Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Nymphs Summer Meltdown Challenge

Shalee, did the ps doc say how much more you will need to lose before he does the surgery? What will the TT cost? Is there any way to get insurance to cover it? I heard that insurance covers for some band patients if the overhang is causing rashes or yeast infections. I wouldn't do my arms. I don't think visible scars are a good trade. I scar badly and it takes a long time for them to fade. My band surgery scars are still thick and dark pink.

Hi Cindy,

P.s said he could do it now, as after we talked and discussed how my weight has been for years, and that5 when I lost 125 lbs before I was able to get to and stay at for almost 12 years 180, he seems to think my body likes 180ish. He said I am a large framed woman,(and I am very broad shouldered) So realisticaly getting to the 140's might be hard. I actually tend to agree with him. Also I know that as I am losing now I am just getting saggier and saggier and I think I look worse unclothed then when fat, At least then I was filled out. BUT I am glad I lost the weight, I am so much healthier. But I am a deflated balloon. I would have to win the lottery to be able to get everything fixed. So I really want to get a TT and hopefully a breast lift/small implant and then just be happy with that. BUT I don't know if I can afford even the boobs.

For my 1st consolt I did go to a Dr that speciliazes in weight loss patients,and he's in Beverly Hills, so his prices reflect that I believe.

But for just the TT alone with OR fee and Anesthesia fee and 1 night in a skilled healing facility the total for that qoute is $11,735.00

if he does the my breast lift and small implants at the same time the qoute is $20,295.00. It's a good thing my hubby was sitting down as I know he would have passed out cold when we were handed the fee proposals.

I wasn't expecting it to be so much, But then this was my first consolt. I have 2 more coming up. One on next thursday, and another 8th of Sept. or sooner if they have a cancellation.

We always have a habit of going with the lowest bid on things we have done around our house and always end up regreting it. I told hubby, We will go with the best Dr we feel comfortable with and that the price will not be a factor in our deciding, becasue I dont want to go low and then regret because it's a crappy job, this isn't a yard I told him.

Don't know if my insurance will pay anything, I haven't ever had rashed documented, I just took care of them myself, Butthe PS I saw is going to submit to them with pix to see if they do/will since my tummy hangs pretty low over my Cookie.

OK thats about it for now.

Edited by Shalee04
Spelling

Shalee, thanks for the info. I would think that a Beverly Hills doc would be extra pricey but then again, if he's someone who works on celebrities he should know his stuff. I agree with not making the cost your deciding factor in something like this. Let me know how your next 2 appts. go.

Name............Start........Current........Goal.......To Go

CindyG...........204...........195...........184........11

TxArcher.........299...........298...........280........18

Hollyberries.....253...........245...........238.........7

Momto1plus1......203...........194.8.........185........9.8

Lindata..........176.5.........176.5.........160........16.5

Sades............194...........183.9.........185.......-1.1

Mariegabrieleee..235...........232...........215........17

Skinny Jill......167...........164...........157........7

Foofy............233...........226.5.........220........6.5

Kuchiegrl........251...........251...........235........16

Peaches11........203...........203...........183........20

Huskerette.......180...........180...........165........15

Shalee04.........182...........180...........170........10

Finally some downward movement.

Good for you, Foofy! My weight loss has stalled since my unfill. I definitely am too ambitious when I set my challenge goals. Are you doing anything differently?

Shalee - how exciting! That's so funny how you described going with the lowest price on your housing projects. Me and my husband learned the hard way on that too! Definitely go with the best! I bet once you get your Tummy Tuck you'll see a huge difference. And who needs a boob job? Just roll them up and tuck them in a Victoria Secret and away you go! :lol:

Cindy - I'm so glad you're going to get an unfill. I'm very very happy that I may have prevented for you what happened to me! What really sucks is that I gained 10 pounds with the unfill (totally my fault - pigged right out!). Then I got 1 cc back of the 1.5 cc's taken out. I think I'm going to need another .25 cc's. I got the 1 cc done today and already I don't have much restriction. :crying:

Shalee - my body likes 180 too! It's been around that weight for quite a few years. And even now with my minor binge session, that's the weight it went right back to.

And who needs a boob job? Just roll them up and tuck them in a Victoria Secret and away you go! :lol:

Cindy - I'm so glad you're going to get an unfill. I'm very very happy that I may have prevented for you what happened to me! What really sucks is that I gained 10 pounds with the unfill (totally my fault - pigged right out!). Then I got 1 cc back of the 1.5 cc's taken out. I think I'm going to need another .25 cc's. I got the 1 cc done today and already I don't have much restriction. :crying:

:lol:If I was in my 20's, I'd worry about how "the girls" were hanging. As a mid 40's girl, I just want them to look good in my VS underwire!

The unfill felt great and I was able to eat again. However, I did put back on a couple which I expected but I'm not happy about. If I can't get them off by my next appt. which is Monday, I may get a small fill of .25.

Momto1plus1......203...........193.4.........185........8.4

Skinny Jill......167...........164...........157........7

Skinny Jill......167...........158...........157........1

Only 1 pound to go for this goal. I just hope I can keep it off. I've been playing the up and down game. This will be first challenge that I've actually made my goal. Finally.

Good for you, Foofy! My weight loss has stalled since my unfill. I definitely am too ambitious when I set my challenge goals. Are you doing anything differently?

Just eating less. It's a wonderful thing. :blush:

Skinny Jill......167...........158...........157........1

Foofy............233...........225.5.........220........5.5

I'm going to have to have a hell of a week to meet this goal. What day is the cutoff?

Hey Foofy, there's no way I'm going to make goal. I haven't lost an ounce since my unfill. I have been up and down the last 3 lbs for 2 weeks. I'm getting a small fill on Sept. 4th. Hope that gets me moving again. This challenge is over on Labor Day, Sept. 1st. Where did the summer go? I can't believe it's almost over.

Any ideas for the next challenge, anyone? I've been thinking about it and thought a "Scare off the Pounds for Halloween" challenge could be fun. That would be a 2 month challenge and take us to our bandiversary month. Then we could think of a holiday challenge till New Year's. What do you all think?

I'll be away from tomorrow through Friday. I'm renting a house in Narragansitt, RI and there isn't internet in the house. I may go through withdrawal! Guess I'll have to spend more time on the beach! Judy, you mentioned that you are going to Narragansitt on the day I'm leaving. What a coincidence! Wish we were there at the same time. Would have loved to get together. I'm leaving by early afternoon. I'll check in when I get home. I'm thinking of packing my scale if I can find room in the car. It would keep me honest. Have a great week, Nymphs! :angry:

I haven't lost anything more but I'm happy to say I haven't gained anything in the last couple of weeks.

The Halloween challenge sounds like the way to go Cindy. Hopefully we'll all have some good news to report on our band annivserary.

I love the idea of scaring off the pounds. Do you think if my husband shouted boo at me often enough I'll start losing again? What about shock treatment? I wouldn't mind a vampire sucking out some blood - that's got to be at least 5 pounds right there.

I love the idea of scaring off the pounds. Do you think if my husband shouted boo at me often enough I'll start losing again? What about shock treatment? I wouldn't mind a vampire sucking out some blood - that's got to be at least 5 pounds right there.

:biggrin:

Hi everyone! We had a great time at the shore and I'm afraid to get on the scale! I'll go on tomorrow first thing in the morning and see how much damage I did. My son insists on getting fudge as much as possible when we go away. He thinks it tastes better at the beach. I think he's right! We also ate way too much New England clam chowder and had lobster almost every day. Yum! Well, back to reality. If no one else has any ideas for a fall challenge, I'll start a Halloween one on Tuesday. Only a few days left for the Summer Meltdown.