Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can't wait to....

cross my legs correctly

wear a proper sized bra that isnt making room for side/back fat

wear a bathingsuit that doesnt have shorts sewn in

buy clothes in the regular section-not the plus size

wear a cute skirt not a boxy one trying to hide my big calves

wear a ring that used to fit but doesnt now that my fingers are pudgy

get a haircut I WANT not that frames my face properly to hide the fat face

wear something form fitting cause I will once again have a form:p

I'm with you!!

I can't wait to:

Stand in front of a mirror naked and actually look at my self and not cringe

Wear cute shoes again

Ride the amusement park rides without being in pain from the "safety bar" ( actually the "keep the fat person off my ride bar")

Ride my bicycle and my knes not hit my stomach

jump on the trampoline with my kids

alatinaOMG! you are so right, that was said so perfect. You know that skinny hand with the veins you can see, that is what I am looking forward to seeing. Crossing the legs would be great too. I am also excited to not be afraid to ride a ride at Disney land for fear it will break and I will die and take one of my kids with me!!!

Rena

omg how could I forget ride bars?I also want to be able to go scuba diving without getting the"omg is she really gonna be able to get in that wetsuit"?look also they are always worried that I have a weak heart and cant dive.

you so just cracked me up!!!! I am envisioning the scuba gear and the horrified look from onlookers. Its fantastic, like me in hawaii last june in a fricken bakini!!! Tan fat looks better than white fat, thats always been my motto!

Rena

Ride a bike and not have my butt cheeks hanging off the side of the Seat.

be able to once again fit in a booth at a resturant. and not have to ask for table only.

I can't believe I also forgot...tie my shoes properly-my friend calls em "fatty bows"-she says all big peoples tennis shoes bows are off to the side cause they cant bend down and tie correctly-and in my case she is right.oops.

I can't wait to stop pulling at the front of my shirt

I can't wait to be able to sit on a chair that's not hiding behind something like a desk

I can't wait to go swimming again

My favorite is when the neighbor kid says as I am riding a bike down the road, "Rena, it looks like the tires are going to blow!"

Restaurant tables: I thought they were making the tables bigger, I didn't realize until just know that I am fatter and that is why I have a hard time sliding into a booth. I wondered why everyone else has room between them and the table and my boobs were sitting on the table! Now I get it.

The fatty shoe laces: I go out of my way to only wear clogs!!!!

Tan fat looks better than white fat, thats always been my motto!

Rena, you are a woman after my own heart :) That has been my motto for years. I am tan all year round, I cant not remember the last time I did not have a tan, not to mention something about having a tan makes me feel healthier and better about myself.

Crossing my legs like a woman should has been a huge NSV for me, it is a great feeling!

Shopping in the regular size department is something I still am having a hard time getting used too, I always gravitate to the plus size department and realize I do not belong there any longer, it's from years and years of my brain being trained that way.

Cute haircut is a must too once you lose the weight, new look requires a new do.., I just had my hair cut short last week, I have a new do and it is so stylish, looks great with my thin face and my new body, and it is so easy to keep up.

That is so funny about tanned fat is better than white fat I have a friend and we always said that at the beach we would lie on our stomachs so the back of our legs would tan your legs actually do look better tanned though

Since Sunday was Mother’s Day, it got me thinking about good advice from mothers in general. Well, my mother taught me something very valuable. It wasn’t anything she directly said or did, but like all the good things I’ve learned from my mother, it was just the opposite of what she did or said. <o =""></o>

My mother has spent her entire life waiting. Waiting until she lost weight so she could do something. Waiting until someone else did something so she could do something else. When I was quite young I resolved I would never wait for my life, I would just live it.<o =""> </o>

Yes, I was fat, except for the times when only I thought that I was fat. Even at my heaviest I still went swimming, I still changed in the ladies’ locker room, still went on amusement park rides, even though I felt like I had to shoehorn my way into the cars. I belly danced, wore cute skirts and had my hair cut the way I wanted.<o =""></o>

Granted, there are things that I physically cannot do, such as cross my legs. But since I’ve been banded, I know that this is going to happen. <o =""></o>

So, if you want that cute hair cut, GET IT NOW. Don’t wait for some arbitrary scale number to give you permission to do something. You will feel better with the cut you want, and if you feel better, you will look better. If you want to go swimming, GO! Don’t wait, just do it! It’s great exercise and fun too.

If you are worried about what some stranger thinks, TOUGH for them. They are not the boss of you, so don’t let them act it. Only you are in control of your life, so take control. One of my favorite biblical passages is “judge not lest ye be judged.” I think this goes for not judging yourself as well. Don’t accept the judgment of strangers; don’t let it keep you from doing what you want to do either.

Say it with me "I deserve the best the Universe has to offer!"