Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

some days better than others

some days everything goes down others it is throwing up all day same with the wieght first it comes off then it stalls then it goes up does this make any sense?:)

my friend, i wish you would change your screen name. you're worth better. yes, what you've said makes sense. we all have good days and bad days. but, i can sincerely tell you that the good days outnumber the bad for me now that i have the band to help me remember to make good eating decisions.

don't mean to impose anything on you, but will be praying for your success and for you to make solid connections with others on this site who can encourage you on your journey. make sure you understand the band "rules" and follow them. your doctor,nutritionist, and their office staff should be educating you on those rules. i tell you that when i follow the rules, i have REAL success--oh, i didn't wake up thin the day after surgery, but i see the weight coming off a heck of a lot faster than it went on!!! i hope the same for you--YOU ARE WORTH THE EFFORT THIS REQUIRES!!!

my screen name reflects who i am it's not at all inappropriate if iwas youg and sexy would sexyme be wrong?

Hi

I have exactly the same problem as you. I have really good restriction and can not get anything down some days but I have not lost a pound since last Nov. It is so frustating eating tiny amounts and not loosing anything at all. I know that I eat all the things that I should not to make me feel better after I have left the table.

Begining to think that my restriction may be too tight and not allowing anything to go down and then it is making me feel deprived and then I am comforting myself with easy to eat foods which is keeping my weight stable!

Lightbulb moment!

i wonder also if we eat enough so many drs. say you need to eat to lose weight. i track everthing i eat it doesn't add up to much especially when your throwing half of up but i'm also menopausal and i'm told that makes losing harder i don't know what to think going through surgery and still struggling to lose

I have the same problem. I never know day to day what may make me sick. Some times even soft food will not stay down and some days I can eat red meat with no problem. I can not drink 1-2 hours after eating it always causes vomiting. :thumbup: I do not know if I will ever figure it all out. I have totally given up on bread and fast food, however I still eat chocolate. We will just have to take it day by day.

I have the same problems. I can't eat soft bread at all, but I've found I can eat croutons with my salad. But if I put a bit of dressing on my salad, I can't eat it at all.

I've been slow cooking everything in my crockpot, but I can't seem to eat brisket any more at all. And when I get up for work and take my meds, I have to wait a while or it'll come back up.

Does anyone have bad restriction after getting out of bed?

i feel were ya all comin from i was doing so well up til 6-28th i notice the scae went up 5 pounds i see no nutrition, my doc says that will happend but im sorry i dint get this surgery for me to gain i got it to loose i rather for it to stand still and not loose than to gain whats the deal does any one know whats up? banded 05-08-08

I feel the same!! Some days I can eat chicken, tuna etc. but other days it is much harder..so...stupidly I tried ice cream when I had a craving and Yes it went down so easy..so when I have those bad days I tend to resort to eating "bad" foods cause of course they sem to go down with no problem at all. I was wondering the same about the retriction and if I did get it loosened a bit I would be able to make better choices cause Protein would go down easier..but then I get scared that it won't be enough restriction.. Ido feel like I am resorting to some old behaviorss..and I feel so guilty when I eat things I shouldnt..but why are they so easy to eat and not the things that I need to be eating...so frustrating..

I tried explaining this to a non-bander and it was really hard to explain what I was feeling and what I meant exactly....Just had to get this out to someone who knows!! Keep me posted if you do get it loosened and if it helps.

When I am frustrated with the band, I try applesauce. You can mix yogurt with Protein Powder and extract, or make a smoothie. I love the double chocolate Jello SF pudding; the raspberry chocolate isn't bad. I save these foods for when I just had an adjustment. I use a glass custard dish for my ice cream dish; no one can never eat ice cream. The frozen Publix (I live in FL) black jack cherry yogurt is terrrific; you would never know it was good for you.