Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tried to get a fill, but...

I was banded on March 18, 2008. I have not had my first fill yet and have only lost 28 pounds :blushing: I went two weeks ago to get my first fill, but when my doctor started poking he couldn't get the needle to hit the center of my port. I'm going tomorrow to have it done with x-ray. I'm really discouraged because he said my port may have turned side ways or upside down. I REALLY don't want to have surgery again! Anyone else have this problem?

I was banded on March 25th. I have the same problem. I just had my 3rd fill today, but the 1st time they couldn't find my port. Then I went a week later and had it done by x-ray and they still had trouble because my port is turned also. I was so discourage because everything else had gone so well with my surgery and recovery that it bummed me out that they couldn't give me a fill like everyone else. Well like I said I just had my third fill and they have all been by x-ray and they still have a problem because they say my port is floating around to much. I just don't get upset anymore, because I know they will eventually find the port and I'll get my fill. Just hang in there, hopefully it will all be OK.

When I had my first fill, it took my doc 45 mins to get the needle in - he could find the port - just not the access point. Every fill after got better, but it always took a long time and a lot of jabs - thank god for numbing agents. I had my 5th fill by fluoro and he found it easier, but still took a few minutes. He said mine didn't flip but might have moved cause it isn't where he marked it. He even marked his file exactly where it was when he filled, so it would be easier and still had trouble the next time. I guess this is common - don't worry - you'll get your fill. I think the only thing possible to have surgery on it again if it completely flipped over. Even is so - its not the same kind of surgery - I believe it can even be done in office so I have read on here. Good luck. You have done great - 28 lbs is alot in such a short amount of time. Keep up the good work

Wait a minute...you've lost 28 pounds without the lapband?

Wow!

It always amazes me how some can lose weight before the lapband system is implemented.

I didn't lose my first ounce until after adjustments to reach restriction. So you are way ahead of the game.

Congratulations!!!