Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My first PB.

Just wanted to share...

Happened this morning when I ate some leftovers. Bad, bad, bad. :tongue:

I am now sipping hot tea to calm things down. Will stay on liquids for the next few days.

PB'ing sucks but it truly is a good reminder of how one has to be mindful. This is a small setback for me. I am truly proud of how much I have lost in 7 months!

The band is STILL the best thing I've done for ME!!!! :)

Wow you are one beautiful young woman. Your success is an inspiration!! Sorry you had to go through the PB stuff...that's one of my worst fears about being banded.

Just wanted to share...

Happened this morning when I ate some leftovers. Bad, bad, bad. :thumbup:

I am now sipping hot tea to calm things down. Will stay on liquids for the next few days.

PB'ing sucks but it truly is a good reminder of how one has to be mindful. This is a small setback for me. I am truly proud of how much I have lost in 7 months!

The band is STILL the best thing I've done for ME!!!! :w00t:

You really are an inspiration to all of us and I hope someone can say that about me someday. I haven't even been to my first consultation yet but I have decided to do this. My BMI is 40, I have acid reflux and severe sleep apnea and maybe high cholesterol so I think I will be approved. My insurance company will cover 100% :sad_smile: so there should be no stopping me.

One thing I have to ask you and anyone else that cares to answer...Can you describe what PB is? I read somewhere else that is stands for "productive burp" but I need to know what that is exactly. Will I be coughing up gross stuff in a restaurant or having dinner at a friends house? Is it possible to be discrete about it or will I be totally embarrassed? And do I need to carry a barf bag with me all the time? I'm terrified about this. Does it feel like you're choking? It would not stop me but I like to know everything about what I'm getting into and don't like surprises.

BTW, I think it's great how people write in about their setbacks and still say it's the best thing they've ever done for themselves. Keep up the good work:thumbup:

Edited by gottaluvme

MicheleK:

Thank you so much.

Gottaluvme:

Thank you very much for your kind words. Truly, I appreciate it.

As they say, the first step is always the hardest. I am excited for you! Even with all the crazy stuff that can/may happen, trust me - the band is worth it. Although I didnt have any co-morbidities, my fiance did. He had mild sleep apnea, which really affected both of us. He was always tired during the day and I couldn't sleep thru the night. He also suffered with heartburn and regularly popped tums at night. Only a month after surgery, he stopped waking up gasping for air and no more tums! I, on the other hand, can finally cross my legs and now wear a size 16/18 (started at 24). :unsure: Things like this and not so much the number on the scale is what really makes it an amazing experience.

About the PB: I can only relate my experience. Im sure everyone has experienced them differently. I ate leftovers which, for me, is never a good idea because I usually reheat in the microwave and that always dries food up!:( Anyway, I had about 4 bites and there it was. Getting stuck almost feels like I need to burp but can't. It was a very uncomfortable. I can't say it was painful though. I also did the worst thing you could do - I drank some Water. Thinking, "This will push it through." NO! So I paced a bit, tapped my chest and as soon as I turned to walk into the bathroom, it just came out. It caught me off guard actually. I thought it would feel like vomiting (force). It just slipped out, kinda poured out. It absolutely didn't feel like I was choking. I think you can be discrete about it. My fiance would excuse himself and just say he had to pee. :lol:

I hope this helps you. My best advice is to always be mindful. Enjoy the food you are eating; the textures, the flavors... I think I can safely say that most of us shovel food down and not really savour it. I've found the slower I eat, the more mindful I am of the flavor, etc., I am quickly satisfied. Also, I find that it really doesn't help to constantly worry about it happening. It takes away from the great stuff that you should be celebrating (wt loss, dropping sizes, etc). If it does happen, learn what you did incorrectly, forgive yourself, and move on with a better understanding of your body. That's how I look at it anyway. :)

Again, I hope this helps you and good luck!! :eek: (love these smileys! HA!)

FLALMT,

I've been sick for the last week but I wanted to thank you for your explaination. It was helpful, still makes me nervous but I like to know everything. I'm still not well so it's hard to think right now. I look forward to hearing about your progress.