Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Something's wrong

Hi,

I have never posted anything before but have been having issues with my band and would like to know if anyone has any ideas. I have had my lap band for 5 weeks. The port is in the middle of my belly. Last Friday I overate. Not tons too much, but some too much. After I ate, I had a horrible pain that started in the middle of my stomach, up high. It was at least 2 inches above the port. The pain continued through the night and Saturday morning/afternoon, it was so bad I had to take my narcotics from surgery. It was really painful for all of Saturday. Wearing a bra made it worse because of where the bra band pressed on the center. Sunday was slightly better and has been a little better each day since. It still feels slightly sore.

Since this happened, I feel like I have no restriction. Since it hasn't been that long since my surgery, I have never felt restriction like I should, but I had noticed that I had to take smaller sips/bites. I don't feel like that now. It also seems like I can feel a sore, organ or mass or something in the middle of my belly, about and inch or two below my chest. I am worried that I had the slip that is really rare, and that I tore my stiches and have an anterior (I think) slip.

My doctor has been on vacation and the doctor filling in for him saw me on Monday. He seemed unconcerned and says come back next week to do a fill. He said that the kind of slip I am talking about is very rare and dismissed the idea that it happened to me. I however, feel like something is really wrong. I just don't feel the same way I did before the pain this weekend.

Has anyone had anything like this happen, or have any ideas? Thank you

you're probably just sore from the stuck food. i've been stuck so i know what it feels like (and i'm not condoning this) but i can usually make myself PB so the stuck food comes out instead of sitting there for hours and hours.

being only 5 weeks out you're not restricted yet. your stomach swelling is going down and you will feel more hungry as that happens which is why we're supposed to do liquids for the first couple of weeks after surgery.

i know it's scary... i still get scared that my band is going to slip but that keeps me on track as much as possible!

Did that back-up doctor examine you under fluoro? You know your body best, so please keep on top of asking your doctors about what is going on.

No. He did not examine me under anything. I have been hounding the office today and just got a call that they are going to schedule me for an upper GI. I'm not sure what that is, but I'm happy they are going to do something.

What a relief that they are doing an upper GI...at the very least, you need an xray if you feel that strongly about what happened. Tommaney is right, you know your body best...dont give up, til you are satisfied that all is well. Good luck.