Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you eat at restaurants?

I am getting ready to start my 6-month diet this week and I was looking at a restaurant menu on-line trying to figure out what I would eat once I am banded. The salads mostly had a chicken breast on top which I know is good, but not sure if the chicken would go down. I saw a chicken tortilla Soup (cup size) maybe, or french onion Soup, or chili. What kinds of foods do you eat at a sit down restaurant? Thanks.

:(

It really depends on you, everyone is different as to what they can handle. I can't do bread so I never order anything with it. But usually grilled items are good, especially to get the Protein needed to fill you up. Plus meat appetizers are good too. I order calamari, chicken fingers, plain wings or shrimp cocktails. Just make sure to chew whatever you order really good then there shouldn't be a problem.

I have ordered shrimp cocktail, french onion Soup, grilled chicken, hamburger no bun and a fruit salad instead of fries. I have even had Pasta just took off half and had them pack it right up in a to-go box, sushi is a favorite and easy to go out and eat and at this stage with only 1 fill I can eat a whole roll!

The only thing I avoid now is bread. It's too difficult usually to try and eat. I've not tried shrimp as my doc said to avoid it, but everything else has been fine!

I dont go out to restaurants much, so I tend to order things that I would not make at home. I like sashimi, or maple glazed trout, or liver, or mussels.

I avoid chicken in restaurants, especially the kind on top of a salad, because if it is too dry I cannot get it down. I also avoid anything with bread or Pasta because white flour is the evil enemy ! (for me)

I didn't start going out to eat until I had a pretty good idea of what I could and couldn't tolerate. I can't tolerate breads or pastas and for some reason I can't tolerate beef at all. I love chicken nuggets and chicken tenders the most though.

I have....

Salads, minestrone (and similar) Soups (no pasta), fish (steamed, grilled, or boiled; request no fats/oils), chicken (same as fish, but not steamed, eww), sashimi, grilled veggies, the occasional wrap (or rather, the small portion I can eat) with mustard instead of dressing or mayo.< /p>

I don't eat things made with cheese, but if it's on the side I may have a taste. Nothing fried or breaded. No breads or pastas.

A great place to eat out as a bandster is a tapas restaurant. Small, small plates of food, lots of choices. :)