Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded 4-9-08 not loosing

Hello, new member here, banded at holzer on 4-9-08, only lost 13lbs so far, first fill 5-20-08, not much restriction at all, loose 3 lbs one day gain it the next and i feel bloated all the time. any one else have this going on? Cant figure out why i cant loose weight, walking 3x a week right now. getting very down about having this and nothing hapening. :sad:i feel like i am that one person in the world that its not going to work for.

BMI at surgery was 35 w/co-morbity's. getting very depressed:sad: anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

Brandy

Edited by fuzzynavel28
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVf9YoG/]

Brandy,

First off 13lbs is great but I understand your frustration especially when you see posts from people who lost twice as much as you in the same or shorter time. I am losing between 1/2-1 pound per week. Yet I see women who are down 40 lbs. UGH!!!!

I found for me I need to log everything I put in my mouth on daily plate because otherwise without restriction I was eating so much more than the 1000 calories the doctor recommends. I go for my 2nd fill next month and am hoping for some restriction to make this journey a bit easier.

Ask for fills closer together I can't believe you only had 1 so far.

Good Luck and keep up the walking!!!!!!!!

I was banded in Feb. I have lost 10lbs. I have lost it, gained it and lost it several times, but don't seem to be able to get any further. The crazy person who was doing my fills told me exerciseing to lose weight would not work - to do that you would have to be an olympic swimmer or something.

I cannot offer you much except commiseration. I have 7.5 ccs, but while I like the full feeling I get (when I can get it). I am now "sliming" and have extreme chest pain when I eat. That encourages me to not eat, but doesn't do much for nutrition and doesn't even seem to be doing much for weight loss either. I keep thinking if I only eat 900 calories a day forever, I will have to lose weight. :thumbup:

Fuzzynavel I think you should register with daily plate and begin logging every single thing that goes in your mouth. I put everything... even if I have 1 cracker I put it down.

I was doing it on and off since surgery but a couple weeks ago I started logging anything and everything (even my vitamins) and I get to see where I need to cut things, when I need more exercise, or if I need more.

Really give that a week I am sure you will be suprised.