Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

11 months 1 week - 100 lbs Gone

Wow - your an inspiration! Love reading others stories, makes me KNOW I am going to be there too!!!

Thanks Noela !!! Yes you can !!!

Janet--

How very encouraging! Thanks for posting!

Would you mind sharing if you had any health conditions that have improved? For instance, I am only 40 years old but have rheumatoid arthritis and am hoping to be able to exercise easier as I lose.

I have not been banded yet...waiting on insurance.

Thanks!

~~anne

Janet--

How very encouraging! Thanks for posting!

Would you mind sharing if you had any health conditions that have improved? For instance, I am only 40 years old but have rheumatoid arthritis and am hoping to be able to exercise easier as I lose.

I have not been banded yet...waiting on insurance.

Thanks!

~~anne

Anne - I was on a cpap - 2 blood pressure meds - NO MORE cpap or blood pressure meds - Losing the weight (now 105 lbs) has given me so much more engery. I don't have arthritis so I can't help with that issue - but getting the weight off has to help - I can't beleive that I use to be walking around with 10 - 10lbs bags of potatoes on my body - heck I can lift 105 lbs but to walk around 24/7 with that much weight on my body - no wonder I was exhausted all the time..

Yes exercise is 100% easier now - I could barely do 30 mins in the beginning at like 2.5 mph - I would be dripping in sweat - I now do 3 miles 2 x week in 45 to 50 minutes (I still sweat but not like I use to) and do weight training 2 x week for an hour each time..

Losing the weight will improve your life - it really really will - I feel so great.

Hugs - Janet

congrats!!! I hope to be as successful!!!

Lynnette - You can do it! - take the word hope out of your vocabulary - replace it with WILL - Think positive - Positive affirmation really do work

If you think you can't you won't - if you think you can you will..

Hugs - Janet

I will do as well as IndioGirl55!!! I will do as well as IndioGirl55!!!

You go girl :thumbup:

You got it:thumbup:

Yes you will :)

Love it !!!!:lol:

You are amazing and certainly an inspiration to me. You also look wonderful. I'm sure you feel as wonderful as you look. I'll be banded Tuesday and would appreciate any and all advice you found to help you along the way with respect to your success. Thanks and CONGRATS! :)

Just wanted to share cuz I am so JAZZED today - it's was my weigh in day and the scale said "150" - that's 100 lbs gone in less than a year...

You are amazing and certainly an inspiration to me. You also look wonderful. I'm sure you feel as wonderful as you look. I'll be banded Tuesday and would appreciate any and all advice you found to help you along the way with respect to your success. Thanks and CONGRATS! :)

Thanks Health4life.... Congrats on your being banded..

I do feel wonderful !!

Advice - the band is only a tool - the real work is up to you...

You have to look at this as a lifetime lifestyle change in your eating not as a diet... I have never looked at this as a diet - I now eat healthy. Diets don't work.. You go off them - go back to eating like you use to (which is what got us fat to begin with) and you regain your weight.

Exercise - Physical Activity - You gotta find time (it's there if you quit making excuses :rolleyes:) to walk - lift weight etc - start slow and increase your intenstiy slowly and you can once the weight comes off.

Come join my mentor thread - I'm here to help..

Again - Congrats - the band does make a hard job a little easier once you have restriction but again it's won't make your food choices or exercise for you.. That's all up to you.

Hugs,

Janet

Congratulations. I am in the process of planning for my surgery. So far I have had my medical intake which was really wonderful. Loved the doc and staff. Very comfortable with them. My behavioral intake is on the 15th and my appt w/ the nutritionist is Oct 3rd. The doc told me about six months out, so that would be February most likely. I am fine with that. I have been losing weight and exercising which I love. So, a little patience will not kill me. What kind of pre-op dieting did you do? I hear so many different things, so I am curious. Did you do liquids only? How long? Were you drinking Protein supplements during that time? Whatever you wish to share that you feel would be helpful I would appreciate. Hope to hear from you soon. Best of success in your Quest for a healthy lifestyle!

Congratulations. I am in the process of planning for my surgery. So far I have had my medical intake which was really wonderful. Loved the doc and staff. Very comfortable with them. My behavioral intake is on the 15th and my appt w/ the nutritionist is Oct 3rd. The doc told me about six months out, so that would be February most likely. I am fine with that. I have been losing weight and exercising which I love. So, a little patience will not kill me. What kind of pre-op dieting did you do? I hear so many different things, so I am curious. Did you do liquids only? How long? Were you drinking Protein supplements during that time? Whatever you wish to share that you feel would be helpful I would appreciate. Hope to hear from you soon. Best of success in your Quest for a healthy lifestyle!

Yvonne - Yep every single doc here is different :unsure: - I only had to do 1 week pre-op 7/8 to 7/17 - my doc supplied the food - oatmeal - shake - Soup - Protein Bars - the Soup was awful (they were out of a lot of stuff the day I got my food) so I called and asked if I could have a piece of fish and salad for dinner as I wasn't going to be able to hang with the awful tomatoe soup - they said ya it was ok just stay away from the carbs.. I was lucky - plus I have read that it takes more that 1 week of pre-op to shrink your liver and during that week I still had my colonoscopy to do so that was a clear liquid no food day besides the clear liquid no food before surgery..

I have a gf who has surgery on Friday - she too had to do 6 month diet and has lost 60 lbs in those 6 months and she feels that it has helped prepare her for her new lifestyle..

The only thing I can really tell you is that this is not a diet but a lifestyle change and the band is only a tool - those are the 2 most important things to realize before surgery - There are some who think that the band alone is going to do all the work - well that's a falsehood - the work is up to you the band is only a piece of plastice - it doesn't have a brain :)

Good Luck on your journey - you are learnig new habits which will help you once you are banded.

Hugs - Janet

Hello there Ladies!

Long time since coming out here. Anyway, things are going great. This week (Wed) I begin my pre-surgical skills group meetings. It will be four weeks in a row. So, the last one will be the 19th of November. After that I have another appointment (cannot remember if it is behavoiral or nutritional), and then they will schedule surgery. My last appointment on the 3rd of October, the nutritionist told me to consider the bypass as an option as well. Apparently, with the amount of exercise I do, the restricted caloric intake, etc., I may not actually see much results from the banding. She mentioned that there are some people in my circumstance of being very active, and already very healthy eaters, who only lose about 20 or so pounds after the banding and end up then having the bypass. It is after that that they lose 70-95 pounds more. She said it is not a must for me, but she definitely felt it was worth me taking into consideration. So, I am. My husband and I discuss it. It will depend upon how much I lose over the next couple of months. Either way, I am excited about everything to do with my venture. I hope you are all doing well:thumbup:

Find a new way each day to stay happy in a healthy way!

Can i just say you look amazin, my startin weight is 254 so not far off yours.

well done hun.

sweepyxx

Thanks... I feel 10 yrs younger and 100% better - I don't know why I wasted so many years being fat and telling myself I was ok with it..

You can do it - as of today (15 months out) I have lost 112 lbs...

Hi Indiogirl55,

I don't write often but always read the posts and just wanted to say that you look wonderful. You have inspired me since I was banded back in January this year. Thanks for that.

Saleel22