Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, Ive started to eat, I was banded 2 weeks ago. When I eat its small amounts, I get full a lot faster than I did before. But, Its not long after that Im hungry again. Ugggh. I also feel bloated, and that I have gained weight. this morning I weighed at 311 and now I weighed again it said 315!!! HOW!!!! Water? Im exercising, walking everyday. OK, so last night, I had chinese food. It was chicken, and I chewed and chewed, I eat 1 meal a day, and its a very small meal. Other than that, Im drinking my Protein Drinks. And water. Anyway, I dont know whats going on, sometimes, I feel like my band isnt there, I feel the port. I can feel that through my skin. But, I feel sometimes either something happened with my band, that maybe it slipped, or my smaller tummy is bigger than what its supposed to be, something feels wrong. I dont hurt, I have no problems eating, and thats the problem. Do I have to wait to my first fill in order to get results? Sorry for the rather confusing thread, but Im worried, Im not doing things right. What do I need to be doing? :redface:

A lot of people don't really start loosing until after their first fill. Keep doing what you're doing as it sounds like you are on the right track. Hang in there, it will get easier.

Don't panic...your swelling from surgery has likely gone down so you will not feel that restriction you did in the beginning. If you are only 2 weeks out you are just beginning. Don't worry about 2 or 3Lbs. You will go up and down 2 or 3 lbs in a few hours. That is normal Water weight fluctuation. Don't weigh everyday!! That was a hard lesson learned for me because I was wanting to see pounds gone daily. I weigh and take a new picture of myself every Friday! You will be surprised at how much you lose in a week as opposed to overnight.

Hang in there...you are on the right track but be patient. You didn't gain the weight over night and it will not come off over night.

Good luck!!!

Iv read several posts where people gained until they had fills to their sweet spot. I know Im the type to eat even if Im not hungry. I cant wait until Im restricted enough I hope it stops me from eating continuosly.

The first fill will put some extra restriction on your stomach that isnt there now. It may not put enough and you will need another fill shortly thereafter, sounds like some do.

I think getting to that first fill is all about will power, or it will be for me without restriction from the fills. I read a post calling this pre fill time hell or some such term. ... probably for a reason.

I could eat ALOT (as much as before my band - done on 4/25/08) about 3 weeks after surgery. I STILL can eat more than I thought I could - even after my 1st fill which was in early June. HOWEVER, some times I can only eat a little bit. Also, some foods bother me sometimes and not others. Sometimes I discover I must have eaten too quickly or gulped my food, or not chewed properly:thumbup: because I have had a few episodes of major pain. I mean, tremendous pain with sweating and salivating - but I HAVE NOT thrown up. My doctor says it takes a good while to "get the hang of this band thing" and that IF A BAND had slipped, you would not be able to keep ANYTHING DOWN. I even asked for an upper GI to make sure, but I don't think I really need one. I hope to more restricted after a few more fills, but honestly - many times I have forgotten completely that I even had this done. I have to remind myself to "do the right thing." Hang in there...I am a biologist and I could have sworn my band was gone!

put the scale down and back away slowly! I know what you feel like. I was banded one month ago today and for the first three weeks I lost nothing and it seemed at times like I was actually gaining. I've been in the bottom of the pit for so long but I decided about a week ago to try hard to forego the weighing everyday, sometimes several times a day. And even though I sometimes do that still, I realized this isn't about watching some magic number go down as much as it is about you living in a new way. I resolved to continue what I was doing and try even harder and let the scale do as it will. Plus, people kept telling me because I haven't had a fill yet, because my hormones are probably going crazy now and because I was watching the scale too closely it wasn't going to happen. Well the last few days the scale has finally moved downward by at least 4 or 5 pounds. I'm so happy because I needed that reassurance. So you see it will happen just maybe not when you're wanting it to. Stick to your guns and one day you'll see the results you want.

Edited by lanejane

I know this is about lap band, but the diet you are supposed to follow is similar to what I was on before. I started out as a snail. I hardly lost and everyone else was losing huge amounts. It was funny because after about 3 months or so, I turned into one of the biggest monthly losers, even for some folks who weighed more than I did. I was losing over 10, 12 or more lbs a month. Some folks start losing slowly and then their bodies kick in with all the added Protein, maybe because I was in such bad shape when I started?? who knows.

Folks will keep telling ya, anyone can eventually lose the weight, its keeping it off that is hard. Hopefully, with the band we wouldnt put it back on. No more yo yo dieting, this is it this time.

hi there, i also am in my 2 weeks. i fell really hungryat times but a couple of teaspoons of yogart will help fade the feeling..i ate chicken to yesterday be i felt like mud afterwards...to full i guess. i have lost 15 pounds but this will slow up so i am told. did yo lose alot the first week? that liquid diet rough but i did it. I have lost a size in cloths too. i am ,was 274 but i am 6ft. 56yo so the fat is already sagging. my dr. said to come back in 5 week to get my first fill. july 24. felling hungry is normal and also being able to put regular food chewed up well is normnal....but...try to stay focused on protein..melba toast is a good bulk food and may last longer...i too cant fell any restrection yet like i thought i was going to feel...it i gulp liquids i get a tight feeling in my chest....so many things we are going to have to learn to so we can lose this weight. i still want my 3 oreo and milk at night but i have come to far....i live a lone thats had to. i am retired. i have started walking on a tread mill. the dr. said no bending or crunches and no lifting over5 pounds till i see him again. I had the new buckle band put in/ Dr schmitt in bham did it. i had no sitches inside...i am sure after that first fill we will be screaming to be able like we can at the present. this is my first form so i also will be looking for some one to help me through these up coming days......good lock

Hi. I was banded May 22nd. I thought I was ruining my band. I was just thinking "here I go, spoiling my chance of losing weight again". I have lost about 10 pounds since the surgery (I lost 16 before the surgery), but I feel like I am going to gain it all back before my first fill and it terrifies me. I don't want to look like a failure in front of my doctor and his staff.

I am definitely able to eat more that I thought I would be able to. And I am still trying to break the habit of eating when I am bored, stressed, etc. I am a student and a mom of a toddler, so I am almost constantly stressed out. So I am having a hard time trying to eat healthy and not eat too much. I am freaking out that I am going to stretch out my band by over-eating. Ahhhh!!! :redface:

I go in for my first fill on July 1st, so hopefully, I will feel more restricted.

I just want to wish everyone all the best!!!

You are so brave to be doing this alone! Alone? I digress! We are all here for you and are going through the same things. I have found a great deal of support just reading the brave thoughts posted here. Hang in there and feel free to contact me whenever you need to! I was banded June 8 so we're going through the same things at pretty much the same time.

Hi, June Bandsters

I'm scheduled for my surgery on July 1. I have to go back to work on July 8th. What can I expect? Clearly, fatigue - but what about swelling? Will I need extra roomy clothes for that first week back at work? Also, anyone think I need more time?

Hi, June Bandsters

I'm scheduled for my surgery on July 1. I have to go back to work on July 8th. What can I expect? Clearly, fatigue - but what about swelling? Will I need extra roomy clothes for that first week back at work? Also, anyone think I need more time?

There will be swelling, I found that stretchy pants, were most comfortable, no jeans, you will be fatigued, and no matter what push yourself to walk, cause you will have gas pain that will kill you... ugggh. Not literally of course. But it will hurt. Gas x or some kind of gas reliever will work just fine. Drink small sips, cause if you dont you'll risk getting gassy, I hope this helps..

AS to everyone else, thank you for your responses, Sometimes you feel as if youre the only one going through this sort of thing. Its really good to know that youre not alone. :ohmy: Tonight, was different for me, when I ate, I felt my restrictions, I guess I will have my days. I just want to throw my scale away now, Im so mad at it. lol. But, no matter what, we are all in this together, and were going to get through it together.

Hi, June Bandsters

Im wondering about just getting home from surgery. All I have that still fits are some blue and black jeans with a stretch waistline. Iv gotta get on a plane like that by myself. Im packing light as Im guessing it might hurt to pick up a heavy suitcase.

Im wondering about just getting home from surgery. All I have that still fits are some blue and black jeans with a stretch waistline. Iv gotta get on a plane like that by myself. Im packing light as Im guessing it might hurt to pick up a heavy suitcase.

Don't lift anything over 15 lbs right after surgery. I would suggest just a small bag of your essentials only and wear the same clothes home that you come to the hospital in. The only thing that matters is your comfort and health.

My 2 cents.

Don't lift anything over 15 lbs right after surgery. I would suggest just a small bag of your essentials only and wear the same clothes home that you come to the hospital in. The only thing that matters is your comfort and health.

My 2 cents.

I totally agree, cause, you dont want to go all that way, and have something happen on your way back, that wouldnt be good. Travel light. Wear flip flops or sandals if you like them.. something comfortable, cause one, its going to be very hard to put on shoes right after. Well it was for me. Luckily I had my husband there for me. Anyway, I hope this helps.