Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Four-month check in

Hi fellow VVs! I have not been around on this forum in awhile...it is all I can do to keep up with my surgeon's forum here. Such talkative people we bandsters are.

Well, coincidentally Saturday was my four-month anniversary and I hit the fantastic milestone of 50 pounds lost that day! I squealed from the bathroom, I think I scared my DH.

I have been so fortunate, no problems whatsoever. I have had three fills and for a total of 4.4 cc in my 10 cc band. My fill doctor (different from my surgeon, as I went out of state) is great. Very kind, thoughtful, not the slightest bit condescending. My weight loss has been pretty steady, luckily.

I eat very normally. I have learned to avoid soft bread and dry meats; otherwise, all is well. The only times I have PB'd are when I have eaten one of those or waited too long between meals and eaten too quickly. They are learning experiences. As I write this I am eating my lunch of leftovers -- baked salmon and steamed snow peas. I eat fast food on occasion but the amounts are so much smaller than they used to be. I also eat the occasional piece of chocolate. My favorite Snacks are nuts -- dry-roasted almonds, pumpkin seeds, cashews. As long as I portion things out reasonably (no sitting down with the whole can of nuts), I am OK.

I exercise nearly every day. At least five days a week, usually six. SparkPeople is my friend -- I love the videos and exercise tips there, and I use it to track my food daily. I also have a variety of workout DVDs and the Wii and Wii Fit. Mustn't get bored. My fitness level is definitely increasing and I don't feel like I'm going to pass out if I go up a few flights of stairs (which is good as the darn elevator keeps breaking at work).

I don't think I could've been prepared for the emotion that goes along with this. I am ecstatic, overjoyed, of course. I feel like anything is possible. But it also feels strange. I feel sad that I didn't do this sooner, for example. I could've been happier and healthier in my 20s. Sometimes I look in the mirror and I see no change. Yet the drawstring of my yoga pants is pulled as tight as it can go, most of my bras don't fit anymore and I can no longer wear my favorite jeans as they end up around my ankles. I am so used to thinking of myself as a giant, Jabba-the-Hutt-like blob. What will I become? I am still me, but I'm changing into a different version of me. I'm just getting to know that girl, but already I like her! :biggrin:

I'm trying to slowly catch up here. Wish everyone the best!

Hi fellow VVs! I have not been around on this forum in awhile...it is all I can do to keep up with my surgeon's forum here. Such talkative people we bandsters are.

Well, coincidentally Saturday was my four-month anniversary and I hit the fantastic milestone of 50 pounds lost that day! I squealed from the bathroom, I think I scared my DH.

I have been so fortunate, no problems whatsoever. I have had three fills and for a total of 4.4 cc in my 10 cc band. My fill doctor (different from my surgeon, as I went out of state) is great. Very kind, thoughtful, not the slightest bit condescending. My weight loss has been pretty steady, luckily.

I eat very normally. I have learned to avoid soft bread and dry meats; otherwise, all is well. The only times I have PB'd are when I have eaten one of those or waited too long between meals and eaten too quickly. They are learning experiences. As I write this I am eating my lunch of leftovers -- baked salmon and steamed snow peas. I eat fast food on occasion but the amounts are so much smaller than they used to be. I also eat the occasional piece of chocolate. My favorite Snacks are nuts -- dry-roasted almonds, pumpkin seeds, cashews. As long as I portion things out reasonably (no sitting down with the whole can of nuts), I am OK.

I exercise nearly every day. At least five days a week, usually six. SparkPeople is my friend -- I love the videos and exercise tips there, and I use it to track my food daily. I also have a variety of workout DVDs and the Wii and Wii Fit. Mustn't get bored. My fitness level is definitely increasing and I don't feel like I'm going to pass out if I go up a few flights of stairs (which is good as the darn elevator keeps breaking at work).

I don't think I could've been prepared for the emotion that goes along with this. I am ecstatic, overjoyed, of course. I feel like anything is possible. But it also feels strange. I feel sad that I didn't do this sooner, for example. I could've been happier and healthier in my 20s. Sometimes I look in the mirror and I see no change. Yet the drawstring of my yoga pants is pulled as tight as it can go, most of my bras don't fit anymore and I can no longer wear my favorite jeans as they end up around my ankles. I am so used to thinking of myself as a giant, Jabba-the-Hutt-like blob. What will I become? I am still me, but I'm changing into a different version of me. I'm just getting to know that girl, but already I like her! :biggrin:

I'm trying to slowly catch up here. Wish everyone the best!

Congratulations :)

In our preband lives would you have ever dreamed you could lose 50 lbs in four months!!!! WOW.

Congratulations :biggrin:

In our preband lives would you have ever dreamed you could lose 50 lbs in four months!!!! WOW.

Thank you! And no, definitely not. The last time I lost weight...in 2002, I think...it was 35 pounds and that took me about eight months of miserably exercising and depriving myself. Then I had surgery, couldn't exercise for eight weeks and that was enough to send the scale going back up. In no time flat, that 35 pounds was back on and it brought friends.

Four month bandiversary...I met my mini goal of 50 pounds on Saturday!!!! A couple days over four months..but that's okay with me!!!!! Congrats to all!!!!!

Four month bandiversary...I met my mini goal of 50 pounds on Saturday!!!! A couple days over four months..but that's okay with me!!!!! Congrats to all!!!!!

Congrats to you JDsmommy! :biggrin:

Congrats!!! that's what sucks about getting banded at the very end of February (3 days before March)... most of the February bandsters have 3-4 weeks up on me :-( I hope I can be close to 50 pounds lost by my 4 month mark too. I think it's good that your band isn't too tight. I'm starting to think that a bandster loses more weight not having their band as tight. Keep up the good work and make sure to check in every now and again with us. HUGGS!

Thanks BlessedTwice & CoolCrystal! It is an amazing feeling! :P