Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone! I am so glad that I found this site.

I am 1 week away from surgery. I'm looking forward to a new beginning. I was very impressed when I went in to see my surgeon and saw all of the success pictures. I'm hoping to be on that wall some day. Most importantly, I want to feel better. I am a teacher and by the end of the day, I am zapped.

For those of you who have had the surgery, how fast were you up and about? My doctor made it sound like just a couple of sore days, and that I will feel fine after that. I am hoping that is the case, but I wanted to be re-assured by someone who has actually been lap banded.

Thanks! I look forward to talking more with all of you.:P

I was banded May 13th and my first week was rough but like magic on the 7th day I started to feel better. Believe me it is not painful just extremely sore. The roughest thing is post-op getting in fluids and Proteins. I didn't and I got dehydrated by day 5 but once I started drinking I was fine and out and about on the 7th day.

Everyone is different and you might be one of those who is back to work on the 3rd day as some on this site are.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!

I think some people are up and about no problem after a couple of days, but everyone is different.

For me, I was doing pretty good the night of and day after surgery. I felt really good on day 2 post-op but I was REALLY slow going. I slept most of day 3. Days 4 and 5, I was faster moving, but still very sore. I got off the pain meds at day 9. It is now day 12 post-op and I really feel human again. I can even workout (cardio) a little bit now. It'll be a lot longer until I can lift weights.

Yeah, its about the same for me. I was banded last monday on the 9th. Took it easy the next day, medication every 4 hours, by Thursday, I was only taking the medication before i went to bed.

I went to Houston on Saturday and came back on Sunday (Dr said i would have to stop 3 or 4 times to just stretch and walk around to prevent clotting.) Everything is fine but if you travel be careful it can be a bumpy ride.

Today was alright the only thing that is sore is the larger incision (i guess where the port is).

None of the pain was as bad as expected. Good luck with your success!

Oh, one more thing, get your liquids organized and purchased before your surgery, that way you are prepared ahead of time, one less thing to be concerned with.

Oh, I forgot to mention that trip to Houston was about a 3 hour trip.

Also, I go back to work on Wednesday, so I only took off a week and 2 days.

Again, wish you the best!

I am also a teacher and know exactly what you mean about being zapped by the end of the day!! I was banded on January 8 and returned to work on the 11th! This surgery was a breeze for me. Good luck with your surgery and recovery!

Banded Jun 12

Left hospital June 13

Came to work June 15

Some pains YES, on the port, but i was up and running

And believe me THERE IS PAIN

When people say pain it also depends on a variety of things - Most that say it was rough usually haven't had surgery before where as others that have usually find it a walk in the park. If you've had surgery before then it may not be as painful as what your used to - I personally have had 2 lung biopsies and I'm hoping that this one isn't as painful - was in alot of pain after my biopsies - I figure though that the pain/discomfort of it all is outweighed by far by the fact that I'm going to be healthy and happy afterwards (not straight after but eventually) Good luck with surgery!