Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New and happy to be here

Hello.

My name is Heather. I was banded on 4/21/05 in Tijuana by Dr. Lopez Corvala. It was a scary experience...I felt like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz...I was acutely aware that I wasn't in the USA. Everything went well though and since I only live approx. 7 miles from the US/Mexico Border and the all inclusive price was only $8800, it was the best choice for me. My mother-in-law was banded by the same surgeon in Nov. 2004, so she went with me.

So, I am sixteen days out (as of 5/8) and have lost sixteen pounds. I worry that I am not eating enough but I also worry about eating too much. I am in the midst of week 3 post-op which is soft foods according to my surgeon, so I have been trying things like Easy Mac (takes me two meals to finish one 3/4 cup package) and scrambled eggs. Mostly I have been drinking Protein Shakes though (GlutaPro), intermixed with low fat jell-o pudding, and have been averaging 44-66 grams of protein/day. I am still working on getting my Water intake up.

I am just so happy to find this board. It looks wonderful and I know it will give me so much info. I am happy to find a place of support. Unfortunately my biggest supporter, my husband, left this am for Portland, OR. I am staying in CA until the house sells. Hopefully we will get an offer soon and I can move up to Portland. Thanks for letting me join the group.

Welcome Heather: Glad you could join us. I too live in Calif. I too was banded by Lopez as some of the others on this board as well. I see a local band surgeon now for my follow up care.

Be careful of the extra calories you are taking in like the Pasta. Good luck.

HUGS

Heather its always good to have someone new come to join us here. So glad you found us too! Sounds like you are off to a great start with your weight loss congratulations on getting your band!! There is always something new to learn here on LBTso come post and read often!!!

Hi Heather,

I emailed you too but wanted to welcome you here as well. If you ever want to get together here in Oregon let me know. There are several other Oregonians on tis site. Glad your surgery went well even if it was a little nerve wracking. I felt the same way. I was terribly nervous before surgery but afterwards I just wanted to focus on healing and getting out of the hospital. I hate hospitals no matter where they are. Their rules and security were much lighter than local ones though so I was able to wander around the hospital property, check my email on their computers, check on other patients in their rooms, etc. I really didn't sit still much. I couldn't have done that at local hospitals. Lopez doesn't do his fills at the hospital but at his office from what I understand. It might be more cost advantagous to get a fill prior to moving up here from Lopez and then trying Eubanks when you need another one later. Anyway good luck and hope you get your hubby back soon. Teresa

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome! I really appreciate it. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you. It is so strange to have the band...to know it's there but not really be aware of it except for the port. It sort of seems surreal.

Teresa...Thanks for responding to my email. I will be writing you more later.

Thanks.

Welcome to LBT Heather! Best of luck to you with everything band related, and also with getting your house sold quickly too!

Feel free to look around at the old posts, and to ask any and all questions that you might have.

So glad you're here! ~Kelly

We are both new today! How was the surgery...Were you terribly sore afterwards? I'm rather concerned about that...