Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking in Missouri

Did you have trouble the first week on eating? I was told to drink liquids till my first appt on the 8th of this month. have lost 24.2 lbs since june 16 so that is good but i'm having trouble figuring out when i'm full or even hungry cause my stomach just feels bad. I had dr.edwards in springfield do my surgery and the surgery itself went great. he said it slipped right on with no problems. Not to much pain but i'm going thru the depression stage right now so had to get no here to read good positives things. Just will be glad once the stomach issues are over w/and can eat something. How are things going on yours?

Hi Deedra, I got my band on June 2nd. I live in Trenton, MO, its in the NW part of the state. I would be happy to be buds with ya. Wow, its gonna happen for you tomorrow!!! How exciting! Keep us posted on how you are doing. I went to Boone County in Columbia. Who is doing your surgery? Feel free to email me thru this site if you want. Good Luck!!:thumbup:

I would just tell them alot of hard work and determination. Just cause we are banded doesnt' me its not going to work for us, we still have to exercise and pay attention to what we are putting in our mouths. Just like anyone else!

How did the surgery go? I went back to work on Tuesday and am doing great! It is exciting to see the progress of everyone writing in. To be 78 lbs lighter...I can only imagine at this point. I was wondering how others are dealing with people asking questions of why were you off work. I'm afraid / ashamed to tell people right now that I've had the lap band. To me I feel like I have failed myself because I could not lose the weight on my own. I'm hoping to eventually be able to tell people what I've had done and to be proud that I've had the motivation to finally get this weight off.

Did you have trouble the first week on eating? I was told to drink liquids till my first appt on the 8th of this month. have lost 24.2 lbs since june 16 so that is good but i'm having trouble figuring out when i'm full or even hungry cause my stomach just feels bad. I had dr.edwards in springfield do my surgery and the surgery itself went great. he said it slipped right on with no problems. Not to much pain but i'm going thru the depression stage right now so had to get no here to read good positives things. Just will be glad once the stomach issues are over w/and can eat something. How are things going on yours?

Hi Deedra, No I haven't had any problems with getting food in me! Dang, wish I would! I have worked my way up to full solids now and anything goes down. I am the one who has to say enough, its time to quit eating. I measure my portions and am not down to bandster portions yet but more like 'sensible diet portions' which for me is an improvement from pre surgery running thru the fast food lane and supersizing everything. We have lost about the same amount. My wt loss has slowed down a lot. Lost one yesterday but the little sucker was back this morning.:thumbup: I am slowly getting back into exercising. I waited on that because I have been pretty sore around the port area and too much movement puts me in agony. I saw the doc for my first fill on the 1st and he looked at it, said it wasn't infected but irritated. I sit at a desk all day and my fat roll just gets squished I guess. He put me on antibiotics just in case. Last night I walked over a mile. I have started using my eliptical in the evenings. As for feeling full, I never do. The fill didn't restrict anything yet so I will be going back for another one soon. One day I did blow it and went to McDonalds. I just got a 4 pc chicken nugget happy meal. Ate all 4 and half the fries. Told my son if I was smart I would toss the rest of the fries but McD's has the best fries so I ate em all:mad2: I knew that was too much and I did feel queasy after that so at least I know i CAN get full. I just wont eat that much again at a meal!

Hope your depression lifts soon. Keep coming to the message board and reading positive messages or better yet, get outside and take a walk. Keep us informed about how its going for you. You know we all care.

This morning is the first morning i haven't felt horrible or nauseated but i just now drinking my Breakfast. i had pureed food yesterday, 1/4 c. mashed pot./gravy from kfc but was to scared to eat anymore and my stomach still didn't feel good. Hoping that was just a wave and that it might be over. i have to keep the bigger picture in my mind or else this isn't going to work for me. and i need to get the idea out of my head that this will last forever cause i'm sure it won't. thansks for your post though and keep up the good work. have been told it takes 2-3 fills to get the "fullness" feeling right so hang in there!!

Sportscar,

How are you doing on your foods? I have been nauseated every time i eat or should i say dirnk. i even cut it down to 4oz. this morning was first morning 6th day, that my stomach wasn't upset but i'm just not starting to drink breakfast and taking slips slowly and far between. just wondering if you had any of that? Also still belching alot of the gas, do you still have that? Hope things are going well for you!

I can't wait till I can eat some mashed potatos and gravy. My doctor has me on creamed Soups and liquids till I see him on Thursday the 10th. I'm getting bored with the soups and feeling sorry for myself with the holiday weekend and everyone barbequing. Sounds so good. I did find a creamy Soup to eat yesterday for the holiday...Cream Corn. My husband said it smelled great, but of course he wouldn't eat any... I actually thought it was pretty good for something different. The salt content of soups is bothering me. I am a scale person and it is not moving like I want it to...I know it has only been a week and a day since surgery...mind over matter. I just need to take my time. Good luck Deedra, you will do great!

The gas was the WORST!!!! The gas moved to my left neck and shoulder. But especially my neck and my daughter could actually see how "swollen" my neck was. ouch, ouch... Wednesday it finally went away with just a little tenderness. Yesterday I think I overdid it around the house, cause where the port is it is a little sore this morning. So...back to taking it a little easier.

Sportscar,

My doc has me still on full liquids but i was hungry and everyone was eating kfc so i indulged. Now today gas isn't so bad but i have diarheaa....boy this is fun!!!! I hope this all subsides before i go back to work next wednesday. Did you ever notice how many tv commercials are about food? UGH!!!!!!!! I don't even get creamy Soups so lucky you.....if i did i would be in hog heaven with broccoli/cheese Soup Yummmm!! Hadn't thought though about cream corn would love that one too! Keep me posted on how things are going and don't forget your Water...drink your Water that should help w/salt from foods. Keep pushin!!! We are going to make it!!!!!!!

Just wondered how you have been doing on your band? I have lost 82 pounds since June 30, 2008 but was at a stand still over the last several months but i got another fill and have started slowly moving down again.