Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

return to work?????

whats the average time off for most people???????

i went back after 3 days of the operation, but there was a bit of discomfort the 4th day (which is today) was great i feel more energentic since i took my Protein LOL

Everybody is differant, had surgery 6/13 and I went back to work today. I am a supervisor so I dont have to lift anything.I could have used a day off , around noon I got to feeling a little rough.

I had my surgery on a Friday and went back to work Tues. I have an office job, so I am just sitting all day.

i went back after 3 days of the operation, but there was a bit of discomfort the 4th day (which is today) was great i feel more energentic since i took my Protein LOL

wow! 3 days I hope to be able to do the same I am being banded on the 26th and hope to gp back to work on the 30th

I was out of work for 2 weeks. It took at least 1 and 1/2 weeks to feel decent. Apparently where I work is very generous with there time allowed off. I think these other people must be super hero patients. More power to them. I had surgery on May 14th and went back to work on May 27th.

Susie

I was banded May 30th and went to work a week later....I was definately ready to go back...although my stomache is still tender even now but a week was plenty.

I was banded last Wednesday and am back to work today. The recovery was tough for a good 3 days afterwards with tremendous gas, pain, etc. But starting Saturday I started feeling more "normal" and yesterday I was working out in the garden. I still have the gas but walking around helps alot (gas x hasnt done a thing for me). I must say though I work at a desk so I imagine much more fatigue if I was on my feet. All in all though, it was a success. :biggrin:

I was banded this past friday, June 13, 2008 and I am at work now Monday June 16, 2008. Still feeling like I am full of gas, but watching tv was starting to drive me crazy. I feel good to be at work now. I know I should be working, but I'm addicted to this site :)!

I feel ok, just making sure that I am drinking a shake and eating pudding, if I get the urge. I think I am on less than 600 calories per day as well. Not that the doctor described it that way, but the shakes are 110 each, and the puddings are 60 calories each. So I drink three shakes, three puddings, Water, juice (100% grape juice is best. Helps with gas :biggrin: Sorry:lol:!) I have also been chewing gum to give my mouth something to do. I know that some people say not to chew it because you swallow air, but that is exactly why I am doing it, the more air in my stomach, plus the gum is making me burp more. Just worried about my body going into ketosis and then will start to have bad breath.

Anyone having the bad breath problem:huh2:? I keep a toothbrush and toothpaste at work, just in case. Don't want to run anyone away because of it.

Keep up the good work,

jlg