Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have an appointment tomorrow for the lap band orientation. They have already called me and confirmed that my insurance(if approved) will pay 90%.

But I don't know where to begin... What if I don't like the surgeon, I didn't go through my regular doctor because I work with them and they believe in the good old fashion weight loss program.. (Tried and failed.)

Is there anyone here from Bakersfield, California area.. This group of doctors also work in the Beverly Hills area.

Just looking to see if anyone has any information.. I wonder if this is really going to happen...:rolleyes2:

I would start by attending some lap band seminars. Usually the surgeon hosts the event. That is how I found mine.Go to the one tomorrow and just see how you feel. I would never deal with anyone I wasn't 100% comfortable with. My doctor just had a way about him. It was never a hard sell and he really took time to answer questions.

It's a drive but try Journey Lite they have a few offices. I went to Thousand Oaks & Ventura they also have Santa Monica I think. They were great dealing with the insurance and you have to love Dr. Billy he knows his s**t! If you have further questions send me a private message I would be glad to help!

I originally went to them for Lap-Band and while fighting with my insurance with several appeals I had Dr. Michael Omidi of Top Surgeons do my Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty (nose job). They are beyond understanding and kind there. Dr. Jullian Omidi (he prefers Dr. Jullian) is awesome that he is the one that will do your work up for your insurance. Dr. Naim is the doctor that actually does the Lap-Band Surgery...Google him and you will see that he has a very impressive resume when it comes to Gastric Surgeries.

Ironically I finally got my approval today from Aetna after 2 appeals over a 6 month period. My only advise is his office staff, they are very kind and considerate however, if you go not keep on them they tend to procrastinate. Just make many follow up phone calls and you will get exactly what you want and need and if all else fails, call Dr. Jullian and he will put the fire under the office staff :rolleyes2:

If you need more information then let me know as my surgery will probably be scheduled in two weeks.

Dawn

P.S.

My nose job was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

Welcome, Jill, and good luck!

I did the seminar and was okay with them. I did some research regarding Dr. salimitari who now does the lapband surgeries. He is okay but not board certified. Has had his training done in July but has done over 100 lapband surgeries. I would appreciate any advice of how things went after surgery. I am planning on having surgery next week with them.

WEre there any financial surprises later? How were you treated just before surgery, right after surgery?

I know I'm a late-comer to this thread, but wanted to put my two cents in if you are still looking and researching. As a cash pay, I thought about going out of town...beleive me, cash is welcome anywhere. But I ended up right in little ol' Bakersfield. With John Garcia of Bakersfield Surigcal Associates. He does seminars at both Mercy Southwest and San Joaquin (which I beleive has the better overall program.) He came highly recommended from a friend who had him and my husband and I just loved him...practical, a real person you can talk to and always takes the time to answer all your questions. If you prefer a more "distinguished" surgeon, Dr. Hormuz Irani, who started the group, is also very caring and great with patients....he's been doing this since God was a boy, so his skills are supreme. Hope that helps!

Cristy

I went there and everything went find. Manny and her staff plus the Dr. were professional! My surgery went fine. I weigh in @ 375 I'm now 298 continue to get adjustment 2 time since Dec of 08. Would recommend them

Was so upset at reading your thread about your treatment at this office. I work for a large insurance carrier here in CA and I will tell you that for insurance approval you need with any insurance carrier to have your surgery at what is termed a hospital defined as "centers of excellence." This is a very distinguished certification of which sets apart surgeons and hospitals one from the other. Now I am just giving you some input on insurance approval, you need to go online and find out which hospitals fit this criteria because the surgeon's who are associated with them will be approved giving you the lapband surgery. I know many turned down at outside facilities and then approved at a Center of Excellence Hospital/Surgeon because most large insurance carrier's demand a certain level of quality control of which those facilities have met. Not only will that give you peace of mind but you will get your approval for this. Good luck!