Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all McKinney, TX Bandsters

I've found quite a few fellow McKinney bandsters on this site, and I was interested to see if there are others. I thought I would gauge interest in starting a McKinney support group. So, let me know if you are interested!

Hi Auntlucy, I'd be interested. I haven't been banded yet, but I should be in the next month.

Oscar

I just got banded on July 24, 2008 and would love to have some local support. I live in Princeton, just down the road. There are support groups at UTSouthwestern where I had surgery but that's to far to drive and it's at night in Dallas. Uck!

I live in Denison and would be interested in coming to Mckinney for a support group. I was banded almost a year ago but have struggled and basically failed to the point that I am almost back to my pre-surgery weight. I am ready to start over fresh and would love to have the support of others who are in this journey.

I am interested in a support group meeting in McKinney. We can use our church if we need a place and the time is right. I'm the church secretary, so I have our schedules. Are you already meeting someplace. I need all the help I can get. A lady from Denison contacted me and wants to meet too. The sooner the better.

The location of our church is 124 N. Carlisle St. across from Slaughter. Tuesday or Thursday would probably be the best days. Anytime will probably be good, say 6:30 to 8:30. How many days a month are we talking about?

I would think 1 or 2 days a month would be good. 7:00 would be a good time b/c it would give people who work outside of McKinney time to get there.

Hi Aunt Lucy,

A couple times a month sounds great to me. How does the 1st and 3rd Tuesday or Thursday of each month sound? What day would work better for u? Can't wait to get this thing rolling.

We could start on Sept 16 or 18, or is that to soon?

Edited by Quilting Bee

Unfortunately I have school on Tuesday and Thursday nights so I won't be able to come but maybe if you continue to have it, I may be able to come after this semester is over. :tt2:

Let's try to start Sept 16th...I don't think it would hurt to get it going...even if there are just a few. I'll look on this site and see about setting up something just for our group. Thursday nights would probably be best for me. Maybe 7 pm?

Hi Aunt Lucy,

You said Thursday would be better for you but the 16th is on a Tuesday. do you still want to start on Tuesday the 16th? Either day works for me. I think this will be great.

Hi AuntLucy,

Thursday, Sept. 18 at 7:00 p.m. will be great.

Can't wait to see how many will show up. I go for my first fill on Monday, Sept 15. Wish me luck, I'm a little nervous. Doing okay, so far.