Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cincinnati Lap Band Surgeons?

Hello all!

I have done research on the procedure itself (lap band), and am now beginning to do research on the surgeons/facilities in the Cincinnati, Ohio area that perform the lap band procedure.

For all of you that have had this done - please let me know who you recommend!!!

Also, if it makes any difference, I plan to pay out of pocket. I've already performed the hoops my insurance requires - but I guess not recently enough for them (and this is not something I want to have to wait another 6 months for).

Thank you!

Lori

I used Cincinnati Weight Loss Center. Dr Mobley and Dr. Watkins are very good. I too was self pay - CWLC is about $16K. Cincinnati Weight Loss Center - Home

Another very good Dr. is Trace Curry. He has a bigger practice but is cheaper - about $13K.

Lap Band Surgery Ohio :: Lap Band Doctor

Good luck on your journey

Thanks for the information Eric. May I ask what was the deciding factor for you in choosing CWLC over Dr. Curry's practice? So far those are the two that have come up the most in my search, so I'm just curious....

I'm from north of Dayton and did all my research on Dr.s in this area. They all seemed fine but were 20-25K. So I found CWLC with a google search and they were 16K - i thought wow what a bargain! I attended a seminar and got a very good feeling from Dr.Mobley & his wife Tammy - both have the band and were very willing to stay after and discuss one on one. About 2 weeks after my surgery I ran across Dr. Curry's ad on this website. He had just dropped his price to $13K.

I think both are very very good. My wife is also getting the band next month but is going with Dr.Curry primarily because of costs. The differences i think have to do with the size of practice and available resources. Dr. Curry is very well staffed. They have 2 dieticians, an exercise facility for patients and he does the first adjustment with a under floro. To me they seem top notch.

CWLC is also great. They are smaller so if i need to change a fill appt. they always can get me in asap. The monthly support group is great and active.

I don't think there is a wrong choice here. I would start by attending the free seminar for both. Hope this helps & good luck!

I originally started with Dr. Sonnanstine in florence, KY but could not afford the program fee, I am also not sure what he would charge if someone was paying out of pocket.. and went back online and was doing some more reseach to find other doctors and came across UC's Center for Surgical Weight Loss..From the information they sent me if you pay out of pocket they have negotiated a package price for lap band with both The Christ Hospital and University Hospital which is $14,500..I have a consultation with them on Friday, but so far I have been impressed with all of the information they have sent me regarding it and how nice everyone has been when I have called up there.

I originally started with Dr. Sonnanstine in florence, KY but could not afford the program fee, I am also not sure what he would charge if someone was paying out of pocket.. and went back online and was doing some more reseach to find other doctors and came across UC's Center for Surgical Weight Loss..From the information they sent me if you pay out of pocket they have negotiated a package price for lap band with both The Christ Hospital and University Hospital which is $14,500..I have a consultation with them on Friday, but so far I have been impressed with all of the information they have sent me regarding it and how nice everyone has been when I have called up there.

Hey Blueangel - let me know how your consultation goes on Friday. I went to the seminar for Cincinnati Weight Loss Center tonight, and will go to one for Dr. Curry on the 25th.... I was happy with the seminar at CWLC tonight, but feel it's wise to attend at least one other seminar to compare...