Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Holy Tightness!!

Since my fourth fill last month I feel like I've been at my "sweet spot". Well, that wicked little witch Aunt Flo is about to rear her ugly head and HOLY MACKERAL have I been restricted!! I've read alot about this on other threads but thought I'd see if any other VV's have experienced this yet? For the last two days, I have BARELY been able to get down soft foods. I've just stuck to liquids. It's so weird to go from eating my normal small portions to having this extreme tightness. Oh well, I'm getting down H20 ok and should start AF tomorrow. Boy, this lapband just facinates me!!

I bet your losing weight well though. Make sure you get those Proteins in and keep your fingers crossed for a little loosening. I wish you the best but I doubt you need it. your personality seems to be right on the mark, all positive.

Hugs

Paula

I have the exact same problem. I am really good with my restriction except for the week before AF and then I can barely eat a thing. It is so frustrating because that kind of restriction is above and beyond what anyone needs. I have no solution but I totally feel your pain!

I have the exact same problem. I am really good with my restriction except for the week before AF and then I can barely eat a thing. It is so frustrating because that kind of restriction is above and beyond what anyone needs. I have no solution but I totally feel your pain!

It's so true about being the "kind of restriction above and beyond what anyone needs". I've been miserable the last couple of days!! Today is better and I'm still waiting for AF to show up. The good thing is by experiencing this, I will know what to expect from here on out. Thanks for your input Mel. You know what they say...misery loves company!!:tongue:

I have the exact OPPOSITE problem. i'm more wide open when its my TOM. I eat a lot more and crave carbs and sugars... :rolleyes2:

I really haven't been restricted yet, but I can tell that week before, I am praying to be tight! Right now its like I lose really good up until a week before, then I can inhale anything then after I start, I have to work off the damage from the week before. My body is insane!, but I'm learning how to take control!

Well my AF has been out of town since banding. She just came to visit today and let me tell you we have had such a great time getting to know each other again. lol. You'd think that bc would keep her on a steady visiting schedule, but the weight loss has really shocked my body.

I had never read anything about more tightness when AF is visiting but it makes sense. I also was recently filled to 5.5 and felt very little restriction until this last fill. I finally understand everything I learned about the band.