Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Throwing up gross slim like stuff

I have been getting sick every now and then through out my journey but lately i have been getting sick more often and it is usually this really thick like spit that is so gross. I usually never throw up the food i have eaten just this slimmy stuff. Has anyone else had this happen to them.

Hey CJ...I've recently had the exact same thing happen. I'm a little over 4 months out and have had ZERO problems, then out of nowhere I started getting these episodes. I know I wasn't overeating but it's been weird. I have attributed it to my TOM and being exta tight. Who knows....guess it's just one of those random band things that is bound to happen. I would of been more concerned if it was happening more frequently, but it only happened a couple of times last week and now I'm fine. Keep me posted on your end...

I highly recommend that you contact your doctor. It sounds as if you might be too tight. Only the doctor can properly diagnose what is going on. It is important that you take good care of the band so that you can keep it a long time. There's nothing to be scared of -- they will be able to ascertain what is going on and help you with it.

Wishing you all the best!

Hi Starrgirl..

Thanks for your concern and good advice. I went to my doc yesterday. I told him about my episodes last week and he checked me under fluoro. No problems. He concurred that I was more than likely tighter due to my TOM. He suggested a slight unfill and I told him I felt like I was a-ok. He said if I have another episode an unfill wouldn't be an "option" it would be mandatory! I have felt fine since last week and am eating 3-5oz solid portions of food with no problems. All this being said, you bring up the all important point of "if you're throwing up slime like stuff"...GO GET CHECKED OUT!! Thanks again for your concern. :(

Fantastic news! Glad to hear that you are feeling better and were able to confirm things with your doctor. Sending you lots of light for continued grace and success on your journey!

I had the slimies. I had taken a Vitamin and it got stuck. After about 2 hours I started throwing up about every 5-10 minutes. Nothing but slime. That went on for about 2 hours and I finally went to the emergency room. On the way there I got this horrible pain in my chest and belched, I actually felt the vitamin get unstuck. I went to the ER anyway and got checked by several docs just to make sure. Make sure you chew your food really, really well and try to eat slowly. I am still having trouble with that last part. Good luck!