Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay who ever is sitting on my tummy GET OFF!!!!!!!!!

Oh I have more pressure today then yesturday.. and it has some tingling and little sperts of sharp pain... Sounds like a recipe for trouble... Anyway I know its normal and Im still a bit bloated.. Just wanted to vent a bit on what Im going thourgh. It was a bit hard getting down a protien shake this morning.. took me a few hours.. I made it really thin too.. thinner then paint... ( im suppose to drink anything with the same consistancey as paint) My upper thigh is killing me too I almost want to cry, its numb and burns and i get what feels like electric shock pains Ahhhhhhhh.... I went to my PCP and he told to just put heating pad for no more then 10min and rub it. He checked me for any blood clogs and i was good!

So thats what im having to deal with today... not to mention my normal back pain that i even had before surgery... okay im hanging in there...

Oh dear. I remember those days! Please hang in there Trish. I know the first 2 weeks were the worst for me, and after that it all went well.

Keep your chin up, and if you need to call me you can anytime.

I love you girl! ~Kelly

It was a bit hard getting down a protien shake this morning.. took me a few hours.. I made it really thin too.. thinner then paint... ( im suppose to drink anything with the same consistancey as paint)

I dunno about you Trish, but all my paint is in tubes! I would have thought paint would be well into the mush stage, definately not liquid stage! That would be the case for the oil, acrilic and watercolors. Oh, and the paint I use when I stencil comes in pots, so that would have to wait unitl the solid phase...

Maybe "paint thinner" consistancy instead??? Perhaps it should be "thinner than paint" instead???

Hugs Trish! Only teasing you!

Thanks everyone!!! I know its all going to get better soon. Im still so excited about getting my band! I wish I could pay attention to it as much as I would want to but this darn leg is bugging me so bad its getting all my attention ... ugh!!!

Vinesqueen- LOL I need that laugh thanks!!! I think that my Dr. meant the house type paint. I also thought of tube paint.. like oils... hmmmm i wish!! Cuz that would be mushies.... ohhhh cant wait... 2 more weeks to go woohoo LOL

Time will fly by Trish. It will be better before you know it.

Maybe I missed it but what's up with your leg pain? I'ts not clots (thank the Lord!) so what is it? Any explanation?

Hey Trish,

Sorry to hear you are having so much sorness. It is jsut alot of gas build up. Hope you feel better tomorrow!!! Keep drinking and take it slow and easy!!!

so Trish, have you had a bm? personal question, but I am dying. I think this would make me feel soooo much more able to relax. Any suggestions? Tried to walk just got tired amd sore. Thanks

I had the leg pain with the second surgery. My doc explained that it may have been the position you were in on the OR table, occasionally that may inflame a nerve. I found it very painful and annoying for a few days, then it was just GONE. :) i hope this is the case for you. Glad to hear you're on the other side and heading for victory!

Thanks for the support everyone!! Im hoping my leg will get better it seems im more worried about my leg then my band pain. its like my leg pain over powers my band pain... Im hanging in there though.

Brenda... Its okay you asked a personal question and im not shy to answer lol Anyway it was 4 days after surgery that i had a bm but it wasnt much since i was on liquids a week before. I thought like you.. that is would make me feel much better.. and it did for awhile then i just got bloated again... Are you getting enough protien in? i know that makes my tummy rummble alot and i feel a bit better after letting out some gas... i know this is a gross and not much talked about topic but sometimes it just has to be talked about! I hope that helps

I tried Betty's favorite, Apple juice, OMG, it worked, so, now it's a small bottle of apple juice every day, sure keeps things moving, if you get my drift. Just toot away Trish, that gas will be gone in no time, hehehe

Trish, before i read Leatha's post, I was going to guess your leg pain be contributed to the sciatic nerve - most likely irritated from the surgery.

I remember getting alot of this discomfort during pregnancy - when my baby would sit on this nerve. My doctor suggested that I lay or stand - NOT sit. Sitting seemed to aggravate it.

I dunno, just trying to give 2 cents!

What a horrible pain to have - especially when you are trying to recover from surgery. ((hugs))

One more thing, you may want to try cold instead of heat. Just see is this helps. Seems like the ice pack on my butt cheek/hip made things better then the heating pad.

...oh, and walking helped too!

Funny you mentioned cold.. instead of hot... I had tried it a bit ago and it actually helped a little.. not to much but i wasnt getting the sharp electric pains... And I cant even touch that makes it worse..