Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For those of you on liquids...

How much are you able to eat? I was banded June 23RD. I am soooo sick of Protein Shakes (from drinking so many during my pre-op diet). I have been eating Soups (like Tomato, cream of chicken, etc.) made with skim milk. Yesterday, I ate half a can of Soup for lunch and the other half for dinner. And I was totally full. Plus, I am trying to drink lots of fluids. How much are you guys able to "eat"?

I was just banded yesterday and I only supposed to have Clear Liquids for the aweek then move onto full liquids (i.e. milk products and creamy soups). It is a little boring and bland but it is worth it right now.

Amy ~ On my week of full liquids I was able to have approximately 6 ounces at each meal/snack. My doctor allowed me to include light-yogurt and pudding on the full liquids which was a big help. Are you allowed these? If so, try making a smoothie by mixing your Protein Shakes with yogurt. Other than that, hang in there its only for a week.

Kiki ~ One week of clear liquids, poor thing! I only had clear on day one. Again another example of the differences between doctors. You hang in there too!

I clearly recall week 2, about 1/2 a coffee mug of thickish Soup had me full to pussy's bow and staying that way for 2 or 3 hours.

DH on the other hand was completely healed and going through 2 entire BOWLS of soup by his second week.

Just dont eat till you're stretched tight kinda thing, eat till satisfied. Its up to you whether weight loss is your main focus now in which case if you heal up and can eat normally, you need to watch calories. DH lost 5kg first week and hasnt lost any more in the last 2. But its quite normal to heal fast and maintain weight during this phase, which is all about healing mainly.

I was banded 6/24. Anyone else have a problem with diarrhea? yikes

I'm living on Boost and popsicles. Can't stand the Protein whey that I bought and I'll need to find something else. Any suggestions?

I was banded on the 23rd and haven't had a BM since the 22nd!! Anyone else have this problem?

I was the 24th also! And yes, the big D has set in - OMG! I know liguids in, liguids out but jeez can't we catch a break - all I can say is be careful! I know TMI - I have been on clear liquids since the day before surgery - In regards to the Protein - I bought protein bullets at GNC - fruit punch and mixed it with pink crystal light lemonade - not bad! Tastes like fruit punch drink - I actually like it! I don't like the Protein Shakes so this may be my saving grace. Try it!

I was banded on the 23rd and haven't had a BM since the 22nd!! Anyone else have this problem?

kkarryall,

Are you having any discomfort from not having a bm? I know with all the liquids we don't have anything solid to pass. I was banded on the 30th and have not had a BM since the 28th. I suppose as long as you aren't feeling constipated and are having good urine output, then all is well. If you are feeling a bit of Constipation, perhaps you aren't taking in enough fluids? Just a thought. I wouldn't go taking any bulk forming laxatives though, maybe a stool softener, but ask your physician first.

Hope everyone is doing well. I haven't lost too much weight. I think I could have lost more taking a diuretic from my original weight in this amount of time, but I have to remember this is something good for me to get long lasting results, not temporary ones. And also, it's not about the weight I lose, so much as the fat and inches. I don't want to go losing Water weight, muscle or bone just to see the pounds drop off; I want healthy, fat loss.

Sincerely,

Stephanie

FINALLY, I am having regular BMs so all is good in that dept. As far as losing weight---I don't weight myself very regularly--in fact I don't have a scale!! Purposefully, though---bc I get way toooo obsessed with the scale. Probably next week I will weight myself.