Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

UPDATE: My foot pain

OY VIE!!! Went to see PCP for regular visit. Told him of my ongoing pain in my Left foot. He looked at the xrays from when I went to Urgent Care in Nashville, TN. GOOD NEWS: No breaks. BAD NEWS: Looks like a bone spur right in the ball of my foot. SIGH!!

MRI tomorrow on the foot. To confirm the bone spur.

Next Tuesday a Bone Density Scan to test for Osteoporosis. I had a hysterectomy at age 27. Family history of Osteo from Mom and Grandmother makes me a candidate so we wanna rule that out soon.

If I have a bone spur he said a podiatrist will most likely inject medicine into the area. He didn't say what kind of medicine but I predict cortisone. OUCH!!! Had that before when I had Water on the knee. That mother hurts.

The only other option is surgery. OUCH!!!

Oh and until I get these tests done and go see the aforementioned Podiatrist I can't do any walking. BUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!

I will keep you updated.

I did the shots in my knee and in my foot, and they hurt but not as bad as I expected. It didn't help in either place. I ended up having surgery on the bone spur in my left foot on 8-13-04 and went to Walt Disney World for 9 days in mid October and walked my butt off. I was in no pain at all. I just had to ice it at night to help with the little bit of swelling from the 90+ degree heat. In 8 weeks I was fully healed, I have the laproscopic surgery and it was like 3 hours total in a surgey center. It was a friday and I was back at work on wed, (I only work wed, thurs and sat). Either way I hope it all works out for you, I am glad I took care of my foot when I did as I am much more comfortable now~Mandy

Penni, sorry to hear of your troubles but atleast you got answers now and can get all fixed up :) I hope you start doing better real soon! Bone spurs are painful, I had one in my heel when I was younger.

Aw. So sorry to hear of this trouble. I had the beginnings of heel spurs when I was at my highest weight back in 1999. I had to see a podiatrist too, and he injected a long needle into my heels with cortisone.

I was surprised that it actually didn't hurt at all. He numbed the area up really well with a freezing spray, and then injected the cortisone into my heel.

I ended up needing 3 shots in each heel within a few months time, and I've been fine since.

Good luck to you, and hopefully it'll be the least painful route that will help you.

Hi Penni,

Sorry to hear about the bone spur. I know how much you normally walk so I know its a big bummer to you. Hope it feels better soon. I had a cortisone shot in my shoulder and it hurt terribly. It took the doc several tries so I have to assume he wasn't very good at administering them. My family practitioner told me they should never hurt if done properly. Hopefully that will heal it all up. I got one of the boxes of clothes so far and absolutely loved everything in there. Thank you so much!!! You are so sweet to have sent them. I didn't see the shirt in it for KC so hopefully it will be in the other box. He will absolutely love it I'm sure. I can't wait to come visit this coming December. Hopefully nothing comes up for you during that time but I know how things pop up too. I can't wait to be able to wear more 2X things!!! I can do some 2X shirts but still in 3X pants. Its driving me nuts... I have a whole collection of clothes from you and the Vegas get together but I'm still just a bit to big for most of them. UGH! I know I'll get there soon but waiting gets annoying. I know we all go thru such things. Anyway best wishes to you and hope your foot gets miraculously healed asap.

Penni-

Sorry to hear of your spur trouble. I hope you get it resolved soon, and with as much discomfort as possible.

Keep us posted!

Megan

Thanks guys. You are the bestests friends. Lisa/Delarla told me to stop complaining I am just suffering from OWD.

"OWD" = Old Woman's Disease. LOLOLOLOL!!!!!! Isn't that the cutest.

oh man you poor thing... I have heel spurs / bone spurs and mine hurt like hell... So i know what you are going through. Hope everything works out for you.

even with OWD heel spurs can still hurt LOL

Thanks Jack for that recital. LOL!!! I don't have a heel spur it is on the ball of my foot right at the base of my second and third toes. So every time I walk and put pressure on that area OUCHY!!! So what kind of doc are you?

I've treated many heels spurs in my practice over the years....and I've had them myself. They usually respond very well to application of ultrasound treatments....and evaluation often demonstrates altered foot, knee, leg, pelvic or spinal biomechanics....remove the cause of the abnormal traction of the plantar ligament on the (more often) calcaneus (heel bone) helps speed recovery.....

very often heel spurs can be reversed in 30-90 days treatment...

Sorry to hear about the owieee Penni. But can't your DH just carry you everywhere you want to go- thats why we have them right??? LOL LOL

Get better soon & baby yourself as much as ya can- don't try & be the"do it all lady"!