my oldest is making "plans" :(

I can't wait to meet everyone.

Melissa

I am excited....I can't wait to meet everyone. Way to go Angie, that is great...keep up the great work!!!! I go back to the doctor on monday and I am wanting to loose @ least 5 pounds from 2 weeks ago. I hate going in the afternoon because I weigh more :-( Oh well just all the more reason to work harder to get it off.

Let me know when and where....I will be there. :-)

Way to go Angie!!!

I'm sorry but I will not be able to make it on Friday. I was looking forward to meeting everyone, but I have to work. Next week I'm going on a mission trip so I have to work till the last minute most likely.

Aw Dianne! I'm dissappointed! I promise we will do a dinner get-together next time to make it easier for you!

Okay girls, I got filled today, all is well, I'm ready and so is Angie...we have Melissa and Kim as well...is Cammie coming?

The time is 11:30am. Let's go ahead and start at the food Court. Jeepers sounds like the best first stop. On the link I went to (thanks for that btw!) they have a free toddler play area, perfect, and we can get a bunch of tokens or wrist bands for the bigger kids and let them go to town. How's the menu there? We want Angie to be able to get a smoothie of some kind!

How's that sound? I'll be there!! wahooo!!

I'm thinking they just have snack types of food there. The only place I can think of that sells smothies in the mall is the orange julies down arcross from burlington. (I think its like pretzels, hotdogs, nachos, and pizza type of thing at the food bar inside of jeepers)

Melissa