Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Summertime Recipes to get in Protein

So most of my meals are heated. I am tired of them and want some fun summer recipe ideas to get me excited for the summer. Outside of cold deli meats and cheese... what is everyone else eating this summer?

In the summer we mostly BBQ!

Some other ideas:

1) hummus dip and veggies

2) tuna and chicken salad made with lowfat mayo -- don't need to use a lot of mayo.

3) BLTs -- I like mine made with Ry-Krisp crackers. We use lowfat turkey bacon.

4) salads with sliced cold grilled chicken breast. Can do different "themes" for the salads: southwestern, asian, italian -- just vary the Salad Dressing and some of the veggies in the salad.< /p>

5) cold hard-boiled eggs

fruit smoothies with Protein powder added. Summertime fruit is so good. Watermelon smoothies are great with low calories. Just wizz up a little fruit, ice and Protein Powder.

I also love grilled chicken anything. My husband grills up a bunch on the weekend and it last me all week. I love mixing it with fresh basil and cucumbers and a squeeze of lemon and having it cold. No mayo for me.

Hope that helps. I will try to think of some more.

I just tasted hummus for the first time. It was great on english cucumber slices. I also keep a supply on hand of the south beach Peanut Butter Breakfast bars, quick don't need refrigerated and have 10 grams of Protein and they taste good! I also been eating alot of cottage cheese with a fruit cup on top...very refreshing!

Tess

Pickled or deviled eggs, chicken salad, cottage or ricotta cheese with a tablespoon of sugar free peach, cherry, strawberry, or blueberry preserves/jam, cold kielbasa, steak, marinated or sugar free barbecue chicken thighs, cold roast beef, ham or lamb, prosciutto, smoked salmon, cold salmon or tuna in Dreamsfield (low carb) Pasta salad, any meat/fish in George Forman grill, Atkins or Reset low carb whey-based Protein Drink, low carb yogurt, small amount of nuts, cheese or Beans, iced-coffee with milk/cream, cream cheese.

I love, shrimp.. shrimp cocktail, crab meat salad any fish with salad. Fresh broiled tuna or salmon always taste great chilled. Today I had grilled rib eye or at least a small piece of it cut into slices on top of fresh greens and cucumber with balsamic vinaigrette (the 5 calorie one). It was yummy!!! I hate to admit but that was my Breakfast. If you enjoy seafood they're all great chilled and all full of good Protein.< /p>

Edited by elaine3758

I made chicken kabobs tonight......

Cut chicken breast in to cubes....put it on skewers alternating with veggies....green peppers, mushroom, zucchini....put the skewers in a flat cake pan and marinated with italian dressing (with some added garlic, of course) overnight.......

Popped them on the grill for dinner and they were delicious!

Yummy!!! Thanks so much for the ideas :tt1: