Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Coughing, Reflux & Regurgitation out of the blue

I have reluxed in my sleep. I do not vomit up food for my stomach is way empty beore going to bed, but I reflux a smelly brownish liquid color that actually wakes me up once it hits my sins, my white jammie top is now all stained up from this, like baby vomit staining up everything. I also have had the caugh at night only. If I nap during the day I ahve no problem, only at night go figure. I had been filled and un filled for this on going problem. I do follow my bariatric diet as I call it. I exercise every evening around 6:30 PM for an hour or so and then I shower and go to bed around 10:00 PM. I have been doing this since May 2008 and I have maintained my weight since then. I ahve not had any other weight loss and I talked to the nurse about this and the Dr. so next month I am going to just ask him since I ahve not lost any more weight sicne then and with the reflux and all the fills coming and going and not to mention the expense for I now have to pay for my fills. I would like to see another band put in place and start all over or see if I would be a candidate for the bypass surgery. I stand 5 ft 2 and weigh 180 pounds and I am still considered obese according to the BMI index which I think is crap. I might weigh 180 pounds but I can wear a size 10 or 12 in jeans and a medium in my tops. I have lost a lot of inches but no weight and well I am getting really set back about all of this. Does anyone know about this same problem and getting a new surgery or not? I do not have a pouch, no slippage, by band is pretty normal according to the upper GI's that I have done.

I have reluxed in my sleep. I do not vomit up food for my stomach is way empty beore going to bed, but I reflux a smelly brownish liquid color that actually wakes me up once it hits my sins, my white jammie top is now all stained up from this, like baby vomit staining up everything. I also have had the caugh at night only. If I nap during the day I ahve no problem, only at night go figure. ... I do not have a pouch, no slippage, by band is pretty normal according to the upper GI's that I have done.

Sharon -

I too was vomiting up brownish liquid - that is not a good sign:eek:. Did your doc do a barium swallow? In my case brownish liquid was blood. I was suffering from worsening reflux, and coughing all the time too. I just figured I would live with it. But when I googled "brown vomit", I called the doc, and after some tests, we realized my band had slipped. I am on a mushy diet, waiting to get my revision next week.

When was the last test you've had done?

I hope that someone can help me I am facin the same problem. I eat a lot and I am gainin weight. I have reflux and I cough all night. I wake up all night with vomit in my mouth. My throat hurts. I hope someone can help

The night time reflux and cough were my sign that I'd slipped. You my just need an infill but please don't ignore this, your doc needs to evaluate it.

That'd be unfill, damn autocorrect.

What happens if its true that I slipped. Does that mean that the operation is damaged? Is eatting too much a sign that it slipped?