Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today is My One Year Bandiversary

Happy Band Day ! you are such a great source of encouragment, I thank you for caring and sharing.

Kim

Great photos, Lisa! You're just a doll! I'm really proud of how far you've come under such stressful circumstances! Keep it up girl!!

I can only hope to look so good. You really do look like a new woman, and your smile says you feel like one. Congrats on your bandiversary!

You look great Lisa, but I'm a little confused... Who is that fat short brunette in the photo montage? :) So you lost 70ish pounds and grew two inches taller? Can I expect the same results? I've always wanted to be 5'7"... :rolleyes:

No port maybe, but baby you look great!

Lisa , you look great! And thank you so much for all the fun and excitement you add to the LBT. I'm gonna be in vegas 5/19-5/22, maybe we could meet up for a drink or some trouble???

Happy Bandiversary!! You look great. Its pretty cool that you dont regret the surgery!!

Patty

ME TOO!!!!!!!!! I am gonna be in town starting the 20th through the 22nd too. I already have plans on the 21st since JOhn is playing at a HOUSE CONCERT that night. But Hey we could do something on Friday night. LISA!!!!! Where are you???

Lisa , you look great! And thank you so much for all the fun and excitement you add to the LBT. I'm gonna be in vegas 5/19-5/22, maybe we could meet up for a drink or some trouble???

Okay, this is the sappy-sue thread for Lisa so you will like these little diddies.

Back when I was researching, I read up on all of your saga with the port infections, etc so I could really know what I might be in for, should I do this. My hubby's comments, when I finally asked him what he REALLY thought, cited you "that pretty girl with all the problems" and she doesn't regret it at all. She loves her band, and it has helped her lose weight, too, even with all the problems. So, I have you to thank for inspiring him to support me in my own band journey. So when he saw the before pic you posted above, he was blown away. "how could she regret it?" was his comment.

Then my daughter, age 5, saw your picture montage and I said, "this is her before when she was very chubby and this and this is all her since she lost weight" and she said, "yeah, she lost alot of weight" I said, "how can you tell she lost weight?" and she replied, "because, she looks skinny and her hair is lighter and lighter." HA! She thinks you get blonde as you lose weight! I explained about hair color and being proud of yourself and feeling happy with the way you look and sometimes you might want to color your hair to make it prettier! Made sense to her, anyway!

Okay, just a few stories about how you have been a part of my family, in ways, since I first logged on to LBT. Thanks for everything.

Lisa,

I'm a little late in the band day wishes but better late than never.

You've always been an inspiration to me, and everytime you post pictures I get pissed off because you are so much skinnier than me even though we weigh the same. WHY WHY WHY couldn't I be taller?

But I love you anyway and am glad that you've come to see your band-anniversary as a time to Celebrate your success.

I loved your story about the car accident. I would often have the same thought before banding. "girl runs into tree trying to squeeze more ketchup on her supersized french fries. A 1 pound bacon cheeseburger found cluched in her meaty paws- her shoes flew off but she didn't let go of the cheeseburger". Sometimes I'm glad I'm not alone and you share some of my struggles...but most of the time I wish no one else would have to feel this way.

Congrats for making it a year and thanks for sharing your story. I'm so glad to have met you.

Megan

Better late than never for me, too, Lisa. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to post here sooner. It's been an extraordinary year for you and I've been in awe of your fortitude in the face of obstacle after obstacle. Congratulations on making it through the first year (which, in banding like marriage, is the hardest!) and here's hoping the rest of your banded life will be tranquil and very successful.

Hi Lisa,

I'm sorry this is a bit late. I've been in Utah at my cousins graduation. Just got home late last night. Wonderful pics girl! I'm so proud of you and all your tribulations with your band all year, you've done wonderful! Today is my 1 year bandiversary so I need to start thinking of my own inspirations and put together some pics later today. Thanks for sharing girlfriend and hope to see you later this year looking even more beautiful. Teresa

Happy bandiversary to you too, Teresa. Look at those impressive stats -- together you and Lisa have lost a whole person. It's so encouraging to all of us, especially newbies, to see successes like both of yours, especially in the face of serious obstacles.