Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Emotional eating got me..

as it always has thru my life-Im only 8 days postop and I ate a piece of meat and some fries-I know it was soooooooooo wrong and I also knew from posts that it was going to be painful-I had no idea what PB felt like-Now I do and it was painful.I dont knw how Im going to get thru this part of my eating issues-currently Im havin troubles with my 17 yr old daughter and it just makes me feel so helpless which in turn makes me miserable which as some of you can relate...makes me eat.Even with the horrible after effects of eating what I ate-it is still very hard not to do it right now.ugh

Girl, go get you a dadgum milkshake! Get a small, down it as fast as you can and get it over with. You are healing and now is not the time to fight the eating demons. Do what you gotta do to get through and follow the rules. Don't compromise your best bet for handling it later, your band.

We ALL stress eat/emotional eat. I am listening to my own advice all day long. I remember what I posted and ask myself why I didn't chew that strawberry well enough and it hurt when it squeeeeezed through? It's easier to give advice than to follow your own, I know it. So we need each other. And we are here.

Stick out your hand and let me slap it, no more meat and french fries!! There.

We are here for ya.(((((((((hugs))))))))))

Hi! I have one of those 17 year old girl charmers myself! What a pleasure and pain they can be. I had my first fill yesterday and had a slight PB attack today. I think I may stay on liquids for the rest of my life!!! food is almost not worth the problem.....Ok, I say that now but you can bet the first time one of my kids acts up in the new few hours (oh, yes they will.....) I'll be grabbing for something I shouldn't!

Good luck! Laura

Do not let anyone sabatoge your sucesss, you got this band for you and for you to have a healthier happier life. No 17yr old is worth sabatoging it, and I do have a 17yr old myself so I know what you are going through.

Not to mention you need to heal, there is a post op diet for a reason, eating solids too soon after surgery can risk slippage of your band when your tummy has to digest that meat and fries. Your band needs to set into place and those stitches around your port area on the inside need to heal you do not want them to tear and have your port flip. Digestion is a very ruff process on your tummy with lots of tunrning and churning. You know what to do , now just do it, do not let anyone jeapordize your succes with this band..time to be accountable. Get back to the post op diet your doctor gave you put this past you and move forward :) You can do this!!!!

thanks for the encouragement ladies-its just sooooooooo hard and currently my SO is out of town for at least 10 more days-he left 2 days after my surgery.I am just having such a hard time with my daughter right now-she is driving me insane and my friends keep telling me stupid stuff like "well at least she isnt on drugs""well shes basicly a good kid"-these r 2 things I know but this doesnt excuse her ill behavior.Im just feeling really overwhelmed and then I am going back to work next week and that job stresses me to no end.

Wanna know what my funny "comfort food"is?I eat pork chops when Im stressed-some eat choccolate,sweets whatever-for me its thin cut pork chops pan grilled with a bit of seasonall.lol