Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 17th here I come!

I received my surgery date yesterday. I was hoping it would be sooner but went to my PCP on Monday and have a staph infection on my leg. I have no idea how/where I got it as I don't have any open cuts or anything on my leg. I just thought my pants were rubbing on my leg and was irritating it. Now I'm on two antibiotics to get over it. I hope these meds to the job.

I received my surgery date yesterday. I was hoping it would be sooner but went to my PCP on Monday and have a staph infection on my leg. I have no idea how/where I got it as I don't have any open cuts or anything on my leg. I just thought my pants were rubbing on my leg and was irritating it. Now I'm on two antibiotics to get over it. I hope these meds to the job.

Long2Bfree

Congrats on your date :rolleyes2:!!!! 7/17 will be my 1 yr anniversary :thumbup:

Sounds like you have mrsa - which is now a community acquired staph infection - use to be that staphs were limited to hospital but now a days it's everywhere. My 4 yr gd has it - my son got it - prior to surgery they weren't allowed at my house and if they were then I bleached everything - I did want to have the bug in my system prior to surgery - make sure you wash your sheets with a little bleach and towels too or you risk re-infecting yourself..

Good Luck on your surgery - prayers for a safe surgery and speedy recovery...

Indio Girl 55 - Thanks for the well wishes and prayers, which one can never have too many of. I feel priviledged to sharing a band date with someone who has been so successful with her band.

The doctor diagnosed my staph infection as 'cellulitis'. I've heard of MRSA but I'm not really sure that's what I have as the infection site is not open and oozing which really has me stumped because I have no breaks in my skin. My family also razes me because I'm such a stickler about getting them to wash their hands and clean everything and spray everything with Lysol, alcohol or antibacterial products. I'm just thankful the antibiotics are working as the infection is going away.

It's 94 degrees where I'm at today. I can bet you are REALLY warm in Palm Springs.

Indio Girl 55 - Thanks for the well wishes and prayers, which one can never have too many of. I feel priviledged to sharing a band date with someone who has been so successful with her band.

The doctor diagnosed my staph infection as 'cellulitis'. I've heard of MRSA but I'm not really sure that's what I have as the infection site is not open and oozing which really has me stumped because I have no breaks in my skin. My family also razes me because I'm such a stickler about getting them to wash their hands and clean everything and spray everything with Lysol, alcohol or antibacterial products. I'm just thankful the antibiotics are working as the infection is going away.

It's 94 degrees where I'm at today. I can bet you are REALLY warm in Palm Springs.

The ticker on my task bar says it's 115 :crying: but I have lived here my whole life - and I am just thankful it's not 125 - now that's hot :eek: 115 is normalish for the Desert :confused_smile:

Thankfully you don't have Msra - it's ugly... Glad the meds are working..

Yep 7/17 is a good day - Hugs Janet

I am July 17th too!!!

Ocbreeze4u

Congratulations 7/17 is a good date - I was bonded 7/17/07 - today 100 lbs lighter :frown:

Also, we are almost neighbors :)

Prayers for a safe surgery & speed recovery....

Thank you for the well wishes and we also have something else in common...I grew up in Palm Springs, acutally Rancho Mirage but I went to school at Palm Springs High School. Duh! Everyone went there in the 80's, it was the ONLY high school for 5 cities back then...lol !

I have 97 lbs to lose so I hope I am like many here that lose the first 100 in one year however I think my first 50-70 will be easy and the last 30 lbs will be a struggle....ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OCBreeze4U - Yay! Another July 17th Bander. Is your surgery being gone outpatient or will be staying overnight? Mine is being done outpatient.

You and I have something in common too. I was born in Corona back when it was mostly open land and dirt fields. Things sure have changed since then. I grew up in OC.

Long to be Free, Mine will be outpatient as well, thank goodness. I grew up in the Palm Springs area and when I graduated high school I moved to O.C. and never moved back. We are now Orange County Transplants like most in Corona now...lol ! (hense my screen name OC Breeze) I miss OC very much, you are lucky.

Where are you having your surgery at? As for the staph infection, did she acutally take a skin sample or are they just assuming?