Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you call the Doctors office often?

:tongue: I feel like I have to call or email them all the time in order to get anywhere. I HATE feeling like I bother people but I can't get answers otherwise. I've been waiting for a week to get my surgery scheduled and no one has called me. It usually takes them 2 days to get back to me. It's been such a long process and I want to be able to plan my future some. I just want a flippin date. I know the poor insurance person at my doctors office probably hates me.

Guest Leslie2Lose

I had my doctor's nurse on speed dial. Bless her heart. I found out about a month ago I had to have my port revised (it'd flipped). I call her all the time and also enjoyed harrassing the insurance company for three weeks. I know she sighed everytime she was told I was on the phone. It was finally corrected this past Friday. Yea!

I called my surgeons office alot more before my surgery. I was trying to get the insurance squared away.

Don't worry about asking them questions via phone, email, or in person... I am sure you paid them for their time already :tongue:

The girl at my surgeons office told me she would put in my request for authorization on a Friday, and call them on Mon or Tuesday. I didn't want to bug her... so I waited a week and a half to call. She hadn't even sent my paperwork in yet!!! She told me she is so busy, she needs me to call constantly!!! Who knew?? So...now I am still waiting for an answer (and my surgery is in 9 days!!!!)

I call my Surgeon's office at least once each week, mostly to see what clearances they have received, and which offices I have to harass to send them in.

My surgeon won't submit my file to insurance until he has received all of the results from the various tests I need to have done, so I've been 'guiding' (read pushing) the offices along to send the clearances in. I'm done with all of the testing, and I know that waiting to hear back from the Insurance will be an intense time, so I'm doing all that I can now before its just a waiting game.

The office staff is extremely nice and helpful, so although I feel like I'm bothering them I know that they realize that we are just excited to have a new outlook on life, and for most of us, to just start living.

Good Luck to All.

Don't feel bad cause I was calling them twice a week until I received an approval from the insurance company. You have to be persistent.

Don't feel bad cause I was calling them twice a week until I received an approval from the insurance company. You have to be persistent.

Its interesting the different responses you'll get on this one. I ended up on the S**T list at my surgeon's office because I followed up on everything. I was trying to get it all lined up so I wouldn't have to be stressed out. I was never rude, except maybe the one time they left me sitting around for 5 hours, but really 5 hours??? who wouldn't be irritated?? Any way, they may be a very busy practice but remember you are client and you are paying them for a service, a very important and personal service. I say follow up, you never know if you don't ask.

I feel the same way as you do but i've realized that if don't reach out to them. they probably won't reach out to me. They're getting GOOD money from us, they have to do it. Good luck!

Edited by Tracyde730