Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

got my day of surgery

july 31 will be the first day of the rest of my life and to quote weight watchers you willl be seeing less of me lol. dr kowalski of jeanes hospital in philadelphia will be doing the honors would love to hear if anyone has had any work done with him wife had bypass in march by him and lost 58 lbs so far

Hi Mike,

Congrats on getting your surgery date.

I was banded by Dr Kowalski in March.

he is a great surgen but his bed side manner is not the best he is arrogant but when you are that good at what you do sometimes it's ok. LOL

I would not have gone anywhere else but to him.

Please let me know how you do and if you need any advise. Congrats to your wife also she is doing great.

FYI I am a smoker too. If you do smoke after sugery becareful you will be lightheaded.

Good luck keep us updated.

:eek:

Trish

hi tp thanks for replying yes he is a bit pompous but i choose to look at it as confidence im gonna try to walk home from the hospital when discharged its less than a half mile from exit to front door did you have to do the 2 week pre op liquid diet this isnt as hard as i thought but i did binge the one time good luck keep losing

hi tp thanks for replying yes he is a bit pompous but i choose to look at it as confidence im gonna try to walk home from the hospital when discharged its less than a half mile from exit to front door did you have to do the 2 week pre op liquid diet this isnt as hard as i thought but i did binge the one time good luck keep losing

Hey Mike,

Ok I do not think they will let you walk home. The Nurse wheeled me from my room out to the parking lot. Just so you know when I left I was very dizzy. Probably from the pain meds.

I only live about a mile from there and usually walk there when I have an appointment. But I would not have been able to do it right after surgery.

No I had to do the liquids for a week. so not to bad.

Honestly the pain was not to bad.

I went back to work 4 days after surgery.

Please let me know how you do. If you have any questions let me know.

make sure you get chicken broth for after surgery. let me tell you after not eating for so long it was like HEAVEN. :thumbup:

tp

tp is probably right because I have to have someone take me home also - leave the walking for the next day. You will probably want to just go home and sleep - that what my friend did after her surgery. Check the walking home from surgery out!!!!

Mike - best wishes in the 31st. My date is Aug. 15th and I'm really getting ready to moving forward with the rest of my life.... I'm from up the NJ Turnpike.... RU an Eagles Fan?

Good luck- im off for mine on the 31st and am so glad i found this forum out for real life stories f what its gonna be like! Does anyone know what its like drinking alcohol- i know its higher calorie content- but can you still have a drink or two??

I think you can still have a drink or two - but they are empty calories. My galfriend can still enjoy a glass of wine with me when we go out. If you can't have a drink or two then I am cancelling my surgery right now!!!!

exactly - i need a cheeky drink every now and again! Im glad thats the case

yes, more now than again...the day after I started my pre-op diet I rolled my landscape trailer on one of our expressways here....that was not the best time to give up drinking!!!!!!!!:)

if youre in philly you got to be really close to me.

Yep near Oakley and Martins mills.

I can walk to jeanes Hospital from my house.

:)