Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

am I too tight or is this right finally?

I had a fill yesterday I found after the fill I couldnt gulp down liquids anymore.

this morning I can only sip ....if I take big drinks I feel like the liquid is getting stuck..its not coming up tho it's going down

but now i feel like I have heartburn..

do you think this means Im too full or is it just in the morning because you are stricter.

also Its that time of the month so could this be making me tighter?

should I stick it out as long as I can get things down or go in to get an unfill?

Edited by fivebyfive

I say .. STOP gulping !!

As long as you're able to "swallow" the liquids and they aren't coming back up - you're at optimal restriction.

I went thru the exact same thing after my last fill - I was used to being able to eat ALMOST the same as pre-band (just less quantity) - gulping liquids, taking "big" bites, not chewing as much as I should, etc and this last fill really shocked me into the program.

NOW if I could just find a way to stop forcing myself to eat the last couple of bites of something just to "finish" it....

You might be just fine. I would give it a week as long as liquids are going down. Once you reach good restriction you are not supposed to gulp. I know every fill for me caused me to need to revist the bandster rules. Most importantly, sip, eat slow and chew to goo.

I would always say give any fill a week for you to decide whether or not it is a good fit. Your fill sounds ok to me so far.

My doc says, Heartburn? Call him!!

I had my first fill yesterday and he had me drink Water (good sized swallows). He told me to tell him when I feel the Water "backing up." At that point, it was too tight and he took some out. It sounds like you are where I was when it was too tight.

Please call your doc and tell him/her how you are feeling. Let the doc make the decision. Don't just wait a week and suffer. Sure, it may get better, but you may hurt your band.

Just one opinion.

With Fills I feel like Goldilocks...it has to be "just right".

I was doing great with my 1.5cc, then I went to get more restriction. I got .75cc more, I gave it three days, and ended up in the hospital with dehydration. So I panicked and had it ALL taken out. I never went back....guess what, I gained the weight back again in two years.

So I am getting back on the Lap-band wagon.

Last week I went for a fill for the first time in two years. I got 2cc. And it was like starting all over again with surgery. My doc told me, it will be a shock to your stomach, so liquids for a week and a half (Vitamin Water and broth). Then again pureed food for a week, see how that goes, then you can get back to small portions and sips.

OK, it has been a week today. Yes I am on liquids, and yes it does go through SLOWLY. But that is ok, my body is getting readjusted to the pressure. I am taking it slow right now, but I am not giving up this time.

I had too tight of a fill a couple of weeks ago. I did give it a week and a half to see if things would work out, but it didn't. I could only get liquids down - anything else hurt or came back up. I had a little taken out and feel great! The good thing about being too tight is that I lost 9 pounds!

I just had a fill yesterday. First one since December. I had some taken out because I had gall bladder surgery and I was having issues with eating and drinking after. Doc said I was swollen from surgery and it was putting pressure on the band. 2 Months later I go to get 1/2 the fill put back in that was taken out. Holy Moly! I am tight! I was perfect before surgery, and now I'm so tight! Even liquids take a while to go down. I'm gonna give it some time though and hope it improves. I don't want to go back again for an unfill unless I absolutely have to.

do you think this means Im too full or is it just in the morning because you are stricter.

This is probably true and it may take a few days to adjust to your fill we all have to sip with restriction, gulping is not permitted.

also Its that time of the month so could this be making me tighter?

This happens with me when I ovulate as well as have my time of the month so yes it can make you tighter.

should I stick it out as long as I can get things down or go in to get an unfill?

As long as you can get your liquids in you are ok for now. Becareful, pressure in your chest is normal but heart burn is not if it is truly heart burn and not pressure you need to call the doc after a few days but don't get into a weekend like that call him prior!

Good luck

Does anybody know of a place/office that does fills on the weekend in the Dallas/Fort Worth, TX area.

I started a new job and it has been hard getting time off.

I would wait a week after your period to see if you are still too tight to liquids or you have heartburn. Heartburn is typically a sign of being too tight. Good luck.

I was wondering the same thing about my fill. I got a fill on Monday and I am only able to get very little soft foods down however I am not hungry either. Have I reached my soft spot? Whenever I drink something it tends to sit in my throat and gurgle for a second but each day gets better.

I also forgot to add that I tend to burp a lot and I can feel liquids and food sitting in my chest for a few minutes. I went and got some pineapple juice to keep at home and at work, but I am assuming that this will get better.

I say .. STOP gulping !!

As long as you're able to "swallow" the liquids and they aren't coming back up - you're at optimal restriction.

I went thru the exact same thing after my last fill - I was used to being able to eat ALMOST the same as pre-band (just less quantity) - gulping liquids, taking "big" bites, not chewing as much as I should, etc and this last fill really shocked me into the program.

NOW if I could just find a way to stop forcing myself to eat the last couple of bites of something just to "finish" it....

Thanks so much for this post. This is exactly where I am. I drink too fast, try to eat that "last bite" and don't chew as well as I was initially told to. This last fill "did me in"! I was doing great eating almost everything and now....I need to get used to the real world of banding. It was a shock but I am so glad it finally kicked in.

Thanks for sharing your story it's good to know I am not alone!!