Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many have lost 200 pounds...

...and done it in a one year period?? I am just curious.

I have three months to go and have lost right at 175 pounds....I hope to have hit the 210 mark at my one year surgery anniversary.

Now, I realize I had much more to lose than many did...but I am just wondering how many have hit the 200 mark in a years time.

TIA - Everyone keep up the good work!

dab

Holy crap!! You are an inspiration to me. I can only HOPE to do near as well as you have. Wow...just wow.

:):thumbup::lol::thumbup::lol::thumbup:

I haven't had the surgery yet. But, when I do, I will have to pay for it myself (about $17,000). I would like to loose a minimum of 200 lbs. Just curious, had you been dieting off and on prior to having this surgery?

Over the past few days, I have become really fearful that I will not loose weight fast enough and begin to consider the surgery a failure for me. I would be heart-broken if that happens.

I am so afraid that my metabolism is so messed up from starving myself (no Breakfast, no lunch, but big dinners), that the band won't be effective...

Any responses would be appreciated!

I am so afraid that my metabolism is so messed up from starving myself (no Breakfast, no lunch, but big dinners), that the band won't be effective...

You sound just like me.....I don't eat all day then make up for it (BIG TIME) in the evening. I lost weight 4 years ago by starving myself (100lbs in 5 months). I actually felt pretty good, but was starving all the time...of course I realize I can't do this and effectively keep the weight off.

I think that once you get your band you will do just fine, there are MANY folks on these boards that have done the same thing as us...(starvation dieting, binge eating....). The band is a wonderful tool that will keep us from fighting our bodies.

I can't wait to get my lapband, I know it's going to work for both of us...it will keep us from binge eating. We will do this Missljj :drool:

I have lost 170 in 9 months. DOnt think i am going to make 200 in 12months. But i cant say i am not pleased!

WOW!!!

Grats!!!

I know 3 people who lost 200 plus pounds within their first year of being banded, but all of them had 300+ pounds to lose. One had nearly 600 lbs. You'd probably expect her to lost at least 200 lbs in the first year, minimum.

That's why it's important to see this as a percentage of excess weight, vs. number of pounds. Your goal in terms of percentage is about 66% of your excess weight. While not many lose 200 lbs in their first year (because most don't have that much to lose, among other factors), many, many, many people hit higher than 60% of excess.

200 lbs was my total goal. At my lowest (I'm preggo now, so weighing in a little higher) I was within 30-40 lbs of being there. I think in my first year I lost about 130 (give or take 15) lbs, so let's say 70% of my excess weight.

Capitalize on the first 6 - 10 months. Especially with higher BMI patients, things really tend to slow down after that.

BTW, where in KC are you? There are a LOT of us in the area.

u lost this on the lap band?

Yes i sure did. But i worked my ass off like crazy:) I try and do at least 1hour of exercise everyday.

I have 230 some lbs left to lose. I hope I can be one of the people who loses quicker since I started at 419lbs

Im sure you will if you work hard at it. Get it in your head your going to workout everyday. start with 20 mins or so. Build from there. Swimming is a GREAT place to start.

At my lowest (I'm preggo now, so weighing in a little higher)

Grats on the pregnancy!!!

I haven't had the surgery yet. But, when I do, I will have to pay for it myself (about $17,000). I would like to loose a minimum of 200 lbs. Just curious, had you been dieting off and on prior to having this surgery?

Over the past few days, I have become really fearful that I will not loose weight fast enough and begin to consider the surgery a failure for me. I would be heart-broken if that happens.

Any responses would be appreciated!

I am sorry it took so long to get back with you. I actually forgot where I posted this and then was out of town a week.

I dieted on and off for my whole life. I could lose 100 pounds on a fad diet only to gain 120 back in the following months.

Fear is a reality....but I am proof, as well as others, that this is the tool that many need to succeed. I have changed my lifestyle and am reaping the rewards....sure it is nice to have smaller clothes, but the blood pressure and diabetic meds going out the window is the benefit that matters to me....my health for my kids and family are now important to me.

Best of luck.

dab