Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone, I am a child care provider who is very obese and am really down about it. Have been fighting weight issues since I was very yourng. I am really thinking about getting banded.. Going to a seminar tonight. I have been talking to different people in the area that have been banded, and am really thinking about it. Shjan

I'm a child care provider too! I was banded on 30May of this year. I provide child care in my home, so I'm on my own during the day with the children. When I was banded I had a friend come over and take care of the children (bonus for me, she is a really good friend and also cleaned house and did laundry!!) She came for 2 days, I wish I'd had her come for about 4, but I did ok. I was just really tired and still quite sore. I'm finding it easier to get down with the little ones and I'm having a lot more energy as the weight comes off!! Good luck to you!:thumbup:

Nice to meet you! I am a home provider also! I have an assistant at this time, so it would be a good time for me to get the lap done, if I am going to do it. I just can't decide if i can handle it all or not. Last week I had talked to sevearl people about it and I was all gung ho on geting it done. I called the DRs here and the ins lady was supposed to check my ins co and get back with me. I think I'm about to chicken out LOL! I wish I knew someone really well and could spend time with them to just talk about it... I did talk to a lady yesterday that has had it done for three years. She has lost 140, and gained back like 40. Her band slipped and they they would have to do surgery again, but luckily they totally took the fill out and the band went back in place... She told me it is still an up hill battle everyday. This kind of made me down about the whole thing. I have lost a hundred pounds so many times. I just can't keep it off. ughh Thanks for listening. Shjan

From the time I started looking into the lap band, I knew it would be a tool for me to use. Not a magic cure. So far for me, it's been like dieting, but soooo much easier. I don't have the hunger pangs or the cravings, that in and of itself made it worth it for me! I get my first fill tomorrow, I can't wait, because I am starting to get hungry again, but as long as I do what I'm supposed to, the cravings aren't so bad. Ultimately, you have to make the decision and decide if it's right for you. Good luck, hope to see you around on the boards!:sad_smile: