Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im Back and Banded!!!!!!

Hi everyone..:biggrin2: I had my op at Dolan Park, Bromsgrove on friday by Mr Richardson and now I`m back home and not feeling too bad. No Pain really in the wounds just feel a bit bruised inside and the anasthetic made me very sicky but thats always the case with me and anastetics.:ohmy:

Have been doing ok I think on the liquids so far, had a couple of shakes yesterday and some Soup (tomato) struggle with my Water tho.

So this is the beginning for me...

Hope you are all doing well.

Georgina xx

Hi Georgina!!

Woooooo, glad your back safe and well!! From the sounds of it your doing very well! I would say with the Water lil and often. Im a terrible Water drinker myself so i know how hard it can be!

xx

Hi Georgina... So glad you posted on here, been thinking how you've ben doing over the weekend. See told you Mr Richardson is very good. Howdid you find the experience of it all with the Hosptial...? Did you see what i mean by having to walk into the Theatre...? Although i think this is standard procedure now from speaking to a few others.

Well let me know how you are getting on, I'm now into week 3 so can eat mushy foods.

Take Care

Debbie

Hi Debbie

Great to hear back from you!:ohmy: Yes do know what you mean about the walk to theatre!! Bit I didn`t like was getting on the actual operating table yourself and being strapped down while fully awake, I found this made me anxious and I was glad to be put out! Dont remember being in the recovery room at all... I was sleepy for ages after. I am terrible after a GA. Dont feel at all bad now tho.

Did they tell you what to do with your dressings Debbie... they told me nothing and I forgot to ask till I was coming out the hospital door then asked a lady that I think worked in the kitchen she went and asked and they said just take them off in two days and treat as normal.. is that what you did with yours. The ones on my left side feel a bit warm but nothing from the others. Im glad thats over and am really looking forward to losing weight now. Hows your weight going now?

Oh something else... I had a lady called Karen, a nurse, she came and tool the canula out and gave me discharge papers. She told me that I will get a letter through the post for an appointment at Spire Parkway for 4 weeks time for swallow xray and 1st fill at that time then an appointment 1 week later to be signed off by Mr Richardson in London. Did they tell you this and that you will get a 1st fill? Have you had any appointments come through for you yet? Questions questions eh! Are you feeling hungry much?

looking forward to hearing from you soon and thank you for all your good wishes. Glad to be on the losing side!!! I will have to get myself a ticker xx Georgina xx

just wrote a long reply then hit to send it but who knows where its gone... that post might appear again in a bit so i wont go over it all again will just wait and see..... stupid computer of mine!!! if it has gone for good I will write again soon. Hope this makes some sence.

Georgina xxx

Hi !

Notto worry its not you, im not sure why but post dont show up after you have posted them, but they have been posted. I dont know if its a technically prob with the forum, or the admin have changed setting.

But it did post lol

just wrote a long reply then hit to send it but who knows where its gone... that post might appear again in a bit so i wont go over it all again will just wait and see..... stupid computer of mine!!! if it has gone for good I will write again soon. Hope this makes some sence.

Georgina xxx

Glad to hear everything has gone ok with the surgery....I'm wondering why they strap you down now!!! that will freak me out!!!

Why can't I get my ticker to work!!! Grrrr

Hey Georgina... Glad to hear it all went well... How come you have to go all over the place for follow up appointments?? Was there an option to have xray & be discharged at Dolan Park?

How was Dr Richardson on the day? Was he supportive and answer questions? So it sounds like you are having your first fill in 5 weeks? I thought you had to wait like 8 weeks so that is brilliant.. get it done ASAP I reckon & get that weight off! Thats my plan anyway!

I'm just about to phone the hospital today & pay my balance - scary not long to go now... I can't wait til 12th July!

Sal

x

glad evrything went well for you.

I didnt like walking into surgery either and laying on table ready. or being strapped in. never had a po before!!! so it was all new to me.

happy recovery

I got 4 more days of liquids yay then done 4 weeks.

Ann

weight.png

Edited by bellygobelly
wanted to update ticker

Hi All xx

Kerri... sorry I shouldnt have wrote that about being strapped down I didnt mean to freak you out honey. It will be fine. I asked and they said its just to keep you very still. Standars op procedure I expect but usually all done once you are away with the fairies. You will be fine.

I am just going to try and get myself a ticker so hope I can get it working.

Hi Sal,

Yes It all went really well, as for follow ups no I dont have a choice, I live in West Sussex so my nearest consultation place was London. Only option for surgery was Dolan Park and they do not have the equipment there to do the Barium Swallow Xray hence have to go to Spire Parkway which is quite near to Dolan Park I have been told and then back to my nearest place London for discharge and any further fills. Mr Richardson was absolutely fine on the day, he popped into the room in the morning befor surgery to check all was well and for me to sign the consent and the he called back late evening to check I was doing ok. I didnt see him in theater. Now only 3 days later I feel absolutely fine with regards to the op and the band but I have a back problem and it has decided now to play up big time!!! So I am really fed up and frustrated over that because I was doing so well, and you will too when its your turn. It really has been far less of an ordeal than I was expecting.

I am drinking a couple of nesquick milkshakes a day and some Soup. Not really sure about the fill, I too thought you had to wait longer but as I said this Karen nurse told me I will get a fill when I have my barium so who knows.. wait and see on that one. I do hope she is right.

WHOOO Ann you are doing fab... lost a stone now thats so great!!! enjoy your real food when you get to it.

Thank you everyone for all your good wishes and hope to hear from you all soon. Please just ask away if you have any questions at all that I can help you with.

lots of love

Georgina xx

Hi Georgina

Glad everything went ok. I know what you mean about getting on the operating table, that was the part that i didnt like at all, then i dont remember anything, theres no warning when being put out...!! Glad it is all over and done with, and i am doing very well lost nearly a stone already. The scars are healing well too, although my 8 year old son asked me the other day if i'd been stabbed...! (Charming eh..!)..

The dressing i took off after a week, i just sat in the bath and soaked them off, 3 days seems a bit short. The trouble with mine tho is the port scar falls right under my bra so i kept it covered as long as possible.

I did have a nurse called Elaine Downey, she just explained the different stages of eating and what to eat over the coming weeks. She just said that i would get an xray within 4 weeks then a appointment to see the Mr Richardson at about week 6/7 then i am free to go for my first fill. Nothing was said about where i needed to go to get any of this done, so i think you were lucky to get a nurse who explained things in so much depth with you. Although are you with WGA (the package for £4950) or THG (the package for £7450) if it is the THG package obviously the aftercare package would be completely different. I'm with WGA, although i chased THG last friday they said they would be posting the xray appointment to me over the next few days.

Also did you managed to get a room on your own as a couple of ladies who had the surgery done on the same day had to share a room, but i had a room on my own.

Anyway everything is going good my end, still got some restriction as i can not no where near eat as much as i used to do, more like a child meal now, but still cant wait for my first fill.

How are you doing....?

Debbie

Im doing ood thanks Debbie. Yes had a room on my own which was nice. I am same as you on the "BUDGET" package with WGA... never thought I would see the day I called £5000 on weight loss BUDGET!!!! lol .. but hey needs must... and if it works it will be worth every penny. You are doing fab almost a stone already. You should get you xray through soon as thats meant to be done 4 weeks post op. Wont it be fab if we were to get a fill then!!

I am just having a drink thing I bought it morrisons its a Nurshment chocolate shake with Vitamins, minerals and protein... sounds good eh..... shame it tastes absolutely foul!!!! First taste was good but after that yuk!! its sooooo sweet!!! Tastes like a ton of sugar in it.

Thats brill you got restriction still. I am ok on liquids thought I would be going mad by now but really not finding it a prob. Felt the occasional bit dizzy and lightheaded but hardly at all and its just gone off.. prior to banding that feeling would have been my green light to go pig out!! So thats a result already.

Look forward to speaking again soon and let me know when your appt comes through. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!

LOTS LOVE GEORGINA x

cant get my ticker on.... as you can probably see from my post above this one I have tried twice. Please HELP I must be thick!!!! did the copy and paste to signature bit!!

i've been trying to get that ticker workin for weeks now! i just give up-- EVEN went on 3 different sites thinking maybe the original one wasnt right for my system... must be computer illiterate